Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creative Corner - Subforums

Comments

• GuitarzGuitarz Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2009
    YES PLEASE!!!! Agreed 100%!
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree so much! I think I miss so much on here because of all the topics I'm not interested in. It all moves so fast, what could be something really interesting ...I miss!

Good plan - very much needed!

*waves at Guru's* :)
  • romantiscizedromantiscized Posts: 163 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I concur, I find myself going through endless lists of stuff I'm not looking for. Sometimes I'm in the mood to browse new builds, other times I just want to read a story or something... It'd make things easier and the first page of the thread are just about full of stickies, so it'll give other people opportunities to have their work, challenges, etc. sort of notice, ya know? Good ideas everyone, help they put this into effect.
  • Nevar530Nevar530 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i am in on this it would make my night of endless filtering through stuff i am not looking for easier.
  • ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thanks for all these great and creative suggestions everyone! - and your support of course :-)

i´d still love to see the lots/challenges part devided. i - at least once - built for a challenge myself; but one can still post the new lot itself in a thread besides the challenge-thread to advertise/show it to the community! i loved it as it was in TS2. i was taking part in meksle´s "NPC challenge" and when we got our subforum, it was much easier to find the according thread. now i play more for myself, sometimes build, but i know that i miss tons of really perfectly made stuff from my fellows - sigh.

and i definitely agree with the siggy-stuff; it IS creative to make a signature, and our fellows are doing great jobs on them, no question. but it´s got nothing to do with the game actually...

crossing my fingers for us all ;-) have loads of fun!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2009
    Count me in, it definitely needs reorganising into sections.
    apple-signature.png
  • ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2009
    You know what else would be nice, if we had a way to find our posts other than bookmarking.
  • anita2606anita2606 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2009
    I definitely agree, thank you for making a thread about this :)
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2009
    I posted my observed facts and the need for more differentiated forum sections in the second week of the game being ours..

For the creative section I see

A. Lots
    1. Lot Challenges
    2. Residential Lots by Individuals
    3. Community Lots by Individuals
    4. Build & Buy Items; Recolors of Maxis
    5. Build & Buy Items; Poster's Original Patterns
    6. Requests or Offers to Build

B. Sims
    1. Makeover Challenges
    2. Households
    3. Individual Sims by Simmers
    4. Clothing-Recolors of Maxis
    5. Clothing-Poster's Original Patterns
    6. Requests or Offers to Create

C. Gameplay Challenges
    1. Short-term (1 generation or until goal accomplished) gameplay chlg
    2. Multi-generational/Long-Term Challenges
    3. Legacy Blogs

D. Other
    1. Links to CC on FREE fansites
    2. Siggy Requests/Offers
    3. ??

Basically the breakdowns for ease in locating what was looked for or where to 'brag' that the Sims2 bbs has..

E. Q&A - to be answered by Guru's regularly.
  • BRose87BRose87 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Signed.
    edited August 2009
    "Q & A" is definitely a good idea stuart!
  • ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2009
    deserves a bump
  • ZzingedZzinged Posts: 333 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Signed. Some organisation would be great for these forums, especially with the amount of traffic it gets. It really doesn't help at all that the first page already has like 7 stickies, which means that new posts get bumped off the front page very rapidly. This is annoying especially since there's no way of changing user preferences to allow for more posts per page.

Even the stickies could use some trimming. Does the good and bad showcase still have to be a sticky? Could the threads 'do not post personal photos', 'exchange rules' and 'Welcome to the Creative Corner and Exchange FAQs' be merged into one large 'read this first' post?

hrmm
  • BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    Zzinged wrote:
    Signed. Some organisation would be great for these forums, especially with the amount of traffic it gets. It really doesn't help at all that the first page already has like 7 stickies, which means that new posts get bumped off the front page very rapidly. This is annoying especially since there's no way of changing user preferences to allow for more posts per page.

Even the stickies could use some trimming. Does the good and bad showcase still have to be a sticky? Could the threads 'do not post personal photos', 'exchange rules' and 'Welcome to the Creative Corner and Exchange FAQs' be merged into one large 'read this first' post?

hrmm

I agree it could be trimmed down alot. Good idea.
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited August 2009
    Don't forget Machinima!! The directors out there lose a new vid post almost immediately.
  • TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, it would definitely be a good thing to sort out those sections into subforums. As a builder I tend to be looking for lots for the most time, and it would be nice to have them all collected in one place :oD
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2009
    Good point berrypie and everyone else.

I'd love to see the Creative Corner have the following subforums:

Q&A
    Lots
    Sims
    Custom Content
    Videos & Stories
    Alternative Gameplay (legacies, etc.)
  • fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ricslady99 wrote:
    You know what else would be nice, if we had a way to find our posts other than bookmarking.

oh yes and that too and please - PRETTY PLEASE, give us some sort of PMing system. I hate not being able to contact other members about their creations.

They could actually make the forums like a social network especially as they have an added friend function, It could show which forums you have subscribed too etc and so much more, and just make the whole thing much more user friendly.

:D:D:D
  • TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2009
    Agreed!
    edited August 2009
    thanks ricslady99 :wink:

i agree to everything, and zzinged, good point there, too!
    TnT, this is exactly what i was talking about - i´m a builder, at least my deepest liking of the game is the building part, so i´m mainly looking for lots, too (not for downloading, but i love looking at the talents of others, plus love to comment/rec these creations). others will look mainly for sims, taking part in challenges etc...

LOL and i think all of you (us) who signed/answered to this thread represent the most loyal group of sims-players :D
  • PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, we do need some order.
    I don't do competitions because of a) too many rules and b) I only want to be competitive when I HAVE to!
    I like looking at stories, lots, sims etc, but I would like to focus on one at a time.
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Friendly Bump it's down on page 6 :)
    edited August 2009
    Bump for this! *falls over from ball thrown too hard from adult sim :cry: *
    edited August 2009
    It looks like they noticed the post about compacting the stickies at least :D hooray :)
    edited August 2009
    hey, didn´t realize yet benn - one point for us :D

thanks for bumping everyone ;-)