We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EXPANSION PACK 9

Right i wanted to start a thread on what the next expansion pack will be?? Which will be number nine

First off its most probably going to be released next year in february or march (obviously)
So possiible left remakes they have got is open for business and University.

University was the first sims 2 pack and i think would be nice for them to remake it in sims 3 it could be like Expansion number 10 so its the Last sims 3 pack i think thats quite a nice thought.....but out of the last 2 expansions left for sims 3 i think there will be a new themed pack as well??
So what do u guys think the new exp pack will be??

Comments

• LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I want Carnival Ep + University :)
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Or even Open For Business + Univeristy
    maybe ? City Life Ep?
  • tabo679tabo679 Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2012
    to be honest id rather them to take time to fix bugs and the lagging that is caused by many things in the game before a new expansion is out but who knows they have been working on seasons for a while so mabey they might have fixed it but if i had to choose a ep it would be a uni or a proper vaction ep
  • Sugarshoes9ccSugarshoes9cc Posts: 1,562 New Member
    edited August 2012
    ummm ambitions was pretty much the careers ep so I doubt they'll do an open for business ep. Would be nice if they did University but either way I got the EPs I wanted (pets and seasons)
  • TattyTeddyLVTattyTeddyLV Posts: 199 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I loved University in Sims 2, but I don't really want it in Sims 3. We already have so much stuff from Sims 2 like Pets, Seasons, Late Night(Nightlife).Yeah, it's great, but I want something new, especially when we know it will end soon. It would be great to get some illnesses, but it can't be a whole pack of course.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    you know.. i guess im lost.. last time i check im in the seasons thread.. not general discussion ...

tumblr_m8vn7baoVz1rtf89b.gif
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2012
    I want Farming or Vacation/Island life EPs from new survey next. :)
  • Rachelrita3Rachelrita3 Posts: 485 Member
    edited August 2012
    An EP that combined Open Business and University :D
    beyoncepepsi.gif
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh come on! There are still two ahead of us and you already ask for the next one? :|
    Why can't you just enjoy Supernatural and Seasons first? There is so much new stuff and interactions we get but some people seem to never get enough.
    This space is for rent.
  • cynjulmarcynjulmar Posts: 201 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I would love University but Open For Business would be my first choice. I loved that one! I'm a pastry chef and want to open a bakery and now I can't wait to make one with the sweet treats stuff!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2012
    University! :mrgreen:

But I really do not care what is next as long as University is in the making. I would pretty much be happy with anything.

Took me awhile to warm up to SN though but I think I will have lots of fun.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2012
    Meh. I've still got SN and Seasons to look forward to... but I'd like a Uni EP.

But I don't think it will be Feb/Mar like usual - I'd say part of the reason they're releasing SN and SE so close together is because of SimCity in February 2013. I think it'l be another 6 months after SE, so May/June time.
  • Bowser101Bowser101 Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    Apartment Life or University
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    you know.. i guess im lost.. last time i check im in the seasons thread.. not general discussion ...

tumblr_m8vn7baoVz1rtf89b.gif

I know the feeling
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2012
    Apartments came with Late Night, so they're not going to remake those; they'd have to re-do the existing gameplay.

The sole purpose for University in the Sims 2 was to introduce the Young Adult stage, and since Sims start out as young adults in the base game, there is no purpose for a University EP; apart from the fact that people are going to expect EA to make it *exactly* the same way as the one in the Sims 2, the game engine won't permit it because of the way the game is designed. You can't actually do it as a separate world, because you can't jump back and forth between the family and the student, so the best people could hope for would be some sort of community lot filled with a couple of classroom rabbitholes and maybe a student union. Dorms would be problematical too. I mean you could have one, but it won't be designed like a university lot and you'll have to pla both your student and your Sim family, pretty much like you do with the professions in Ambitions.

I believe a Sims developer already said that Ambitions was their answer to the Sims 2 Open for Business. And I agree with Cyron. There are 2 new expansion packs to look forward to; why waste time wanting remakes of TS2 expansion packs when EA is probably going to make something new to end the series with?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • aleiapaulaleiapaul Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'd like a University/College and a proper Vacation pack like Bon Yoyage. :D
  • ChocopyroChocopyro Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Oh come on! There are still two ahead of us and you already ask for the next one? :|
    Why can't you just enjoy Supernatural and Seasons first? There is so much new stuff and interactions we get but some people seem to never get enough.

Basically, this. Both Seasons and Supernatural are expansions I have been waiting for since world adventures. I want to live in the present.
  • 1analexan111analexan11 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:

Reason why is just to get some ideas out there im very much looking forward to seasons so if u dont want to here our thoughts dont visit this thread!! And i put it into the seasons forum because its the latest expansion and my post is the next one i know its not the best match but oh well

So yhh would also love uni as well want it so badly!!!! I would like open for business but will it suit the rabbit holes sims 3 has?? I would love a proper holiday expansion like sims 2 bon voyage i want hotels!!! But i dont think thats happening :(
  • katiejo00katiejo00 Posts: 138
    edited August 2012
    This is the seasons forum. This post isn't about seasons. This post shouldn't be in the seasons forum.
    edited August 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Apartments came with Late Night, so they're not going to remake those; they'd have to re-do the existing gameplay.

The sole purpose for University in the Sims 2 was to introduce the Young Adult stage, and since Sims start out as young adults in the base game, there is no purpose for a University EP; apart from the fact that people are going to expect EA to make it *exactly* the same way as the one in the Sims 2, the game engine won't permit it because of the way the game is designed. You can't actually do it as a separate world, because you can't jump back and forth between the family and the student, so the best people could hope for would be some sort of community lot filled with a couple of classroom rabbitholes and maybe a student union. Dorms would be problematical too. I mean you could have one, but it won't be designed like a university lot and you'll have to pla both your student and your Sim family, pretty much like you do with the professions in Ambitions.

I believe a Sims developer already said that Ambitions was their answer to the Sims 2 Open for Business. And I agree with Cyron. There are 2 new expansion packs to look forward to; why waste time wanting remakes of TS2 expansion packs when EA is probably going to make something new to end the series with?

look i understand ur point about university but look at the end of the day EA is a large company and can do anything they want also sims 2 uni was NOT only to bring the life stage into it and it wouldnt have to be a community lot as well ...it could just be like a travel world the way sims 3 WA works, and it is only available for young adults by clicking the phone and applying then you have the option of playing them and travel to the UNI world or carry on plying ur current home lot! However unlike WA u can freely move back and fourth between the worlds, u can go to edit town in the Uni world and at the top right to be an option return to sunset valley. There are ways to go around it.

Also look im not asking for new packs when two are around the corner ppl just dont read what i say anymore i am just discussing new options that the new packs COULD be and am not asking for them to come now anyway!!!! Just trying to pass time Jesus!!
    edited August 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Meh. I've still got SN and Seasons to look forward to... but I'd like a Uni EP.

But I don't think it will be Feb/Mar like usual - I'd say part of the reason they're releasing SN and SE so close together is because of SimCity in February 2013. I think it'l be another 6 months after SE, so May/June time.

yep u definitely have a point about the release date but the whole point they r releasing seasons in November is so it suits the holidays they said it in the live demo but yhh that is another reason..
    edited August 2012
    katiejo00 wrote:
    This is the seasons forum. This post isn't about seasons. This post shouldn't be in the seasons forum.

ok well unless someone can help me change its location then theres no point repeating a point that has been already made
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    so if u dont want to here our thoughts dont visit this thread!! And i put it into the seasons forum because its the latest expansion and my post is the next one i know its not the best match but oh well
    You have a pretty big mouth for a newbie. I recommend you read the forum rules! People have been reported for less, you know.
    This space is for rent.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited August 2012
    I really really really want University. and it would also be a great opportunity to add more part-time jobs, like at the theater and the business building, and they could add a carnival that they could work at part-time as well, and of course sims who didn't work at the carnival could go there too and ride rollercoasters and stuff. I think it would be really fun! <3 and the carnival job could be a profession, like operating the rollercoasters/ferris wheels, serving cotton candy, and some less-desirable jobs like cleaning up vomit. ;P
    And I really hope that if they do University they'll bring back the college dorms. Those were so cool in Sims 2. :P
    44444.gif
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    so if u dont want to here our thoughts dont visit this thread!! And i put it into the seasons forum because its the latest expansion and my post is the next one i know its not the best match but oh well
    You have a pretty big mouth for a newbie. I recommend you read the forum rules! People have been reported for less, you know.

look didnt mean to be rude i may not have many posts but thats because i never reply back just read stuff im definately not a newbie!!! Being playing sims since the first one back in the day!! im sorry i put into the wrong forum part but cant do anything now can i??

i just started this thread for ppl who wanted to share their thoughts on a possible new pack around next year feb-june cuz i know i wanted to share