Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seneriss - An Amazingly Beautiful and Mystic Realm - RESUMED AND BIGGER THAN EVER! ***TESTING***

Pictures continue throughout the thread
Currently Working On - Arid Dunes

Hello, and thank you kindly for your interest and patience. Seneriss is quite simply a world away from the norm and reason of reality. Imagine a mystical realm, lush and beautiful, hues of blueish green grass, juniper trees of thick green nettles, flowers and plants of colors beyond everyday foliage, and homes lit by trinkets and spells. Imagine a spooky bog crawling with blood-drinkers and nefarious plots to control the realm. Imagine a lake filled with the siren's call of love, and the call of deception. Imagine a forest - LIVING - with wood sprites and animals. Imagine snow-capped mountains, wizards and spells within. Imagine a Volcanic shard-land, the werefolk running about. Imagine a canyon of dead and lost souls, flesh-eaters, and the spectres floating about. Imagine a land of mysterious elves, crystal structures and geological wonders. Imagine a plain, the only resident a Boy and his Dog in an overgrown treehouse. Imagine a castle in the center of this all, a King and Queen to rule the land that is Seneriss. Seneriss is a world home to the Mythic-folk of mythology, trickery and beauty about. Massive in size, a mere few towns and a plethora of adventures, Seneriss is your journey away from the noises of cities, and into the noises of the myhtical. Electricity is not a factor. Most homes only offer the essential needs of the Magical-folk, a bed, a toilet, a sink, a wardrobe and a mirror for most. Food is not stored in these urbanized - refrigerators, but rather harvested from gardens. Showers and baths are not in the homes, but rather the the folk bathe in the waters of Seneriss. Vegetation is plenty, and foliage is colourful and beautiful in the brighter area known as Silver Falls. However, deep in the dark forest bog of Grim Water, the more shady and corrupt find the blackened waters their home. The entire grove is hidden through the dense thickness of forest trees, carved mountains, and oddities very few worlds could comprehend. The only entrance to this realm a well deep the harvest caverns. Seneriss is, and will always be, a step into the dreamer's realm few Sims have to opportunity to see. What adventures await you?

A quick overview of Seneriss

o There will be MUCH foliage and scenery, lower end computers are advised to turn settings of trees and such down
o The world will be comprised of largely occult sims (good and evil from both genders, the only normal sim a Human teenager.)
o There will be MUCH special effects like bees and flying critters about. This means the world will have to be opened, saved, main menue'd, and reopened. (otherwise it's just fog)
o There will be a handful of tombs here, I'm not an expert on tomb making, but I'll take my best shot at it.
o The homes are very small, I'll have a few blank lots here and there, and possible a larger lot (30x30) for legacy builders. Most homes don't have refrigerators or showers, but they do have a garden, and other means of survival is around. for instance, the Flame Hounds live in caves, and eat raw fish they catch in a pond.
o I will pre-populate the world.
o No rabbitholes will be present (as there are no roads). Be aware of this when playing.
o This world will feature a multitude of biomes and weather patterns to accompany each one. From hazing desert sands to skin-chilling mountains of ice, from fuming volcanic shards to lush mystic forests, from bleak and grim swamplands to bright and cheery lives, from sprawling plains and feilds to dense woodlands, from secluded settlements to uncharted islands, from cities underwater to cities in the clouds, this realm just BEGS you to pack a trip for adventures as you solve your way through multiple dungeons, see the stories of a multitude of lives, and learn the vast history of the magical Realm of Seneriss.
o It's not a normal type of world!

Seneriss thus far
Screenshot-220.jpg

Silver Falls - Faeries
Screenshot-213.jpg

Terra Fuego - Flame Wolves
Screenshot-218.jpg

Dire Bog - Blood Crawlers
Swamp.png

Here is a map of the Future Plans for Seneriss!
SecondMapofSeneriss.png

Here is the link to the testing world
http://www.mediafire.com/?s4uyfuahtlam53u

BECAUSE OF CREATE A WORLD BEING BROKEN, FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER TO TEST THIS WORLD.

1. Download this world, and install it like you normally would.

2. In your game files, find the DCBackups folder, then open it.

3. Organize the folder by date so that the most recent date appears at the top of the folder. The file will be at the top, with an hideous file name.

4. Rename it to Seneriss - Testing, AND remove the .package extension and change it to .world extension. YES, you DO want to do this (if your computer asks).

5. Cut that file from the DCBackups folder, and then go to this folder -
C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds

6. In your Worlds folder, paste the Seneriss - Testing.world file.

Progress starts here, and continues through thread. Scroll down for more pictures

Here are a few pictures of the world, I've only spent about four or five hours on this. A lot of time went into interior design, and color schemes. I intend to use all of the expansion packs, but no stuff packs (B/C I don't own any SP). Three items from Hidden Springs have been used, but I ultimately wish to substitute them with other objects for those who down own HS.

An overview of Seneriss, Weather patterns and Sky-hues are likely to chance, in addition to fogginess and bloom.
Screenshot-38.jpg

A simple Home with a single bed. Ivy from (I believe a vechile gift from the store) was used here. (If Ivy is from HS, please inform me.)
Screenshot-40.jpg

The inside of the home, shades of green and colors of wood for the serene feel.
Screenshot-39.jpg

Another View of the grove. Although it's not a grove yet, trees will surround the entire village. (Might be very dentrimental on low end computers and laptops.)
Screenshot-41.jpg

If you have comments and concerns please ask. You can also follow the progress on another world of mine, Arcadia, by clicking on the link in my signature. That world is very close to completion, and all that remains is a few more days of testing for any imperfection.

Scroll down for more pictures

Comments

• GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited August 2012
    Is that grass color from Hidden Springs?

The tiny houses are really adorable.
  • Money1000125Money1000125 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2012
    All the recolorings are self-made, and they don't require any downloads to work. They are installed with the world, so there's no worries! And thank you, I was shooting for adorable.
  • Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    I thought that looked like a recoloring of brambles! Haha, very nice! I really like the long, uncut grass look... I might just have to look into stealing that idea! Haha :mrgreen:

Looks awesome though, :thumbup: , nice textures!
    edited August 2012
    Thank you, I'm nervous on how this will affect game performance though, It's a lot of polygons for a small area.
    edited August 2012
    Built a bridge, and some of the river below. I figured I could change the sides of tiles, but the Bloom in this picture is far too high which makes it brighter. I'm a little nervous about routing since I had to use CFE to make the planks level.
    Screenshot-42.jpg
  • Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    Thank you, I'm nervous on how this will affect game performance though, It's a lot of polygons for a small area.

ah yeah, I def wouldn't put an insane amount for fear of lag but... maybe a little here and there for a just, over grown, weed effect might look cool. It's hard to not go overboard with the vegetation when trying to get a realistic effect! grr lol :XD:
    edited August 2012
    Alright, I've gone gungho on this project, and I think what you'll see will be awesome. I'm having some problems with the sky (clouds not rendering properly, the sun and moon not appearing, bloom a little too bright, but that's for later.)

Behold, the Silver Beach. Take a moment to relax, dip your toes into the water (Once seasons comes out), chat with some friends, and enjoy the beauty.
    Screenshot-47.jpg

Why not take a hike up to the top of the waterfall? The views are sure to be amazing.
    Screenshot-48.jpg

Wouldn't this house by the water just feel cozy sleeping every night the the roaring waterfall?
    Screenshot-49-1.jpg

How about these homes? Close to eachother, but still your own space.
    Screenshot-50.jpg

Take a moment to relax on the bridge over the running water, maybe gaze upon the waterfall, or go fishing for a bit.
    Screenshot-53.jpg

Feeling adventureous? Try jumping into the Realm Gate to see if it takes you back to Earth, you may be surprised to find where you end up. (Currently not operational, but I do have plans ;) )
    Screenshot-56.jpg

Though there is still plenty to be done, the world is coming together with beauty is lush verdure.
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    edited August 2012
    While testing in-game, something deathly frightening happened. The entire world turned black, indoor lights turned on (at 8:23am), the sea water turned bloody red, and the waterfall was a very misty black with plumes of deathly smog. as time progressed, the entire world grew darker, and darker, succumbing into pitch blackness as the sea of bloody water faded away with no light whatsoever except for the light from windows. (it was noon now) All of the lots had red rectangles around them, and I think my test Sim actually died. Now, at 2:34 AM, that can be a somewhat a scary thing to see.

The good news, The hiking trail, and cave are route-able.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited August 2012
    OMG I just read your last post :shock:
    Your world will not be for the faint of heart :wink:
    The colouring/bloom of your world are very unique.
    Is it just due to modding INI files? or have you recoloured some items?
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited August 2012
    I've recolouring many items, and the bloom in those pictures are apart of what appears to be a glitched version of the world. Right now I'm trying to recreate the bloom since I had to redo the INI files to stop everything from turning a hauntingly black. And when you say "Faint of heart", do you mean people with bad computers, or that the world is beautiful?
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited August 2012
    Looks lovely so far :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited August 2012
    Looks good. :thumbup: There's one thing I believe could lead to issues, and that's the lack of refrigerators. An NPC Sim will not move onto a lot without a fridge, so you'd probably need to do a fair bit of testing with that.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited August 2012
    Money1000125, I was refering to:
    While testing in-game, something deathly frightening happened. The entire world turned black, indoor lights turned on (at 8:23am), the sea water turned bloody red, and the waterfall was a very misty black with plumes of deathly smog. as time progressed, the entire world grew darker, and darker, succumbing into pitch blackness as the sea of bloody water faded away with no light whatsoever except for the light from windows. (it was noon now) All of the lots had red rectangles around them, and I think my test Sim actually died. Now, at 2:34 AM, that can be a somewhat a scary thing to see.
    But your world is beautiful :D
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
    edited August 2012
    Steph: I'm pre-populating the homes, Moving in would be a problem as I don't want sims who wear random clothing to infest this "Realm" village. I'll leave a home or two blank, for player control. Question is, will they then move out of the homes if already there?

Stella: I just ran the clock for three weeks straight, no problems. It does that when the ini files are missing, but the colour ramps are still packaged. So it's no longer a problem.

Random Reader: I tried to create a floating turtle-shaped island. When it came to making routeable land in the sky with no land-strings attached, that wasn't a problem. The problem was it looked ugly. I'm not scrapping the floating island idea, Just placing it somewhere else for some fun adventures. Seneriss Is a Realm of many adventures very few worlds have ever had. Spelunking through real caverns (Not the cheap basement tool caverns), Floating Islands of land, a swampy bog with haunting noises and critters about, and the mystic Seneriss Falls forest. Quests and stories sprawling through the city and surrounding area, disputes between royal families and the local mafia, adventures and beauty both divine and otherwordly. Seneriss will take a LONG time to create.

This island is NOT in the final version, BUT, I will include a floating Island or two elsewhere.
    Screenshot-60.jpg

Another view at Attempt #1, Once again, this island is not going to be included. I ddidn't like the proximity of it, But i will have floating islands in the final result.
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Update on the world! What I have to show you here is the market up and ready for use. I put a consignment register in a lot assigned as small market, I'm currently unsure if this will work or not. I'll also look into using a register mod to assign roles before packaging the world for testing. I am happy with how the market turned out, It's flashy like a market, but still peaceful and fits in the forest ambience. What do you think about those wooden aviary-like cages I made? They are built with four wooden arches, and I couldn't find any sort of surfaces fighting eachother. The stalls are made from arches, curtains, and shelves. I personally love using shelves to make many kinds of things, like steps or grated creations. I don't like using custom content in worlds (Except for ones which are helpful like rabbithole rugs).
    Screenshot-67.jpg

Here is the overview of the town. I'm changing the name of the realm to Seneriss, and the name of the town to Silver Falls.
    Screenshot-66.jpg
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2012
    WOAH! I had a feeling this would be a "new" kind of world. It's basically only a small part of the world but it really looks like you are on to something! In fact... I always imagined a world similar to how you are making yours.

Anyways, it looks like it will be fantastic!
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for the comment, I'm planning on making this a full-on project in due time, I have two ideas for towns here, one a the forest I'm currently making, the other a swampy / dark forest like bog area not far off. Kind of a good town vs. bad town thing. You said you had and idea for something like this, could you please explain it some bit? I'd love to hear about it and see if I could work in some details into this :)

Also, you mentioned this was a "new" kind of world, what does that necessarily mean?
    edited August 2012
    This world is giving me problems with saving and other stuff, So i'm putting it on hold for now. I'll wait until shortly after supernatural, then continue working on it. Thank you for your patience.
  • timecatchertimecatcher Posts: 387 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wow this world looks brilliant!

Hah two worlds of excellent professional quality, both just so happen to be yours!
  • FudgeLabFudgeLab Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2012
    WOW!!! Your world looks amazing! You've put a lot of detail into it so far. It will be perfect for Supernatural. I've always wanted to try the CAW tool; I might have to try it when my Simming computer is fixed (I've been without Sims for the whole summer... :cry: )

BTW, I took a look at your other world as well. Very creative! Keep up the awesome work. :D
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wow I love your rocks, did you color them, if so how do you do that. Is it a mod.
    Your work is wonderful, awesome.
    I have a work in progress on now, It is Insular Isle, would you take a look at it and perhaps give some informative input. remember I am new at this. It is not complete, I am still working on it. Have much more to do. I have some pictures up.
    I would appreciate you input. I think it is on the first page right now.
    Great work, you are such a great designer.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited August 2012
    I once considered making something mystical, but you executed it far better than I could have imagined. Excellent job.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh my goodness. This looks amazing from what you have so far.

I can't wait to see the finished product. I really like the direction you're going with the whole mystical feeling. I've been getting kind of bored with the "normal" towns. I.E. towns like Sunset Valley, Riverview, and any towns like it. Not trying to be too critizing, but EA kind of lacks diversity beween their towns. You have to pay for something that would be different aka Lunar Lakes. So, this is a really nice change.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
    edited August 2012
    I am also really happy with how this is turning out, I'm just facing a major, dentrimental road-block right now. Unable to save my world. I've also learnt the size of the forest will be a couple thousand trees, so I'll have to figure out how to make a dense forest with not so much trees. I've begun using variations in fir trees (only one was recolourable), and the forest DOES look nice, it's just VERY VERY VERY hard on the cpu. I'm only at 15 fps on maximum settings possible. But lowering the trees from very high to high made it 36. I'll have to find a way to overcome this, while still making it beautiful. I will say that I've planned out the dark forest / bog area, and am working on the hidden forest part. Right now I'm also trying to export my other world, Arcadia, and am taking a break here and there to work on another world, Bright Falls. I'll post pictures soon.

P.S. I think Lunar Lakes looks beautiful, but I can't scrape the $25 for it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    In the Faq at the top of this forum I believe there is a section on using the "cluster" option for the trees that might help the issues with them. Also are you aware there may be problems if you use more than 8 - I believe the number is 8 - type of trees in a single world - so you might want to look for info on that also. If you have questions I would ask Aunty Lynds as she and her site of simmers put together that FAQ and they have tons of wonderful people who know all kinds of info regarding CAW too. Also Rflong just knows everything about making all kinds of CAW worlds and is good about providing info if you seek her out.

Me I just mainly know who to ask things of and where to find info as far as CAW goes. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....