Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COME ON!!!!!

omg! HURRY UP!!!
this game could not be ANY slower. i can't believe this--EA, patch, please?
the idea to fast forward through an individual interaction is genious, the pace, however, is insane. waste of 50 bucks? maybe. i love all the new features but there are also some I miss...

two and a half stars.

Comments

• ETECDETECD Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Have you tried setting your gaming options on "low" for graphics?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a feeling a lot of people would be disappointed with this game.

The game speed doesn't bother me that much. I find ways to get around it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • brownercbrownerc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, i have. thats where my defaults are anyway.

it looks like i'm not the only person with an objection to the pace of this game... ughhh.
  • peewee5278peewee5278 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The game isn't slow for me at all. It's equal to TS2 at the least. Get yourself some more RAM and a faster processor and a better video card, dudes.
  • brownercbrownerc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    like what, jarsie??
  • RGDeltaRGDelta Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am running athlon x2 7750 with 4gb ram 9600GT video card and with graphics set to high and 4 lots at high and this thing is as fast if not faster then sims 2 and all of this on Windows 7 RC 1. The minimum requirements that EA posted might be too low from what I am reading tbh but that is my opinion.
  • peewee5278peewee5278 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, RG. If you're playing this game with the minimum specs and you're running Vista no wonder you're frustrated. Vista itself sucks up 512MB of RAM.
  • AngieraeAngierae Posts: 149 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm running this on my laptop with Vista, and its not slow at all - a whole night's sleep takes maybe two minutes.

The system requirements for this game are VERY HIGH. Its not the game, its the computers its being run on. Someone posted elsewhere that a day of Sim is taking them 1.5 hours of RL - their computer is just not handling it well.