Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long have you been playing sims and what introduced you to it?

Just a random question. How long have you guys been playing Sims?? And what started it?? How'd you discover it? :) I started on sims 2 when I was 13. I went to my friends house and she asked if i wanted to play sims 2. I asked what sims 2 was and she said "You've never played sims 2??? YOU HAVE GOT TO PLAY SIMS 2." Been hooked ever since. Didn't start sims 3 til december 2011. After Christmas.
What is the ep you've had the biggest excitement over. I was really excited for Supernatural, still am. And when I was a sims 2 player, i was most excited over apartment life.

Comments

• Ben_W00dyBen_W00dy Posts: 254 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I was introduced to sims 2 through my sister when i was a child. I was hooked! About a year later i got Sims 2 and i got Sims 3 the day it came out.
  • Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2012
    Gosh, i got the Sims2 when it first came out, it think, and when was that?
    I saw advert on TV and thought, i gotta have me that. I loved the thought of creating myself, or someone better and having complete control of their life.
    I cannot wait for Supernaturals and Seasons, im 23 and i'm like a 3 year old at Christmas!

Dee xx
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2012
    My sister got The Sims about 7 years ago (it was literally months before The Sims 2 came out), I didn't know how she knew about Sims (I never really cared) and I don't know where she got it. I wasn't really hooked... the Sims was really hard. THEN, my cousin installed The Sims 2 on my sister's computer... that's when I got hooked. I was playing Sims 2 all the time, until Christmas of 2009 where I got a new computer and I also got The Sims 3. I must say, The Sims 3 is definitely my favorite! But there are things I miss from The Sims 2.

Anyways, the most excited I have ever been for an expansion was either Ambitions and Late Night, they had amazing trailers that showed a lot and really stirred me up!
  • saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've been playing since Sims 1. I think I just seen it in a store and bought it. I got hooked and bought Sims 2 & 3 when the released. I have every single expansion and stuff pack with the exception of Sweet Treats. I have given EA a lot of money over the years :D

The most excited I've ever gotten for an ep was Seasons for the Sims 2. I ran around my house saying "Seasons!" for weeks... and now I'm doing that again lol
  • honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited August 2012
    My brother made me play 'the Sims: the Urbs' for GBA.

Been hooked since. 8)

I stayed with handhelds until TS3. (He's played all medias.)

He told me not to try the comp version. He said I'd get hooked. :mrgreen: He was right.
  • StrawberryCaykeStrawberryCayke Posts: 1,677
    edited August 2012
    I've been playing since the first Sims game, when my brother told me "You won't understand it, you're too young and it's about money." Well then I was more determined to play it when he wasn't home and I got the hang of if within a half hour, was a silly goose he was telling me it was about money when really it was about life :lol: I also played SimCity 4, i think it was, and I couldn't quite get the hang of it and got bored of that. I have a couple Ep's for Sims 1, I have I think all Ep's for Sims 2. Been a sims lover ever since though :D
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited August 2012
    I am an old schooler, I got Sims 1, making magic, hotdate and one other ep out the bargain bin in a game store after hearing some fuss about how great Sims was. The addiction didn't hit until Sims 2 all EPs all SPs and I think my enthusiasm is waning a bit this time, I still love the sims 3 but I dont feel the need to buy every pack just the ones I am interested in.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2012
    My dad bought me the original sims when it first came out. I think he regretted it though! He could never get on the computer after that! :lol:

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • StroganoffOfBeefStroganoffOfBeef Posts: 743 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was only six or seven when I was introduced to Sims when Sims 1 just released in 2000 by my sister. I'm an OG, I've been playing since the first game released. Always been a Sim-fanatic, and I always will be.
  • cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2012
    i've been playing it since sims 1 came out. my dad told me about it and said i would like it and then bought it for me. he wanted to play it himself so just used that he was buying it for me as an excuse lol
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited August 2012
    I started playing when the Sims came out on Gamecube. So, sometime in the early 2000's.

Then I got TS2 for the computer around 2005 or so. I never bought any EP's for it since it confused me :lol:
    I've been buying the EP's for it now, though. And they're quite fun!

As far as excitement goes for TS3 EP's, the one that had me really stoked was LN. I bought it pretty much right when it came out.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think my brother found out about the Sims 1 through a friend when I was about 9 or 10 and he told me about it. We bought The Sims 1 together and we've shared the game for a long time. He played The Sims 3 for a while, but he isn't interested anymore :? I can hardly remember a time I didn't play The Sims 1, 2 or 3.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've been playing since Sims 1, I got it about 2 weeks after it was released. My brother-in-law had it but didn't like it, he gave it to me whilst I was off school from illness- give me something to do rather than watch daytime TV! Played the games ever since.

As for which EP has got me most excited? I'm not sure really, barring Showtime I've been excited about all of them.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • AZcokeacolaAZcokeacola Posts: 589 Member
    edited August 2012
    I played sim ant,tower,life,city.....all of them
    my daughter begged me for SIMS1 but I thought the mature rating was to much for a kid.
    They offered it threw scholastic book orders so i thought if the school thinks its OK I got it for her. Sims1 so of course we bought more and more fore we got hooked.
    My son had a house he build I think he was 8 that had the Pokemon charterers and the pets were Pokemon.
    I used sims for teaching my other son who is special needs.
  • jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited August 2012
    have been 8 years since I discovered The Sims. But I stopped to play in the release of TS3.
    Bon Voyage :) and now Seasons
    Have all the TS eps and TS2, TS3 eps and sps
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't remember when I had actually started playing but I knew I was playing it in 2000 because Sims helped me get through a very rough time in my life then. So I looked up the release date for The Sims and it was in Feb 2000, so I guess that is my answer. I do remember seeing commercials for the game and knowing I wanted it!

After that, I was hooked! I've saved up for Sims releases ever since, though there were a couple Sims 2 SP I just could never afford (like the vacation one) and I don't think I got many of the SPs. I should still have all my Sims and Sims 2 discs packed away somewhere...though it is possible my husband might have convinced me to toss them once Sims 3 came out. He is always trying to get me to get rid of 'unnecessary' stuff. :roll:
  • jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've been playing The Sims ever since I saw my cousins playing The Sims 1 at their house. I thought it was really cool, so I asked my dad to buy it for me, and even though it was rated teen and I was young at the time, he still bought it for me! I don't think I even knew what woohoo was until The Sims 2 came out. xD
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2012
    My step-sister had the original Sims base game. I used to watch her play it and became addicted. I asked her if I could make a family and she said yes. I planned out the family, made it and played it for hours, then found out she deleted them the next time I went to play the game. :/

That was my introduction to the Sims. I then moved to the consoles before getting the Sims 2 in 2008 ish. I created a 100 Baby Challenge which kept me hooked for 2 or so years, then I moved onto the Sims 3. :)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2012
    I started playing Sims 1 when I was 8. I went over to my best friends house and she had gotten it for Christmas and told me I had to see it. Ever since then I have been hooked. Played Sims 2 for a few years and then got sims 3 the day it came it. Its weird to think I have been playing for 10 years.
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited August 2012
    I received both the Sims and the Sims Livin' Large as Christmas gifts when I was 17 years old. I'm 28 now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • ZoeyFredrikZoeyFredrik Posts: 485 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I was a big fan of SimCity and other Maxis games. So when I read about The Sims, I picked it up shortly after its release date. I bought it at Kmart, I still have its original box. Remember those boxes? Could they get any bigger? That started it and I have been playing since. :D
  • mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited August 2012
    apgdmb1028 wrote:
    Just a random question. How long have you guys been playing Sims?? And what started it?? How'd you discover it? :) I started on sims 2 when I was 13. I went to my friends house and she asked if i wanted to play sims 2. I asked what sims 2 was and she said "You've never played sims 2??? YOU HAVE GOT TO PLAY SIMS 2." Been hooked ever since. Didn't start sims 3 til december 2011. After Christmas.
    What is the ep you've had the biggest excitement over. I was really excited for Supernatural, still am. And when I was a sims 2 player, i was most excited over apartment life.

Much like you, I was introduced to the Sims through a friend. However, I started playing the Sims with the Original Sims (or The Sims 1).

The expansion pack that I was/am most excited about in Sims 2/3?
    - Seasons - I love weather, always have, always will, (save for summer).

In the original Sims, the expansion pack I was most excited about was Vacation. Unlike sims 3, you actually had a vacation. Your sims actually went on vacation

• MeglovinMeglovin Posts: 207 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I was introduced to The Sims in 5th grade, which was about 9 years ago, by a friend who said it was like playing Barbies. I was hooked immediately. In the original Sims, I had only purchased a few expansion packs (House Party, Hot Date, Unleashed, and Superstar) and then years later picked up all the rest. I purchased The Sims 2 and every expansion pack the day they were all released, purchased The Sims 3 and all expansion packs (besides World Adventures) the day they were released, and will be picking up Supernatural and Seasons on their release dates as well. :)

Needless to say, I have been an avid Simmer for 9 consecutive years.
  • PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was only about 6 when I was introduced to the original Sims series by my cousin who referred to it as "Sims 2" but really meant Sims Deluxe Edition. She gave my older brother the game along with the "super secret" Rosebud cheat :lol: and my brother let me play Sims, even though I didn't understand it and why my Sims kept dying. Turns out I wasn't feeding them or letting them sleep... :XD: I haven't got all the EP's in "Sims 1" and Sims 2 but I have most of them. :-)

The most exited expansion pack for me was probably Sims 3 Ambitions - but that was just because I got the Commemorative Edition. :oops: :mrgreen:
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    I started with SimCity 2000. One of my teachers let us play it in school to help us learn about civics. I was hooked. Then, after that the first Sims game came along, and I bought the Sims Deluxe as soon as it was released. My parents would get me different expansion packs as birthday and Christmas presents. I remember how much I loved the Sims, because even though I had really enjoyed SimCity, I was always more interested in individual people and their stories. I wanted to see inside of all of the buildings and know what all of the little people were doing. :-) So, the Sims was pretty much the perfect formula for a player like me. The rest is history.
    IHJCfa6.jpg