The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witch Information

"Witches can be made in The Sims 3: Supernatural's Create a Sim. They can be both genders, and can have skin that ranges from normal tone to green or golden. All witches use some sort of object as a focus for their spells, and you can give your witch a stereotypical wand or power their spells through a familiar like a cat (fulfilling a witch's lifetime happiness goal can even let them cast spells with their bare hands). Wands don't have to be bland -- all Sims have the option to use their hard-earned Simoleons to purchase awesome wands, the more advanced of which will give them an increased success rate for spell casting."

The third paragraph of this (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/10/the-sims-3-supernatural-the-life-of-a-witch) article.

With this Image:
TS3_Supernatural_Witch_Duel1-610x343.jpg

Comments

• bmealaynabmealayna Posts: 442 Member
    edited August 2012
    -This shows there's a LTR for witches

-The aforementioned fire spell can let you do something as simple as light a fireplace, or you could use it to to inspire fear or harm other Sims.

-If you start a fire, though, you can always put it out with a well-used Ice Blast.

-Dueling allows witches to fulfill Lifetime Wishes and, according to Myers, is "totally awesome."

- If your witch's meter gets too low, you can always regenerate your power slowly over time, by using the magic broom arena or by instantly using an Essence of Magic elixir (adding even more incentive to keeping up on your alchemy skills).

-Using the broom arena gives witches a chance to show off their skills, and is where witches can improve their riding ability, unlocking more tricks to perform for themselves and for friends (hint for a riding skill maybe).

-At some point your witch has to slow down and recover after a long day. Every witch has to watch their magic meter when casting spells, because the lower it falls the higher the possibility becomes that they'll fail.

-Failure won't always have disastrous results, but with some spells like reanimation, failure can mean death.
    edited August 2012
    Assistant Producer Megan Myers says "there are a few surprises for witches with the evil trait."

You can see the article here, on a different website: http://gamenews123.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/the-sims-3-supernatural-the-life-of-a-witch/
    edited August 2012
    Spells Officially Confirmed:

-Aforementioned Fire Spell.
    -Reanimation Spell, can cause death when failed.

Possible Skill: Broom Riding, (secret skill) Spell casting (With Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells.
  • Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Omg thank you for this information, Im so exited!!!! :D
    edited August 2012
    Me 2!
  • onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited August 2012
    This is awesome.. im really planning to start with a witch when I get SN :mrgreen:
    edited August 2012
    I'm thinking of making a whole family of Supernaturals!
  • Wowful4uWowful4u Posts: 124 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you, this is awesome. I havent heard much about witches and you got some great info XD thats really cool about the evil and good traits that they do effect the witches XD
  • beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

Thanks so much for the information! I'd have to say witches are my favorite supernatural... or well, at least the supernatural I am looking forward to the most! :D

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Awesome. =) I'm most excited about making a witch. I sort of want to choose one of her children to carry on the "magical" tradition and then one of their children and so on. I'd rather of one magical family than a town full. The other supernatural creatures, however, can run rampant for all I care. =p
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    edited August 2012
    Good to hear some new info trickling in about witches.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    bmealayna wrote:
    Spells Officially Confirmed:

-Aforementioned Fire Spell.
    -Reanimation Spell, can cause death when failed.

Possible Skill: Broom Riding, (secret skill) Spell casting (With Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells.

You forgot Ice Blast! :wink: