Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gah, supernatural - a builders nightmare!

RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
I have zero ineterest in zombie attacks and cartoon style pea shooting plants, so I had absolutely no intention of getting this EP, especially as you can't disable the freaky night cycle.

But looking at screen shots, there are a couple of cool looking items. I noticed what is probably a barn-style run down rabbit hole and a working bridge that looks in need of maintenance. The sliding bookcase door would also be fun, and some of the furniture looks cool for a spooky house feel.

Link to some object pictures from a fan

Just wondering, how many regular builders are intending to get this EP?

Comments

• Options
    KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited August 2012
    All of those items look amazing! Just my sort of thing. I am deffo getting this EP. I was going to get it anyway but now I'm even more excited! Plus I think Zombies and Werewolves and the rest would be so much fun. Although I can see it being annoying... Kinda like the celbrity/papparazzi thing. That got old fast.
    I think I'm more excited for seasons though. Actualy I don't know, I'm excited for both!
    Working on a world right now that I hope will be finished around the time Seasons comes out, and it'll hopefully work well with both EP's :D
  • Options
    Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    I have the exact same opinion as you, Remmo. I have no interest in this expansion pack regarding all the silly little fantasy things (even the vampires from LN annoy me) BUT I'm most likely still going to buy it, mainly for the items and such for building :-)
  • Options
    timecatchertimecatcher Posts: 387 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just to clarify... all supernaturals can now be turned on/off, as can the effects of the lunar cycle. There have been no expansion packs to my knowledge that have actually FORCED you to use features you didn't want too, for example laundry in ambitions etc.

Don't not get it because of those aspects since they will be optional.

Sean.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm just glad we have options to disable occults XD And pausing the lunar cycle.
    You're too late.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2012
    The gurus have said on multiple occasions that there are no controls to turn off the zombies. All the other creatures, yes, zombies, no. :x

The only thing that might work, at least in any 'hood besides Moonlight Falls (since it probably already comes with a zombie or two), is to just not use the full moon cycle. But since it's not yet clear what other game play that leaves out, I'm not at all sure that's a satisfying answer.

I pre-ordered it today because I found a sale; at $10 off I decided I might as well give it a go, but I hope I don't regret it. I have a feeling I may be depending on Twallan to come up with a way to eliminate the zombies! As well as any other bugs it comes with, of course. :wink:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah-I'm totally getting it-it's like my thoughts about showtime-I don't really care for it, but for what it gives you in terms of plants, objects, and all that fun crap, it's definitely worth it-and I'm glad that they appear to be including new trees so I don't have to recolour those aspen trees all the time to have a normal looking forest.
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited August 2012
    The fact that you can't turn zombies off really turns me off of this EP. I mean, zombies are the thing I hate most that are coming with that EP. And since I like werewolves, turning the lunar cycle off would ruin those. Sigh.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2012
    I will get it JUST for the content but its Seasons I have PEPS for lol In fact I will buy it at the same time as Seasons to save having to deal with the hassle of updating Mods and Patches lol

Seasons will work well in my world buut Supernatural wouldnt