We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Copy Of Seasons

Are we gonna be able to purchase the limited edition copy of Seasons and Supernatural at the store rather then online?

Comments

• 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was also wondering this, Because I ordered Supernatural online but not yet seasons, Im not sure if i am going to but I would prefer to get a copy in stores. I am hoping I can buy the limited copy in stores.

Unfortunatly I dont know the answer.

Hopefully someone can provid it soon
  • PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2012
    You can, what they tell us is that there's no guarantee. And that pushes us to preorder online. It nets Origin some preorders.

While I highly recommend Origin (don't ask, I just enjoy the fact that I'll be able to download my EP at midnight), you are more than likely going to be able to snag an LE copy from Target or Gamestop or wherever.

Just be sure to do it before or on release day.
  • museman98museman98 Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited August 2012
    i pre-ordered the limited edition of seasons and SN at gamestop and on the receipt it said "Seasons LE and Supernatural LE
  • kari6041kari6041 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:
    You can, what they tell us is that there's no guarantee. And that pushes us to preorder online. It nets Origin some preorders.

While I highly recommend Origin (don't ask, I just enjoy the fact that I'll be able to download my EP at midnight), you are more than likely going to be able to snag an LE copy from Target or Gamestop or wherever.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. I live in a smaller town where the "gaming community" is really lacking, so I'm not worried about getting a copy. I just wanted to make sure they were going to be available there. With Seasons I'll be standing down there at about 11:30 waiting till midnight lol and wit SN I'll probably go the next morning.
    edited August 2012
    museman98 wrote:
    i pre-ordered the limited edition of seasons and SN at gamestop and on the receipt it said "Seasons LE and Supernatural LE

One time I preordered from gamestop and it didn't get here till a week after It was out. I ended up going down to the store and getting one then returning the copy from gamesto right after it got here....... I just couldn't be patient and wait for it hahaha
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:

Digital downloads are not available at midnight unless they've changed something just for this EP.
    edited August 2012
    Well i actually went into the store and pre-ordered it. When it comes out i will go back in the store and pick it up... is the story you just told online order?
    edited August 2012
    museman98 wrote:
    Well i actually went into the store and pre-ordered it. When it comes out i will go back in the store and pick it up... is the story you just told online order?

Yeah it was online
    edited August 2012
    kari6041 wrote:
    museman98 wrote:

Yeah it was online
    oh. cause if you just go in the store and order you can go back the day it is released and pick it up and play it right away. Online takes to long unless i am downloading a sims sp.
    edited August 2012
    museman98 wrote:
    kari6041 wrote:
    museman98 wrote:

Yeah it was online
    oh. cause if you just go in the store and order you can go back the day it is released and pick it up and play it right away. Online takes to long unless i am downloading a sims sp.

Do they stay open till midight do you know? If they do then ill probably do that so I'm guaranteed a copy.
    edited August 2012
    kari6041 wrote:
    museman98 wrote:
    kari6041 wrote:
    museman98 wrote:

Yeah it was online

Do they stay open till midight do you know? If they do then ill probably do that so I'm guaranteed a copy.
    Well only for big games. they usually close around 9 every night except for sunday. Seasons ain't so big, but if you pre-order it you are guaranteed a copy. Not that many people would pre-order this though. There aren't too many sims players anywhere. kinda sad
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited August 2012
    Pill wrote:

Digital downloads are not available at midnight unless they've changed something just for this EP.

They are now. I started downloading my copy of Showtime at Midnight. I think it changed somewhere between Generations and Pets
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited August 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    Pill wrote:

They are now. I started downloading my copy of Showtime at Midnight. I think it changed somewhere between Generations and Pets
    Ah. I didn't know that. That'll come in handy for me on the next SP.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited August 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    Pill wrote:

Ah. I didn't know that. That'll come in handy for me on the next SP.

It has to do with regions. like in the us they open DDs in secions I live on the east coast so there is high population up and down the country so they open like say florida georiga and something else. then a half hour to an hour later they open something else up ive gotten started as early as midnight and late as 3 am.

they have to do that so the servers dont crash with so many people wanting to dl at once.
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I can buy LE games in hong kong at stores tho.. but in chinese