Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats left to add?

So basically after supernatural and seasons, what do you think is left to add to the game? If there is anything left to add... :shock: Could seasons be the last ep? Anyway post EP ideas and thoughts :D

So far EP ideas:
-University
-Freetime-ish (more activities and stuff)
-Vacation (real ones like TS2 bon voyage but I doubt it)

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2012
    uni/college
    vacation(real ones as you mentioned) not WA!
    Farming
    Carnivals and theme parks

:)
  • Options
    glitterandguitarsglitterandguitars Posts: 259 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think there should be these:
    -university
    -farming

I also think there should be a new stuff pack that includes body piercings, including belly, facial, etc. :-)
  • Options
    GheezGheez Posts: 279 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'd like Farming too.

Maybe also some kind of business thing too. So that we could operate shops or venues.

Farmers selling produce or maybe even a petting zoo (so maybe a few more animals?)

I'd also quite like era-themed expansion/stuff packs (clothes, hair, items and build items) possibly with programming that allowed you to set the dress style of the townies and the cars that they drove. Maybe that way there could be futuristic vehicles in Lunar Lakes?

I'd also like to be able to select an entire house and change its position on the plot (without having to knock it down and rebuild).
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Shopping venues that aren't rabbitholes like malls(with mall cops), gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants(fancy and fast foods), and car dealorships to name a few....

Skateboarding, four wheelers, bikes(that can go off road) boats, planes, and a functioning hot air balloon and basketball or at least a basketball hoop.

More schoolyard games and dares for children, also the ability to make them act bad;like kicking adults in the shins and throwing tantrums.

...And a zoo and circus would make the game feel complete :-)

• Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    There is always Open for Buisness

I'd love to do some robotics!
  • Options
    Emily485Emily485 Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think (by the looks of it theres soccer and snowboarding, might be more) Seasons will basicly cover a Freetime sort of thing. Probably uni, or another random thing EA makes up like Showtime.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2012
      Carnivals/circus (could combine aspects from Showtime and the seasonal festivals from Seasons)
      Amusement parks
      Combination of FreeTime and Open for Business, with more items Sims can create and sell (I'd like to see a jewelry station similar to the inventing station, where Sims can use gems they've found to make jewelry that can be worn and gifted); either set up your own shop or sell through Buy Mode or if you have Ambitions the Consignment Shop.
      University, with an additional age state of College Age between Teen and Young Adult.
      Zoo/photo safari
      Sports pack (bringing back basketball, volleyball, adding things like tennis or handball or ping-pong)

Probably more out there as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2012
    I would love for them to add University. Part of me wonders if maybe they will add it, because we have tattoos, yet no piercings....and piercings would fit in really nicely with a college-oriented EP (Hey, it makes perfect sense to me!)
    Also, we're missing proper rock and punk music selections, which is incredibly irritating. Indie is all we have in terms of alternative music, which is one of the most popular forms of music along with Hiphop/R&B and Pop (which we have)

It could also add new challenges for teens looking into going to school, and YA's could differentiate from adults (seriously, they get the same clothes, hair, make up, interactions, everything. The only real different? Adults have slight stress lines here and there) So it'll put the "young" in young adult by far.

I would just adore a Uni EP :-)

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2012
    Neonivek wrote:
    There is always Open for Buisness

I'd love to do some robotics!

nope they did that one already .

• Options
    kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2012
    - Sports
    - Farming
    - University

^^ Those are the ones I'm hoping for. Or with University, at least maybe an option to follow the kids to private school when you send them. I don't like them just disappearing.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited August 2012
    Farming is what i want. And University. I Don't want Sims 3 to end yet because finally i get my beloved Seasons and i don't want to start over again and wait untill Seasons comes til Sims 4... (If it isn't one of the first 3 EP's. Because then i can wait xD)
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2012
    1. Farming EP ( from survey )
    2. Vacation/ Island life ( from survey, mermaids :D )
    3. University
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited August 2012
    - Own and operate your own amusement park
    - Build a megacorp (OFB plus competition)
    - Study abroad (Vacation/Uni)
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited August 2012
    I am just guessing here, but I think they are trying to get everything out before the end of the year,(SN & Seasons) so they can devote thier time to sims4, and they will do everything else for the sims3 through the store and updates... but I aren't too smart, so i could be VERY wrong! :mrgreen:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited August 2012
    manwitch wrote:
    I am just guessing here, but I think they are trying to get everything out before the end of the year,(SN & Seasons) so they can devote thier time to sims4, and they will do everything else for the sims3 through the store and updates... but I aren't too smart, so i could be VERY wrong! :mrgreen:

nope, the reason that SN and S are so close together is that the "realtisc" people who don't want SN can buy S instead. (
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    SamerTim wrote:
    So basically after supernatural and seasons, what do you think is left to add to the game? If there is anything left to add... :shock: Could seasons be the last ep? Anyway post EP ideas and thoughts :D

So far EP ideas:
    -University

adding:

- OFB

- Farm life.
    This would go well with OFB. Add domesticated livestock like pigs, sheep, coats, cows and chickens at minimum). For wildlife, add rabbits and squirrels. And allow your sims to hunt (aka collect) them and sell them to the grocery store for $$$.

Add more edible crops like wheat (to bake bread & pastries), strawberries, blueberries, apricots, corn, maybe even rice and aspargus.etc.
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited August 2012
    MadameLee wrote:
    manwitch wrote:

nope, the reason that SN and S are so close together is that the "realtisc" people who don't want SN can buy S instead. (

I was just stating my opinion and guessing, you seem to "know", maybe you could provide a link or something to back up your "facts".
    8)
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2012
    SamerTim wrote:

So far EP ideas:
    -University

adding:

- OFB

as i said before they already did this with Ambitions and they've said as much
  • Options
    RojasamRojasam Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Something left to add is actually being able to live in an RV and travel from place to place. Kind of stupid but w/e

Also they can also add a way to move from town to town very easily.

EX: You zoom out on a town (Say the late night town) then you have arrows on the side of the screen leading to other neighborhoods. After your sim drives on a bridge to the other neighborhood.

^ if nobody understands that because I don't know how to word it right X_x...It's connecting all the neighborhoods.
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited August 2012
    University is basically all I want

I want studying abroad, with University. I want scholarships out the yingyang. Scholarship Contests, such as essay writing, which can carry on into the University level. Ability to have special projects in turn of Quests, like having to research the cooking skill write, a paper, make slide show, present at school. Go interview a celebrity, write a paper on what you learned. etc.

I can't wait for University :3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited August 2012
    manwitch wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    manwitch wrote:

I was just stating my opinion and guessing, you seem to "know", maybe you could provide a link or something to back up your "facts".
    8)

Here you go: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/569814.page

She beat me to it.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget, releasing Seasons when they do is going to take them out of or close to out of the slump they have been in. 4th Quarter sales are going to skyrocket. Great marketing! :thumbup:

Plus on a sentimental note: I like to think it is a "gift" to us fans for sticking it out! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    edited August 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Don't forget, releasing Seasons when they do is going to take them out of or close to out of the slump they have been in. 4th Quarter sales are going to skyrocket. Great marketing! :thumbup:

Plus on a sentimental note: I like to think it is a "gift" to us fans for sticking it out! :)

I agree with you about the sales.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2012
    SamerTim, I too would like to see uni and a real vacation ep.

But I'm not too interested in a freetime remake. All those hobby heads - :shock: all over the open world :shock: - would be worse than anything that's annoying now. :? I can't imagine those rude, uncouth sims, barging into my sim's house to shake his hand!?! :evil: Couldn't they wait until morning? or some INVITED time? oh they annoyed me to no end. I finally took off all the doors to my sims house when they were skilling, it drove me NUTS! :shock:

sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent. :oops: sorry.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8