Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW HELP NEEDED!!!

I don't know what went wrong. My CAW was woring fine, but then I updated my Sims 3 games, so it was requested that I update my CAW Tool as well. I did. And so now I cannot play my worlds (which, as I already said, worked fine before updating). It shows a massege that reads: The Sims 3 Create a World Tool has crashed. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupted.

PLEASE HELP!!! I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOSE 3 YEARS OF HARD WORK IN JUST ONE WORLD!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hello :)

Oh, hate when that happens :( You should always backup your files before updating - I, and many others here, learned the hard way.

Have you any backups of the world?
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited August 2012
    Check in the troubleshooting section of the CAW tutorials, at the top of this forum. There's one about making CAW Large Address Aware, using CFF Explorer. Your issue is from CAW needing more RAM (memory) than it has access to.
  • Options
    ejavornikejavornik Posts: 34
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I do have oother backups of my world. But that does not seem to be the problem. If a copy a backup to my desktop, and tell CAW to open it, CAW will give me the same "corrupted memory" message.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is all that about CAW Large Address Aware? You think if I do what they say my game will work? That would be AWSOME!!

Please help me out!
  • Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Have you tried reinstalling it? I believe that you need to reinstall CAW after every game update.
  • Options
    Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    Hi :D

Here is the link from the FAQ thread stickied at the top of this forum:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

Click on that link, and follow the different directions to see if any of this might fix your problem. Based on what you said, when you click on the modthesims link I gave you, look under Make the CAW executable Large Address Aware. I think that addresses the issue you are having. Good Luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ejavornikejavornik Posts: 34
    edited August 2012
    Wow, guys, thank you SO MUCH!!! I did the LAA/CFF Exlorer thing and now my game works perfectly. THANK-YOU!