Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I doing something wrong?

So, this may be a dumb question; if so, my apologies. I just started looking into custom content, and I made a folder called Mods in the program files for Sims 3 (not in my docs), and another called packages in that one. I downloaded some compressed files of cc to the desktop, and had my trusty file extraction folder extract the package files to the package folder.
Why don't they show up on my game launcher in the downloads section? I can make them show up if I click on each one individually in the packages folder and open it... and then it shows up. But that seems pointless- why make a folder if you have to open them anyway? Am I doing something wrong, or is downloading for TS3 sufficiently more of a hassle?

Comments

• Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    So, this may be a dumb question; if so, my apologies. I just started looking into custom content, and I made a folder called Mods in the program files for Sims 3 (not in my docs), and another called packages in that one. I downloaded some compressed files of cc to the desktop, and had my trusty file extraction folder extract the package files to the package folder.
    Why don't they show up on my game launcher in the downloads section? I can make them show up if I click on each one individually in the packages folder and open it... and then it shows up. But that seems pointless- why make a folder if you have to open them anyway? Am I doing something wrong, or is downloading for TS3 sufficiently more of a hassle?

CC from third party sites don't show up in the launcher. Only Sim3Packs, which are most commonly used by the Exchange and the Store.
  • Options
    tms272002tms272002 Posts: 686 New Member
    edited August 2009
    you need to download a Resource.cfg, since I really don't know much about this, I used the helper monkey to install from cough*modthesims*cough, if you have vista use the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar
    for further help
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73573.page
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The Mods > Packages setup is for CC that is in .package file format and requires a Resource.cfg in the root folder (the folder in which you created the Mods > Packages folders). The Launcher isn't involved in installing those. Just putting the .package files in the appropriate folder is all you have to do to install them.

If you are downloading CC that is in .sims3pack format, you just need to click on it and it will put itself into the downloads area of the Launcher, and then you would install as normal for Exchange or Store items.