Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• onthesunnyside99onthesunnyside99 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    agreed and *signed*
  • foxxymoronfoxxymoron Posts: 38 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If the game even worked properly from the beginning I may feel differently about paying for extra stuff, but as it hasn't, I don't! The whole point of its predecessors was that they inspired creativity and there literally were not limits to what you could create. Far from freeing your sim from their homes, this game actually dooms them to a life half lived in a tiny, boring town where nothing ever happens and the fixtures and fittings are just lamentable. Short of destroying the whole town and re-creating it (which I have already done) what else is there to do?? Shame on you EA - you could have made just as much money by giving us a decent game we could actually use and left us to customize as it as we wish.

SIGNED!!! :roll:
  • monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2009
    foxxymoron wrote:
    If the game even worked properly from the beginning I may feel differently about paying for extra stuff, but as it hasn't, I don't! The whole point of its predecessors was that they inspired creativity and there literally were not limits to what you could create. Far from freeing your sim from their homes, this game actually dooms them to a life half lived in a tiny, boring town where nothing ever happens and the fixtures and fittings are just lamentable. Short of destroying the whole town and re-creating it (which I have already done) what else is there to do?? Shame on you EA - you could have made just as much money by giving us a decent game we could actually use and left us to customize as it as we wish.

SIGNED!!! :roll:

Tiny, boring town? Have you played any other sim games? Sure, the downtown was interesting, but simply getting there made no one want to go there. Instead of looking at what's lacking you should look at what the game has to offer. But some people must always complain... :roll:
    edited August 2009
    Crazypan wrote:
    SIGNEDSIGNEDSIGNED!

EA is a bunch of greedy *********

As if they don't have enough money already as it is they CHARGE us for virtual furniture knowing that we really want it! Soon enough they'll make it a pay by month 🐸🐸🐸🐸 nonsense.

/signed Crazypan

No one here fully understands the costs involved with making a game, and they assume that since a game sells well the company makes a bajillion in profits. Grow up people. Everyone needs to think before they speak around here. And you're right, they are charging you for virtual furniture knowing that everyone wants it. That's business 101 my friend. That's how a company makes money. And if it weren't for things like that, companies would not be in business. I'm lauging right now rereading the orginial comment. It truly shows the education level of some simmers...
  • blazerelf007blazerelf007 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. Unless it's something that takes a great deal of time, like a neighborhood, I don't understand the point of charging.

However, I doubt any kinda of petition will do anything.

But I'll sign none the less. Cause I agree. Kind of.

/signed.
  • AyanaAyana Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed
    I totally think that buying stuff from the store is just screwing all of us sim fans over. Its a load of bull hockey, haha. And there's only like 3 good hairstyles in the sims store anyway.
  • ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited August 2009
    I AGREE!!!!!!! 100000000000000000000000000000000000000%
  • lilrabbitlilrabbit Posts: 183 New Member
    edited August 2009
    *facepalm* If you don't want to pay, just do like anyone can with movies and 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and find a torrent.
  • UnrealityUnreality Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

I need more than ONE cute toddler hairstyle!
  • SarahTheSecretSarahTheSecret Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree.

I haven't even used my "free" 1,000 points because I thought it was completely ridiculous.
    I only download the free things. (:

/signed SarahTheSecret
  • simtastic4077simtastic4077 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Close the store and add the items to the game.

/signed simtastic4077
  • KellyrxKellyrx Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed kellyrx
  • Daisy745Daisy745 Posts: 533 New Member
    edited August 2009
    lilrabbit wrote:
    *facepalm* If you don't want to pay, just do like anyone can with movies and 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and find a torrent.

hehe, yea, all yuh gotta do is google ;p

hey, btw, why does this thread have like an arrow next to it's title...at the recent topics thing...

edit-

/signed

I dont remember if i sgined b4 or not, may b it was another thread, soo...

edit- title with two t's ais a bad word? how? wat does it mean? i didint noe that o.o

sorry for my spelling ;p hehe
  • TheFajitaMasterTheFajitaMaster Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed TheFajitaMaster
  • mzsakura7mzsakura7 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    monkymn00 wrote:
    No one here fully understands the costs involved with making a game, and they assume that since a game sells well the company makes a bajillion in profits. Grow up people. Everyone needs to think before they speak around here. And you're right, they are charging you for virtual furniture knowing that everyone wants it. That's business 101 my friend. That's how a company makes money. And if it weren't for things like that, companies would not be in business. I'm lauging right now rereading the orginial comment. It truly shows the education level of some simmers...

I'm sorry but are you a 🐸🐸🐸🐸? As someone who worked retail through college with a double major in film production and business, I'm well aware of the costs that go into making any sort of media for consumption, but can you remember the old premise of volume over cost? That my friend, is rule number one of mass consumerism. EA definitely overcharges based on their volume AND quality. I can also tell you that every developer I know(And its a lot em trust me) thinks they totally phoned in some of the most important operating points on Sims 3. But then again so are all gaming companies. Most importantly is file size. The store is one of the biggest offenders of this problem! There are ways to make the files smaller but it takes a lot more time. This is a quick hit to their pockets at the price of the Sims consumer. Companies are taking advantage of the fact that storage size in computers has increased dramatically and they are deciding to cut back on the time it takes to make files that are smaller and work. The game said leave 1 GB for content. I have only downloaded items from the store in my stupid belief that they would be smaller that the ones on TSR for example, but I'm down almost 10GB! Nothing else has been added to my machine other than these items. My comp meets all requirements. Maybe if it were on a stuff pack things might be smaller due to the limits on a CD. EA would also most likely make more because some people don't like downloading custom content due to risks on the net. Even on sites like EA. Again I've seen this with my friends and their kids. Maybe you should be the one to go to business school. Everything is always marked up at least double its value if not more.
    Sorry for the long rambling rant. I'm better with the written skills when I haven't been on set filming for fourteen hours a day for the past week. Hiatus seems shorter every year lol.
    Just know consider this signed! Id much rather shell out 20 bucks more frequently for Stuff packs
  • mzsakura7mzsakura7 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh and not to be too snarky, but I take extreme offense to that comment about the education level of simmers. Personally graduated high school when I was a sophomore and was accepted to some of the finest schools in the country. I'm a USC girl and proud of that. But NYU and Yale wouldn't have been bad either.... Just because people aren't great with the typing or the words, doesn't mean they're dumb or ill educated. Makes me wonder about others though...
  • creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2009
    close the store! close the store!! close the store!!!

signed by me

come to think of it, there are many of us who could not even redeem their bonus sim points that came with the game. EA you are shameless.

and now the new EP has the same feature of bonus points (wonder if they are redeemable or will vanish into thin air).

• ShivaDark21ShivaDark21 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed ShivaDark21

It's quite unfair to be honest... I can't even add points to my account! In the billing information section of my account where I'd be adding a card to the account the only country available is the US. My details clearly say I'm Irish and living in Ireland and there's no opinion for euros either!

How am I ever going to get anything from the store if they don't let me get points! They should get rid of the store, it's to expensive and impossible to get points in the first place!

I didn't even mind the stuff packs in the sims 2, bought them all infact. Why can't they do that instead of the store?
  • Tess917Tess917 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I sign it!
    But then I think maybe the people who already paid should get compensated. Or, maybe keep the items in the store that are there now, but add new ones to the game for free.

I agree!!

/Signed

Tess
    edited August 2009
    mzsakura7 wrote:
    Oh and not to be too snarky, but I take extreme offense to that comment about the education level of simmers. Personally graduated high school when I was a sophomore and was accepted to some of the finest schools in the country. I'm a USC girl and proud of that. But NYU and Yale wouldn't have been bad either.... Just because people aren't great with the typing or the words, doesn't mean they're dumb or ill educated. Makes me wonder about others though...

While I won't aruge with you about your first post, your 3 messages indicates to me that you haven't been around these forums for a long time, which means you really haven't seen the "smarts" that some people display. Once you've been around longer come on back, then we'll have a real discussion about the education level of simmers. Trust me, your opinion will have changed.
  • AvlnmistsAvlnmists Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /signed

I had over 10k downloaded files for Sims2.. Im a download junkie, and considering the economy and my financial situation I cant afford to buy sim points and spend em.. so that leaves me unhappy in my skimpy selection. I am very happy tho with the ability to recolor everything, so Im not chewing at the bit as much, but I do long for more items... as I saw someone say earlier, I too would rather shell out 20 bucks on stuff packs, and I cant wait for more EPs...
  • cheapermondaycheapermonday Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2009
    signed by cheapermonday
  • Jamieboy1Jamieboy1 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /Soooo signed!

The base game cost alot and didnt give me as much as I wanted. Them 1000 sim points dont last long either..
  • taytayotaytayo Posts: 92 New Member
    edited August 2009
    / signed taytayo

• TS2HelmTS2Helm Posts: 144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im just guessing that all 119 pages are signatures as I do not actually want to read it all.

But I sign it.