Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your simming confessions

What are some confessions you want to make while playing sims. What do you do habitually while building, buying, playing or CAS? What do you do or not do while playing? How many generations can you play before or if you lose interest?

For me
*I always put a fence around my house
*My house is always on a foundation
*I always make the front porch too small to put chairs or plants
*I never associate with the people who come to 'welcome my sim' I just ignore them
*I usually only have dogs in the family
*I age child up to teenagers
*Male pets have blue collars, female have pink
*I can't play a family for too long or I will lose interest in them
*I don't use custom content or mods in my game. Why? because they are a pain in the neck to install
*I am not buying Supernatural, however I will be buying seasons
*Lola De'Angelo is probably the prettiest sim I've ever made
*Sims 🐸🐸🐸🐸. me off sometimes
*I don't like High Free Will. Sims do absolutely NOTHING constructive while on free will
*What the hell is a portable grubb set? it that some wierd musical chairs Sim Style?
*What is it with this shuffleboard table that Sims want but can't afford half the time?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2012
    I do some of those too....

My houses are always on foundations

I never associate with the people who welcome my sim.

I'm not buying supernatural either, but will buy seasons.

and sims tick me off sometimes too.

ummm....

Probably like 99 percent of my sims die because I don't like how they look, or they've annoyed me. Usually this death is achieved through locking them in a glass room and watching them suffer.

My sims babies are instantly aged up to toddlers, just because I think the babies are boring. Also I usually forget to age up mom and dad, so when the kids are young adults, so are mom and dad.

I can't stand premade sims, so I usually kill them off and add as many of my own sims as I can before I get bored of doing so. My sims are not allowed to talk to the premades at all, unless it like happens to be for an opportunity or something like that.

In CAS, making a male sim, I frequently switch their gender back and forth from male to female, to make sure they will make pretty females. I never do this with females.

I've never played a male heir.

I've never made it past the 3rd generation. If I don't get bored my game murders my family. I have however played my current family for a month shy of a year, this is the longest I've ever played a family.... but I'm still only on gen. 2.

I've never completely finished building a home, there's always rooms that don't get finished. I also seldom use a house I build because the unfinished rooms bug me.

I'm sure there's tons more, that I can't think of right now.
  • 2Fast2Furious2Fast2Furious Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited August 2012
    sometimes ill sing to the music in game 8)
    edited August 2012
    sometimes ill sing to the music in game 8)

OH! That made me think of another one.... I hate the music in game (and the noises my sims make...and their voices), my game is always muted... and I jam to my own music selection while playing. Last time I had to turn my game music on for some reason, I couldn't get it to work. I'd muted the game via my laptop sound control... and I was just so confused...that shows how little I turn it on. :lol:
  • 2Fast2Furious2Fast2Furious Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited August 2012
    i put all my music in the custom music folder
    so my sims know what good music sounds like :wink:
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited August 2012
    Whenever I put spawners on lots I always skip the beetles because I think they're icky in real life so I don't want them in my game.

Once I built a house and forgot put doors on the rooms. I was getting mad at my sims because they wouldn't go to bed, then I realized the problem...

I've never played a sim into elderhood.

I sometimes wish my sims would die more often.

I use the names Oliver and Matthew too much.

My CAS male sims all tend to look the same.

I think Claire Ursine is actually somewhat pretty when she loses weight, but I can't stand her voice.

I wish sims had plug-in outlets just so there would be a little horrified face watching them woohoo.

I find this site to be overly censored when it comes to certain words.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited August 2012
    1) My sims never talk to to their friends on the phone.
    2) My sims never have tattoos.
    3) My sims never have body hair.
    4) I'm always looking for new skintones. (I've finally settled on one...for now)
    5) My sims always have cars.

There's a bunch more, but I don't feel like typing them all.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have never played a Sim long enough for them to die.

I don't like playing the normal life span. I want whatever Sim or Sim family I create to live and experience many things.

I design big homes but prefer my Sims to live in smaller ones. Smaller lots seem more manageable.

I have made so many minimalist or modern homes recently that I'm now clueless when it comes to designing a suburban home.

I usually play either a female Sim or a Sim couple.

I have never played a vampire or had a Sim date one. Maybe that will change someday?

I have no interest in Supernatural but I'm buying Seasons the day it comes out.

I always use the freerealestate cheat whenever I start a new game. I always want to play the homes I create and not the premade ones.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2012
    *I tend to build and create sims more than play my family.

*I have a simself legacy that I play the most (which isn't often--only on Gen. 2 and been playing for about 1 month? Maybe 2) with my simself, my bf's simself as the founders. Our sims daughter is named after our RL daughter and their two sons have the names we'd give if we had/have a boy in the future.

*I have never added a simbot to my household(s).

*I love creating real celebrities as sims and have gotten pretty good at it (I think).

*I have the Pets EP but very rarely add pets to my households because they annoy me.

*90% of my houses are from real floorplans because I suck at creating my own.

*I recently added a twitter account for my simself and post updates as seen through her eyes.

*I stink at making male sims, IMO.

*I am rarely mean to my sims (death as punishment etc.). Although, that doesn't mean that they don't, at times, anger me to the point I want to be mean to them, but I can't bring myself to be mean to them...so I just save and quit when they make me mad.

*My favorite sim(s) I've ever created are my Harry Potter characters/sims. They were also the most fun for me to create.

*My prettiest sim I've created, just from playing around with the sliders, is Amelia Aldrich. (google her name and choose images...she's the first pic result).

*My avi is my simself, and although I think she is prettier than I really am, I've been told by a select few that have seen what I really look like, that she really is very close to what I really do look like.

*I have never successfully built a modern home.

*I prefer cottages and family homes.

*My favorite world is Hidden Springs.

*I have tried, and failed, at CAW.

*I've made a few machinima's.

*I haven't played half the careers all the EP's (that I have) have to offer.

*There are things in the game I am just now noticing, but they are things most of the community has discovered long ago.

*I hate that we still cannot layer clothes.

*I hardly, if ever, put an EA hair on my sims (although there are a few male EA hairs I like...females are a different story).

eOI9EQ4.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2012
    1) My sims are not allowed to talk to NPCs ever. If they roll a wish to do so the wish is instantly deleted. If they talk to one while I am controlling another sim the NPC will be reset and their status will be changed back to stranger using MC. If the NPC comes back after being reset and tries to approach my sim again, they will be totally annihilated :D
    2) All phones (house and cell) are silenced. They speak only with sims I allow them to.
    3) My sims do not use maids as they all have high charisma skills and a maid walking in the door is instantly their friend so this is unacceptable.

I am sure there are more things that I do out of habit, but I can't think of them right now :D
    edited August 2012

Once I built a house and forgot put doors on the rooms. I was getting mad at my sims because they wouldn't go to bed, then I realized the problem...

I find this site to be overly censored when it comes to certain words.

I forgot the stairs, and had the same reaction.

This site is overly censored on certain words... I'd consider that a fact. LOL. :lol:
  • efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited August 2012
    When I'm not playing my ISBI legacy, I cheat like mad (lol)

I am a CC freak - addicted to hair and I *hate* EA's hair. Well, I take that back. I hate EA's female, child and toddler hair.

I hate EA's stairs - they never go where I want and they are so hard to turn

I STINK at making roofs. Really, really stink. :( I need to watch more tutorials

I never mute my game - I always listen to my Sims, and the Sim music! I haven't used custom music yet. (Sad to say I've been playing since the first Sims and don't know how to use custom music in Sims 3)

I love gnomes but so far I've only gotten the regular ones

I don't have the Pets EP because I'm afraid of the the mangled Pets

I will get both SN and Seasons but SN first - I cannot wait!

My game is a million times better due to Twallen <3

I think the store stuff is too expensive, especially the worlds. I think SP's are too expensive as well. I think I got spoiled back in Sims and Sims 2 with really good free CC.

Even though the above is true, I still get Simpoints when I can afford them. But truth be told,it is more fun gifting other people with stuff than buying it myself. I can never pick what I want.

I wish I knew how to make my own CC. I used to skin for Sims 2 back in the day and really enjoyed it.
  • Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I am going to mention one, but it is a big one. I am absolutely obsessed with toddlers in this game. Everything from the noises they make to how they act when playing with different toys. I also love teaching them skills or reading with them and seeing it on screen. If it wasn't obvious already, raising toddlers and looking after them is my absolute favourite thing to do in the game :mrgreen: They are just too freakin adorable and charming.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited August 2012
    Several, but here's one for me: I absolutely adore insane Sims. They're just so hilarious. Some of their actions are so fun to watch.

Another one: I am pretty strict on age levels. If I see my household out of age order (this tends to happen for some reason), I fix it with life Fruit and whatnot. I have three brothers, and I insist on keeping their age orders.

And finally, I don't actually age my Sims. I have them in the right stages, and I don't want to ruin them by aging. If I want them to go up a stage, I'll use a birthday cake.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • FrankieChuuFrankieChuu Posts: 611 New Member
    edited August 2012
    1. I only play as/make male sims.
    2. I only play in Twinbrook
    3. I've never played a family long enough for them to die.
    4. I shut off free-will (because they'll do nothing but play with the sprinklers or water slide for hours and hours..)
    5. I spend most of my time taking pictures of my Sims than ACTUALLY playing.
    6. I constantly switch houses.
    7. I've never had a toddler or elder in my family (usually skipped to Teen or YA)
    8. I usually don't partner my male sims with female sims.
    9. I always switch the music in-game with the type of music I like.
    10. I attempt to make all my sims look as unrealistically gorgeous as possible.
    11. I have a blog dedicated to the sim displayed as my avatar.
    12. All of my sims (so far) have died by hunger.
    13. I don't allow my sims to watch t.v.
    14. I don't allow my sims to stay in the house during the day.
    15. I don't plan on buying all of the TS3 Expansions.
    16. I always launch TS3 even though I'm just going to avoid playing it. (like now.)
    17. I secretly created a sim version of my brother and made him get married to the sim version of Michael Jackson.
    18. I can't make a decent-looking sim without using CC.

and that's all I could think of. ^^'
  • imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited August 2012
    About 90% of the houses I make, I forget the bathroom...
  • SilverulzSilverulz Posts: 1,165 New Member
    edited August 2012
    1) I never have aging enabled.
    2) I always have a butler.
    3) I almost never have body hair on my sims.
    4) My male sims nearly always look the same; Ripped skinny jeans.
    5) I seldom get past generation two.
    6) Lately I haven't been getting my sims pregnant because I find it soooo boring. I just get them to adopt.
    7) I always age babies up into todlers...
    8) Then I NEARLY always age todlers into children..
    9) I normally keep them as children for about a day but then I get bored so change them into teens.
    10) All I usually ever do with my teen sims is make them date a few people over a period of like 3 days but then I get bored so I just age them up into YA.
    11) I have never had a sim make it into prom.
    12) I have only ever had an imaginary friend grow up with the kid into childhood once. But then my when my sister went on my game she didn't really understand the concept of saving and she saved her sim family over mine...
    13) About a year ago I made a parody of Ke$ha tick tock.(Just thought I'd bring that up... :lol: )
    14) I always have my game on mute.
    15) I nearly always have my sims in Bridgeport.
    16) My sims always marry Mathew Hamming... It is my goal for EVERY single game I play.
    17) I nearly always play female sims or a couple.
    18) When I do set out to make a male sim I nearly always forget by the time I have gotten into CAS and make a female sim. Then when I get into the game I always remember.
    19) I usually play a game for about 3/4 real life days. The longest I have played is about a month. I nearly always lose intrest.
    20) I always have a butler...
    21) My female sim(usually when she is married) always starts a romantic interest with the butler..
    22) Because of my female sim I always end up hiring another butler.
    23) My second butler is nearly always called buter Camilla :shocked:

But now I have to go :'-( But I have many more 8)
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    -I never let them answer the door.

-I always put their cell phone on silent mode.

-Although I have a huge problem with people cheating in real life, I usually let my sims cheat.

-Only my favorite sim gets to have the more expensive items.

-I always end up killing sims before they reach old age, then I keep them around as ghosts.

-I never give them free will. :/ I don't trust them enough to avoid wrecking the house and making babies. :lol:

-All of my sim children must find suitable partners before moving out.

• bootsycannibalbootsycannibal Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2012
    *I love creating real celebrities as sims and have gotten pretty good at it (I think).

You should upload some to your studio! I'm always looking for celebrity sims. I feel like there were a lot of celebs people made in the sims 2, and not as many for 3.
  • aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always end up maxing up my sims needs.

I can never leave Sunset Valley.

I often create my own "maid" in CAS rather than using the ones you can hire.

I don't do babies, they are aged up straight away.

I use cheats to get my toddlers skills (talking, walking etc) up then age them up.

I usually send children to a boarding school.

tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    1) My sims are not allowed to talk to NPCs ever. If they roll a wish to do so the wish is instantly deleted. If they talk to one while I am controlling another sim the NPC will be reset and their status will be changed back to stranger using MC. If the NPC comes back after being reset and tries to approach my sim again, they will be totally annihilated :D
    2) All phones (house and cell) are silenced. They speak only with sims I allow them to.
    3) My sims do not use maids as they all have high charisma skills and a maid walking in the door is instantly their friend so this is unacceptable.

I am sure there are more things that I do out of habit, but I can't think of them right now :D

This one had me laughing! I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do haha

I always have a fence around the house and prefer privacy, but I have no idea why. I'm not anti-social in RL but my sims tend to be when they're at home :lol:

I'm so used to playing Twallan's version of the sims that I tend to forget what's available because of his mods and what's part of the actual game.

I've never let a sim die young, except for when I was going for a ghost badge. And even then, I brought her back to life. Even though I know it would add some interest to the game, I can't let sims die unless they're elders. I will eventually. Probably when TS4 comes out :mrgreen:

I'm constantly wondering what the offspring of different sim pairs would look like, and tend to do some random pollination around town. It's messed with some otherwise great relationships I start, but genetics are my favorite thing about the game.

I can't stand the sound of the cellphones and try to remember to silence them ASAP.

That's all I can think of at the moment :)

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2012
    1- I always looking for a custom world which suit my needs but I always end up playing EA worlds.

2- I made Cornelia Goth gambling addict while she's elder.

3- I always make Morty and Bella to be in love

4- I often switching to other worlds what I will use it in forever but I always go back to Sunset Valley. it's my fave! :lol:

5- Never got to past 5 generation due to boredom, glitches, etc.

6- I personally don't download custom house that made by other simmers, I always make my own.

Nothing much, really. :D
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2012

You should upload some to your studio! I'm always looking for celebrity sims. I feel like there were a lot of celebs people made in the sims 2, and not as many for 3.

There are some, but the exchange has too many issues (namely right now a corrupt file that attaches itself to anything that gets uploaded to the exchange) and so I usually put them in my blog (http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/search/label/Harry Potter Sims ).

Some of my favorites in my studio:
    Kim Kardashian
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2188464
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5114923

Lo Bosworth
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2421951

Kate Middleton
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4056787

Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliff
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4625393

Enrique Iglesias
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4802833

Neil Patrick Harris
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5342097

Emma Watson/Hermione Granger
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5425134

Not in my studio, but she deserves a shout out:
    Adele Adkins
    http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/2012/03/adele-adkins.html

Ok....shameful advertising of my sims is over. :oops:

eOI9EQ4.gif
  • LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited August 2012
    1. I rarely play with sims that I make. I only play with premade sims 99% of the time.
    2. I play on a rotation system of 2 sim days so that I can play with every premade for the hoods that I have.
    3. I could not play this game as much as I do if it weren't for Twallan. :D
    4. I never build houses because I'm awful at it. (I'm hoping the blueprint system coming with SEA will help me improve)
    5. The only things I let myself change about the premades are their hair and clothes.
    6. The only time I decorate is if my sim is in the architect career.
    7. My aging must be set to sims 2 style aging.
    8. If I want my sims to have a custom house, I will have my sister build it for me. She's amazing at building houses! :)
    9. The lengths for each life stage for my sims are based on the lengths they were in the sims 2.
    10. I have to keep notes on each family. So I have a word document for each neighborhood so that I can keep track of what I'm planning for each family.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited August 2012
    - I'm such a brilliant builder that all my homes look like boxes, or two stacked boxes.

- The first thing I do when entering a new town is go through every house looking for nice color combinations and walls/floors that I can save - because I'm also brilliant at decorating *cough*

- I cannot finish a legacy no matter how hard I try. Many times glitches kill it, but the biggest reason is because I get caught up playing and forget to take pictures. All of a sudden an entire generation has gone by and I have no pictures, no story, nothing.

- I almost always create female sims.

- I love having Pets. I hate pet social needs because I always forget I can play the pet. D'oh!

- I love Berrysim stories and pictures but for some reason refused to ever play one. Then downloaded Sugar Valley save file and have had SOOOOO much fun with them.

- I've only tried a few professions in the game - I apparently don't like to try new things. My sims work only to make money which gardening, collecting, painting and writing do so very well...

- I rarely use cheats

- My sims have very little in the way of social lives - they are too busy dancing to that cracking whip they can hear but never see... needless to say they end up quite skilled but not very popular...

- My game is set so there's only a baby for 1 day... after that, I always play through the childhood/teen years and always teach all the skills...

- I hate that stupid IF doll, but I always let them have it. And I never make it real.

- I will be getting both Supernatural and Seasons. Not so interested in playing a werewolf, but I appreciate every new item and interaction - adds to my game play. For some reason I don't buy the SPs though... or the EA made worlds.

- I love CC but always go crazy with it so end up taking it out.

- Sims without Nraas??? Never heard of it. I think Twallan deserves a nod with an in-game statue or something... Pescado does too but somehow I don't think that's going to happen (/sarcasm).

- Last, but most certainly not least, is that I rely overmuch on the kindness and goodwill of the Simming community - thank you to the helpful people like Blunote and Crincrit (and others whose names I am not so familiar with) as well as the creators like Rflong (same caveat about names) and the CC makers. Thanks so much for making my game that much better and appealing and for being so giving with your talent and time.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2012
    strange happenigns or strange ways to play. Well hum I guess i play a specific way as well.

1. i use high freewill. always. I love how they do things on their own, and sometimes its totally halarious.

2. I use twallans mods, and i love how they choose to do even more on their own now with those.

3. Sometimes i have huge families, and sometimes i have small compact families. Depending on my mood.

4. Once in a great while i kill of a sim, but that is very rare. Generally if a sim dies early in my game i do save and continue, as though it was in RL, u can't just go out and come back. The same with sims, if it happens it happens, if one dies early they die early, if one lives to be an ancient elder, so be it. To me this makes for interesting families.

5. I do keep notes on my families. Mainly so if i am writing a story i can incorporate what they do on their own, or how they live. Or if i just want to look back on the family history i can.. Lets see i am presently have something like 20 notebooks full of sim history. lol.

if i get bored of sims i play swtor,if bored with swtor i play sims.
    Since i live alone my time is my time, there is no one to bug me about do this or do that, so my games get alot of me time.
    I am possitive there is alot of things i auto do in my games things i don't think of, but at the moment I just can't think of anything else.