Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After World Adventures what do you want the next EP to be?

Comments

• mariahkempmariahkemp Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    vampires! magic! pets! seasons!
  • lITHADAWNlITHADAWN Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MAGIC,WITCHES,VAMPIRES,ALIENS,WEREWOLVES,PLANTSIMS ,GOTTA HAVE'EM BACCK ASAP!!!!!!!!
  • SimSmerfSimSmerf Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you think about it, it seems like EA is trying for a much more "realistic" game with TS3 than in the previous games. Sure, there's ghosts and a few wacky items, but that's about it. The destinations available in the next pack (China, Egypt and France) are obliviously real places, not a magical land.

I believe that adding another magic/werewolf/vampire pack would ruin this feeling completely and would clash. I'm totally for this more realistic approach to the game.

I also want some new expansions and not just remakes of old ones. I was disappointed when the news of the first Sims 3 expansion came out and I discovered it was a Vacation remake. Again. I would love to have pets and seasons back (my favorite of the TS2 expansions) because they were realistic and affected everyday life in a way that happens in real life. I wish that EA will create an expansion that affects everyone, in their homes and around town. Add new venues, social groups, more careers, education, etc.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2009
    Seasons probably won't be until the 3rd or 4th ep....

I'd like to see a Citylife Expansion, that introduces a busy city with skyscrapers, sims rushing about. It could have aspects from Nightlife with Dating (maybe vampires :P), from Open for business in that you could open your own stores and Apartment life in that you could own your own apartment.

I think those three Sims 2 eps together would make a great sims 3 ep Plus it would be good to put a few eps in together so there's more room for new ideas.
  • VilageidiotxVilageidiotx Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the next one they should make is pets! I loved having the pets around, because I love having my animals around, so why should my sim miss out on having their animals around!! :D:mrgreen:
    Also I think it would be cool if they brought back the vampires and werewolves!
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Simango wrote:
    I'd like to see a Citylife Expansion, that introduces a busy city with skyscrapers, sims rushing about. It could have aspects from Nightlife with Dating (maybe vampires :P), from Open for business in that you could open your own stores and Apartment life in that you could own your own apartment.

YES! :thumbup:

My sims are getting so bored of suburbia...
  • meghan_mascara21meghan_mascara21 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    preit wrote:
    I know I probably stand alone here, but, I would love to see Eras
    i.e., you could have an 1800s era, where there are no cars or electricity, people live in log cabins, small towns where there are market places and you have to have a farm or something to sustain. I think it would be interesting.

I want to see seasons come back, but maybe make one called "Wildlife", where you can encounter deer and other animals while running around. This EP could also have your pets brought in (but more than just dogs and cats, maybe horses and cows and stuff). Also a flock of birds can come and **** on your car right after you wash it (seriously, why do cars NEVER get dirty? IRL I have to clean my car just as much as the shower...stupid dirt!) if you have the unlucky trait.

I would also like to see a "Mature" e.p. (though I highly doubt it would ever occur) where your sims could get "trashed" or "blitzed". You can spend a crap load of money to put a hit in on someone that is ticking you off, etc. I guess that is why they make GTA though huh?

🐸🐸🐸🐸! that's what me and my friend were JUST talking about.
    you DEFINATELY dont' stand alone.

and i'd like more things to do like baby things and stuff.

Oh and different musical instuments like saxophone.
    and stuff like photography and different socializations.

i don't know what.. just surpirize me
    and different meals.
    like fruit salad and like on sims 2 pets on the ps2 pick ur ingredients.

OH i remember! like if you have a little family shop and you live on top.
    or like market stalls.

and DISABILITIES/ like cancer, can't walk. things like that.

and cooler jobs.
    like secretary
    bartender
    and have a thing for stay at home mum/dad and get benifits.
    Librarian.

Oh and if you got to choose different hair lenghs using slidey bars and have different bangs. Like you choose a bangs style then different hair types (curly wavy straight) and then like pick each one. like how you do with the face.

and people should be able to get drunk and have teenage babies
    and apartments.
    and like have different age stages:
    baby/ toddler/ child/ teen/ young adult/ adult/ MIDDLE age/ old person.

and the young adults go to uni for different courses and they have to get good marks in high school with exams with classes they choose.

and with the artistic bit they should be able to sketch as well.

*wow my creative juices are flowing*

and they should have washing machines and have choirs and things.
    just sweep the floor.
    and shelves you can put stuff on.
  • Sigmund23Sigmund23 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would like to see the weather change. I wanna make lemonade and cookies on a hot summer day before setting off to rock collect.

Shelving and cabinets would be nice to store things in, my inventory is getting awfully full. It would be cool to have an interaction for the kids "sneek into moms trunk" and see what's inside ^_^ be able to put photos and things in the chests. I have a mean mind but that is what I loved about being a kid, the exploration, it makes childhood charming.

I like the idea of playing games within games, becoming the hero. I'd like to duel, maybe evil versus good people and everyone else is just bystanders.

Tuck able shirts, more control over the styles of clothing in a neighborhood, option to home school kids.
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Weather and more things for families to do..they always eventually become acquaintances because there isnt much for them to do together.. what happened to that board game from the sims 2? my sim families always used to play it on saturday afternoons if it was raining :p
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I want something different but that includes some from the old stuff. I want a more family orientated ep that filled with more sports, games, toys for kids, going out together, etc oh but most of all stops my sims from barely knowing each other from birth and the younger sibling being able to play with their siblings. I mean I hate that I have to get family relationship up from zero every single time. That is so annoying and when have you ever known children to not play with or torture their younger siblings and I don't mean just steal their candy. lol.
  • simsfanaholicsimsfanaholic Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would say something with seasons again! It added so much :) and I would like to see a Pet one too... with the customization in this one just think of what we can make for pets... I just hope there are more main pet choices other than cat and dog. I also wanna see something new... its always fun to see them remake their old EP's and make them better but it's more exciting to see new ways to explore the game!!!
  • balaenanunbalaenanun Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd love a mix of seasons and pets as well! A sort of nature/wildlife EP like some people suggested before.

Then one like Open for business, that would also make all buildings in the town open, so you could see your Sims in it, at work and doing other interactions (the theater, the Spa, the school, the restaurants etc).

And then an EP that would offer many things to do at night, clubs and so on.
  • FaellenFaellen Posts: 154 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Any kind of magic EP!

And why do I keep seeing suggestions that involve our sims dying of cancer? Do people seriously want to watch their sims die like that? It just annoys me a little :(

Edit - typos
  • lg526lg526 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm loving the ideas. I saw a time travel one, that would be cool. Also I am seeing a lot of farm life EP's. Keep the ideas coming :!:
  • ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2009
    Urban Life!
    - rabbit hole Uni because I found it boring to sit there for hours till they graduate
    - apartments!
    - downtown!

I found that boreing aswell most of my kids went to uni but never came out lol
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited August 2009
    University is a must. I'd like to see dorms again, cowplant, zombies, all of that, but with a TS3 twist. Hmm... apartments too, definitely. PETS! Pets would be cool, because then you could encounter strays downtown. Let's see... no seasons. Seasons was boring for me and just made them have frostbite or sunburns and pass out/be taken by the social worker. And gardening was a real pain (still is) because the plants have ZERO longevity. lol. Ummm... Makin' Magic/Supernatural Pack. =D =D =D I want to see vampires, werewolves, zombies... hmmm... mummies are confirmed in the new EP, so that's good. NO MORE RABBIT HOLE COMMUNITY LOTS. :x Gaah. I'd like to be able to go in the bookstore or grocery store, or into the bistro or diner, and be able to build new versions. Work locations, no, but everywhere else, definitely. Mausoleum too. Wrap that up with one giant neighborhood creator and THAT is what I want TS3 to become. ^_^

Sorry if that was a long rant. :oops: I have really high hopes for this game, and I'd hate for EA to carelessly start releasing Stuff Packs like they did with TS2 without thinking it through and adding all the cool features first.
  • maddystar007maddystar007 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to see a pets expansion. I miss breeding dogs....

mysig_584304869.jpg
  • MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'll list them to make it easier. I can only think of 9 EP ideas at the moment.

1) Weather. With this there could also be a new alps location to vacation in.
    2) Pets/Farm Animals. If you have weather you'll have to keep the animals inside.
    4) Business. You can have hotels, breeding, and seasonal nick-nack businesses if those EPs are owned.
    5) Fame. You could be famous for owning big businesses, have pet starts, being an adventurer and other stuff that's in other EPs
    6) Magic. I would only like this if you had to hide your magic from other people and there was a seperate magical world that you had to go to to practice magic. You could practice magic on other things in EPs, like animals, changing weather etc.
    7) Nightlife. Only if the dating option isn't brought into other EPs.
    8 ) University. Only if it's not as long. I hated how long everything took in that EP.
    9) Apartments if they're not added in other EPs. I would think they would combine that with either nightlife or University.

I think it's pretty obvious that I want more interaction between the EPs too.
  • SimGirl984SimGirl984 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I totally want seasons!
  • Andrews76Andrews76 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The World Adventures EP doesn't come yet and we are going to say what do you want the next EP to be? :? Okay,i think the next EP will be university,it is not my favourite...i don't have favourite EP,i think all EPs are good!So i want something like university or like apartment life...I don't want them to be the same like Sims 2 EPs!I want them to have many special things and many different things than the Sims 2 EPs!I think University and apartment life will be good if they will in 1 EP!I have sure nicer ideas than this! :mrgreen:If these EPs will be with(i don't think so)i want them to have many different things than the Sims 2 EPs too...If they make other EPs than these i haven't any problem too...These are my opinions!

Happy Simming! :D
  • ChristinaxColorChristinaxColor Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Though I think a lot of great ideas have been thrown out here, I agree with SimSmerf that S3 is more realistic than S2. Magic would be tons of fun, but I'm not sure about everybody else here, but I want a more realistic world. Time travel would be fun too, but I also feel it would alter the game too much and make a whole separate game (new game idea perhaps?). I strongly support weather and a bit of vacation time for kids in summer, but how would they manage to make A's in school and choose their new trait with no school at all? 2 days right before the weekend may be appropriate (thus creating a 4 day weekend). I am less open to the farm idea (not meaning to bash anyone here, sorry if you disagree :? ) I like a few of the farming ideas, but the animals may be difficult to animate, they may also look very blocky or messed up. I do support pets though, and I feel cats, dogs and maybe a few other animals would be cool. I like the business and fame ideas to a degree. I never really liked OFB but it would surely add a degree of reality to S3. Fame would be pretty sweet, but I don't fully support the pet star idea, it would be kinda cool, but I never really liked that idea. Nightlife would be cool and I think something like that will be added, but to some degree they already HAVE added it, you can go out on the town in cars already. Sure, they could add some community lots and furniture but I may not want to pay $40 for that. I do like the further education one alot, but the programs would have to be short for a sim to complete them in their lifetime. A condensed version of college would be lotsa fun. Apartments would also be a cool addition. I'm on the fence about being able to see inside the buildings, it would be cool, but I feel it would be slightly boring, especially on low level jobs like rabid fan, just jumping around on the stands for several hours would drive me to insanity. Anyway, we can direct what they do at work (to a degree) anyway. Peace out.
  • SalMaickiSalMaicki Posts: 194 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the above poster. I enjoy small doses of Magic, but a whole EP based on it seems kind of ridiculous. I want all of the EPs from TS2 back, since I liked each one of them for their own special purposes, but I think I want to see Nightlife, Pets, or Seasons come next.
  • Pigo227Pigo227 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There was an earlier comment on how Sunset Valley is DEAD after 10:00. It's ridiculous! A lot of my sims don't sleep because I want them doing things at night. NIGHTLIFE REMAKE!!!NIGHTLIFE REMAKE!!!NIGHTLIFE REMAKE!!!NIGHTLIFE REMAKE!!!
    There is no good place for Young Adults to meet people. I feel like my entire town is populated by elders! I need a place where my young adults can make friends and relationships! I'm sick of making NEW young adults who have no skills, no career, and no past life. By the time they have built up a life, My original people will be Adults!
    I miss the nightclubs and the nice resturants. THESE PLACES CAN NOT BE RABBIT HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anybody agree with these ideas!
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd like more to do in the town so a something like Nightlife or Open for Business would be my preferance for the next.

I'd be happy with most ideas though (apart from magic - I'm just not that keen on the idea, but I know loads of people loved makin' magic so I'm sure EA will re-make it at some point)
  • craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2009
    I would like to see seasons come back. Now with the open neighborhood it would be so much more fun. Just think your sim could go into town and the whole community could get involved in a snowball fight or build snow men. In summer with the world adventures expansion there could be family vacations while the kids are off from school for the summer. Also it would be cool with every season change if are sims were actually aware of the cooler/warmer weather comming like if it were to hot they would fan themselves to cool off or maybe autonomously go for a dip in the community pool. Id also like to see a nightlife like ep as i really liked the idea od having my sims go clubbing,maybe eat outside at the bistro in the summer. It is so boring having every single day be summery and warm all the time.