Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we HAVE TO have an umbrella?

Has it been confirmed that we can choose to walk out in the rain without an umbrella? I'd love to soak my sims! :P

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think so. They said we can also have parasols for our sims to walk around in the sun with, so I'm sure we can choose when to use them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish I had your problems. :roll:
    This space is for rent.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure you can use an umbrella or not, I'm sure it's possible. :wink:
  • Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope we don't have to use an umbrella, Cause I want my Sims to get ill :)
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I don't think so. They said we can also have parasols for our sims to walk around in the sun with, so I'm sure we can choose when to use them.

When did they say that? :?
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure we will be able to make that choice. I hope so at least... I want to see what happens when sims are exposed to various types of weather. =p As bad as it sounds, I'm excited that they will be able to have colds and stuff.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

In the Seasons half of the Supernatural and Seasons live chat.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:

lol, Cyron, you made me laugh. :mrgreen:
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

I don't know whether they're optional or not, but they DID say that sims would have parasols. I heard that, too.

What I mean is, that their optionality has not been confirmed. But it does follow that unless parasols are automatic (which I doubt) that umbrellas might be also. We just don't know yet.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited August 2012
    .. then dont buy an umbrella for your sims :) .. problem solved

They are upgradable so they must be bought from buy mode :|
  • beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

Yes, you can walk in the rain without an umbrella. Umbrellas are said to behave like canes from The Sims 3 Generations: they are equipable at choice in your inventory.

Here we see sims in the rain with umbrellas, but also notice the woman running in the background without an umbrella. It seems she is trying to avoid the rain.

SpringRain.jpg

You can view other screenshots like this one here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/568667.page

:)

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope we don't have to use them. I'm hoping that they work the same way as the cane does. However if they are automatic than I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

lol, Cyron, you made me laugh. :mrgreen:

🐸🐸🐸🐸 me too :lol:
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    beastcam1 wrote:
    Yes, you can walk in the rain without an umbrella. Umbrellas are said to behave like canes from The Sims 3 Generations: they are equipable at choice in your inventory.

Here we see sims in the rain with umbrellas, but also notice the woman running in the background without an umbrella. It seems she is trying to avoid the rain.

SpringRain.jpg

You can view other screenshots like this one here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/568667.page

:)
    ^^ This.

Also this was evident from the live chat when they sent that demo family over to the park. They were standing around in the rain after they put their umbrellas back into their inventory.
  • 2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's like the canes that came with generations. You can just put them and your inventory and choose to use them.
  • ButtaflibabyButtaflibaby Posts: 9
    edited August 2012
    Even if they are automatic, in the demo they had the father sim put away the umbrella so that he could do something else. So that will be an option...
  • 101magster101magster Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2012

Honestly I want to be able to make sims sick. Then kids couldn't go to school and adults coulDnt go to work. And maybe kids and teens could fake sickness to get out of school
    :twisted:
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited August 2012
    From the looks of it, it works a lot like the cane does in Generations... so no.