Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Sign me up too! :D
  • michaeldaquilamichaeldaquila Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Signed!
  • yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'll sign.
  • twirlstwirls Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    CREATE A WORLD FOR MAC!
  • SerafinenSerafinen Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    SIGNED!

I have been waiting years for this...though somehow I feel like I'll wait a few more..
  • TwilightStar09TwilightStar09 Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to sign - I have had to bootcamp my computer in order to use it. And Windows 7 doesn't exactly come cheap.
  • higurashiFallshigurashiFalls Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Sign me up! xx
  • heat33330heat33330 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2012
    Signed!
  • breakbrucebreakbruce Posts: 230 Member
    edited July 2012
    Signed! Tell EA I'll throw eggs at them if they dare be biased against us Mac users.
  • techqueentechqueen Posts: 137 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'll sign! :D
  • keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2012
    Signed. I saw this thread in a search and was hoping someone figured out a "crack" to get CAW working on cider.

I WANT CAW!
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    me
  • JHS90588JHS90588 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Sign me up. This Create A World thing sounds interesting.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    You guys started this nearly 3 years ago - back in 09 - when are you going to face facts - there will be no CAW for Macs if there hasn't been one by now - we are moving into the last year and a half of Sims 3. Like I said many times when you all first posted this - that this needed to be posted on the MAC site - as it is they - the MAC people - that needs to add the proper programs so it can run CAW.

Actually it is possible if you run the program needed to run Windows - as your Mac will run CAW if you add Windows 7 to your MAC. CAW is a Windows based tool period.

But face it - if in over half the run of this series your petition has done nothing - it will do nothing.

Mac could have made it possible if they wanted too, but instead they make it even more difficult as they are even adding less of the programs this tool needs to run to new Macs. It will never happen.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Daytona500PDaytona500P Posts: 1,345 New Member
    edited August 2012
    sign me up!
  • manny37manny37 Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    Signed:)!

Proudly using a Macbook lol.
  • Nemo1497Nemo1497 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I got really excited about there being a Create-a-World Tool but no one with a Mac can use it! It would be nice if EA could at least tell us if they were making one for Macs?

Oh...and I'm not quite sure how you sign.
  • equestriannequestriann Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Sign me up!
  • aquaxylaphoneaquaxylaphone Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    dont know how to add my name, so can you do it for me?

aquaxylaphone

thanks! :)
  • zeesitzeesit Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    [...] Like I said many times when you all first posted this - that this needed to be posted on the MAC site - as it is they - the MAC people - that needs to add the proper programs so it can run CAW[...]
    No, it's not a "Mac people" task. First of all, because EA hasn't published the file format specifications for worlds/terrains. If they published it, some CAW-alternative could be developed. Without knowning the technical details, it's not possible to develop the programs you argue.

Moreover, I do believe this is the right place to post this, because it's the official forum, and it's here where we can be heard. We've the right to do so, because we payed the same as you to the same company as you.

• zeesitzeesit Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Please, sign me to the petition!
  • JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2012
    Probably been written before, but I bought windows 7 and using BOOTCAMP and using instructions put it on my macbook pro.

Now I have Mac and windows on my mac book pro, and because its a mac, Sims and CAW run very fast on both.

If you're unsure about modifying your thousand pound laptop yourself, I am sure there are many places where it can be done for you.

Cheers,

Jack
  • SparkleKunSparkleKun Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sign me up, please c:
  • demiurgentdemiurgent Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Sign me up. I want this. Like... more than a friend.
  • bluebaybluebay Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    SIGN ME UP!!