Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets guess the new deaths

Heres a few that i remember from TS2:

1. Death by hail- stay outside in the hail too long you would die
2. Struck by lightning- pretty obvious
3. Freeze to death- stay outside too long during winter, if a sim doesnt melt ice with a hairdryer, you freeze to death
4. Death by illness- illness goes untreated for too long your sim dies

Does anybody remember any more or have any ideas of a few new possible deaths?
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• vbrockinvbrockin Posts: 123 Member
    edited August 2012
    Freeze to death in snow.
  • beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

I'm a sinister-simmer, and I love to cause trouble in my sims lives >.>
    So naturally I am hoping for some sort of ocean related death such as lost at sea or shark attack. One can only hope xD

But also, the lightning and hail have been confirmed so I believe, but there was a third death mentioned. I doubt you can bake to death in the sun, though it would be interesting if your sims caught on fire from sun exposure, HAHA!

But freezing to death will also be returning. I'm sure it's even more difficult to do in the Sims 3 than in the Sims 2, though. Things were very easy to fall out of balance in The Sims 2. I'm certainly going to keep my sims outside long enough to try it, however, in my winter survival challenge I'll be conducting.

I still treat my sims fairly SOMETIMES though.... :P

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    edited August 2012
    I cant believe i forgot about freezing to death! xD

• ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Sims are able to catch colds now, so maybe they can die if it's not taken care of.
  • mandyamandya Posts: 575 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope that sims could drown in the ocean. Hmm I wonder if the hydrophobia trait would be affected in the ocean too >:) I look finding new ways to kill my sims
    edited August 2012
    Sims are able to catch colds now, so maybe they can die if it's not taken care of.

I think they did have that in TS2. My gosh, they may include a LOT of new deaths!

• Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited August 2012
    The death by freezing is confirmed, I just hope they will add death by lightning and that death by hail isn't the same types as freezing to death. Somehow in sims 3 we're getting not many death types so Il would be happy if they would added even 2.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    Death by implosion! :lol: Lol just kidding. I don't really want to see that happen. :wink::lol: But something related to the heat!

I think that being struck by lightning will constitute as electrocution as the official death type, but can still be considered as a new way to die, since you can't get struck by lightning already! :wink:

I think that death by hail is a bad idea, especially with story progression in TS3. How will the neighborhood get out of the hail if they're on some community lot that doesn't have any buildings or roofs?! :? That is, if umbrellas don't protect you from the hail! :wink:

I also won't like the death by illness. I don't like having to worry about keeping our Sims healthy while we could be playing the game all the time!

It will actually be more of an nuisance to have to do chores so our Sims won't die on a daily basis with Seasons installed, if there are indeed multiple death types! (Another thing that I didn't like about TS2 Seasons!)
    So if that is a new death, I hope that the illnesses are uncommon, but very, very rare to die from!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2012
    I just hope they are "real deaths" and not coded like some of them were in TS2.
    Some, like freezing actually used starvation as the default death. Even though they had the animation for freezing, the death was a result of the needs bars bottoming out and the Ghost would be that of starvation (color and actions - stealing food from the fridge).

I wonder if they will also have Spontaneous Combustion again. It was kind of funny to watch them work out or make out, then burst into flame when their temp meter was too hot. :twisted:
    If they do, I hope it's not glitched like it was when it was at first in TS2.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited August 2012
    dang it liam :evil: i know who is going to be the first sim to test the freeze to death :twisted:

also with the new traits likes the cold...likes the heat that will make a difference to the seasonal effects on a sim ?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sharks! Sharks!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Shark attack, freezing, heat stroke, illness.... maybe a tornado? =p
  • Kedg24Kedg24 Posts: 1,743 New Member
    edited August 2012
    death by heat,
    death by weather,
    death by ocean,
    death by broken necks,
    death by heart attack,

i'm sure there are more but makes me wonder what they will be.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2012
    Vampyfan2 wrote:

3. Freeze to death- stay outside too long during winter, if a sim doesnt melt ice with a hairdryer, you freeze to death
    hairdryer? is that a confirmed thing? or an idea..?
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2012
    Kedg24 wrote:
    death by heat,
    death by weather,
    death by ocean,
    death by broken necks,
    death by heart attack,

i'm sure there are more but makes me wonder what they will be.
    broken necks?? woah..
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2012
    Freeze to death is already confirmed as far as others lightning has to be a given and maybe heatstroke and even shark attacks are possible since sims can swim in the ocean.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2012
    Shark attack, freezing, heat stroke, illness.... maybe a tornado? =p

Graham confirmed no tornadoes,hurricanes or floods will be in seasons.
  • clover087clover087 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Of what I have heard from Sims 3
    -Freezing (as seen in trailer)
    -Lighting (electrocution) If a sim is already singed than they will die.

Possible Rumors
    -Being buried to death, by snow. This can also happen to pets too
    -Hail (being hit by it)
    -Sickness (although EA only said allergies, and hay fever)(It may be like sims 2)

Ones that could be?
    -Being scared to death (maybe by aliens) (coward sims)
    -Shark attacks
    -Heat stroke
  • turtlepandadragonturtlepandadragon Posts: 428 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Love the ops siggy much more creative then mine I was going to do rues lullaby with a pic of rue sleeping but I could figure out how to insert pics
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just throwing this out here, but I think the Frozen to Death ghost should be frosty blue with snowflakes falling off of it.
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited August 2012
    mandya wrote:
    I hope that sims could drown in the ocean. Hmm I wonder if the hydrophobia trait would be affected in the ocean too >:) I look finding new ways to kill my sims

Aaaaw you're so sweet :twisted:
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited August 2012
    1. maybe not a death per say. but abducted by aliens and never return (rare occasion) your sim pic is faded out.

2. Death by falling icicle

3. Death by attack of a polar bear (a new wild animal that appears only during winter)

Ok the last two maybe over doing a bit lol (but its a start) :lol:
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

edited August 2012
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Vampyfan2 wrote:

hairdryer? is that a confirmed thing? or an idea..?

That's how a sim would warm back up in TS2, another sim would have to use a hair dryer on them. Not sure how it will be in TS3

• BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited August 2012
    What about death by heat stroke! Funny to see your sims sunburn but death by sun would be so cool :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • aevorea01aevorea01 Posts: 46
    edited August 2012
    beastcam1 wrote:
    I'm a sinister-simmer, and I love to cause trouble in my sims lives >.>
    So naturally I am hoping for some sort of ocean related death such as lost at sea or shark attack. One can only hope xD

I could see that, but in the rabbit-hole sense. What I mean is, you know how when you send your brave (maybe) Sim exploring into the catacombs/mausoleum and you'll occassionally have pop-ups on what's happening? Like, "Your Sim sees a beautiful waterfall", "Your Sim has been mauled by a bear". I could see ocean-related ones like, "Your Sim is fascinated by the beautiful coral" or "Ouch! Your Sim was bitten by something ... huge" or "Wait? Was that a MERMAID that just swum by?!"

Then again, the way I'm thinking about it, it wouldn't be a death but rather a huge negative moodlet.