Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

1585960616264...Next

Comments

• Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2012
    How do you fix the "Eff, I hate my kid" glitch. Its when, during the daycare profession, a parent does not arrive to pick up there tot and they stay overnight. the next daycare work day, the kids needs don't show up. Is there any solution to this WITHOUT deleting the Sim?
  • ssg800ssg800 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    WELL while i dont usually respond to these things just read em, I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT GENERATIONS. yes yes YES. t'is true. I have late night and generations, AND WITH GENERATIONS I WAS PROMISED THAT A REBELLIOUS TEEN CUD GET A TATTOO IF THEY SO DESIRED. i click on dayspa in bridgeport, and NO DARN TATTOO OPTION EVER APPEARS AND I MEAN EVER. ALL I WANTED WAS A TATTOO ON MY STUPID TEEN AND HERE I AM BEING LIED TO. I WAITED FOR 10 MINUTES TO TALK ON CHAT FOR HELP EVEN THO IT SAID WAIT TIME WAS 3 MINUTES. THEN THEY ASK FOR MY NAME WHIHC IS REALLY FREAKY AND NOW THEY SAY THAT THEY CANT HELP ME EVEN THO THE TOPIC I SELECTED WAS "GAMEPLAY" SO THAT LED ME HERE. NOW I'M ANOTHER PATHETIC SAVAGE LIKE THE REST OF U. so please help me! ;D

SAMIRA WILSON
    (not my real name)
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited August 2012
    i have a bug to report....

no mods/store content/or 3rd party content....

the chemistry set....

each time they use it...it creates a new career outfit for them....shes got 7 now...

yes i can go in through the dresser and delete them....but thats a pain in the ****...
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited August 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:

the chemistry set....

each time they use it...it creates a new career outfit for them....shes got 7 now...

yes i can go in through the dresser and delete them....but thats a pain in the ****...
    Oh yes, especially nice when this causes the real career outfits to disappear. My magician suddenly wore his graduation robes when performing, because these end up in career, too, while his actual career outfit was completely gone.
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited August 2012
    Snapdragon wrote:
    Jenieusa wrote:

the chemistry set....

Oh yes, especially nice when this causes the real career outfits to disappear. My magician suddenly wore his graduation robes when performing, because these end up in career, too, while his actual career outfit was completely gone.

Well if you have them use it...several times a days....it gets filled up fast....so much for only 3 choices per outfit...lmao
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited August 2012
    I just bought this pack yesterday. It worked fine yesterday and I played it a couple times. But I went to play it now and it freezes. You know how it'll let you skip the intro video? Well, it won't let me do that now. And it won't finish it. It just goes to a black screen. I've tried three times. Each time, I have to force my computer off for it to work. :( What's going on? I have almost all the expansion packs and it's worked fine up until now.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • ANGELA_5ANGELA_5 Posts: 96 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi

I just got this game and I am having problems.

1. I didn't get wedding gifts but I had thank you notes to write
    2. One of the kids didn't get an imaginary friend.
    3. When I moved everything reset including careers.

Please help!!!!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    I keep getting this error: Exception raised: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000007 at address 0x00b7446b. Do you wish to debug it?". First off, how do you debug something on a Mac? Secondly, what's going on? It was working fine with the whole family I had. I had started a new family and now it won't work. :( So frustrating!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Akinc3958Akinc3958 Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2012
    um i was wondering if any body has heard if theres been a fix yet for no wedding gifts after marriage aparently it started happining when the new update came out with showtime
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2012
    first time playing with an imaginary friend for me and they seem to be really glitchy for me so gonna post here

1) potion to make them real seems to glitch badly had trouble getting it and after trying the quest 10 times i just learned chemistry to make it

2) when my girl sim wonnit to start dating her imaginary friend doll (after making him reall) she first had to "break things of" with her mother X.x lol (i'm not sure what was going on between mommy and daughter though XD but i don't wonna know lol)
  • LaTashy12345LaTashy12345 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    There is a few bugs or glitches going on in my game!

-Alchemy Station
    -Daycare Profession
    -Cooking

I've been reading all the forum post and I really didn't know where to post this up at, but one of my sim has the Alchemist career and when I tell her to go mix a potion it quickly disappears and I've taken out everything out of inventory and even the other household members can't use it either.

Daycare profession isn't working right either I've quit the profession and got the job back and then I moved still nothing is working.

Cooking when I tell my sim to cook they can only cook four things waffles, Salad, tofu dogs, and hot dogs.

I had mods installed in the game but I took them all out and nothing my next step is re-downloading and see if that works any ideas on what I can do to fix this before I take it off?????
  • creativity_rulezcreativity_rulez Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2013
    There are quite a number of glitches in my game too, for quite a while now. I'm absolutely sure it's Generations, and here's why:

- Items. I cannot buy any items that came with Generations to be placed into my game. Alchemy Stations and Potions, Treehouses, Strollers, Loft Beds and Bunk Beds, Costumes in Costume chests, Toys, Paintings that came with Generations, Slip n'slides, Spiral staircases, See-saws, video cameras, even clothing. Nothing from Generations works in game.
    - Wishes in relation with Generation items. Sometimes my sims would have a wish to get a treehouse or a stroller, and the picture for the stroller or treehouse won't even load. If I accept the wish, there would be a 'blank' space instead of a soon to-be-fulfilled wish.
    - Teenagers cannot learn to drive
    - Teenagers cannot graduate from school
    - Imaginary Friend doll never gets sent to the mailbox

I know that this problem is Generations-specific because I have bought and installed Pets, Showtime and Seasons. All the content in the later EPs work perfectly fine on my Mac, so I think that Generations is the problem. I don't have access to my base game, and don't want to go through the hassle to uninstall and reinstall everything on my Mac. Is there a way to fix this problem?
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited February 2013
    1. When sims get grounded they get the "don't think your going anywhere" message but later in the day they they get grounded for "skipping school".
    2. When I get the wish pillow fight with a sim I cancell it but it keep reappearing
    3. In daycare parents never came and pick their kids up in one of my games they never showed up
  • buckwilde1buckwilde1 Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I have a bug to report. I installed the 1.5 patch and Generations. Now the option to travel has been removed from my phone. I can use the computer to travel, but the game becomes unresponsive when it switches to say..the France screen. I have to use the Task manager to exit the game.
  • mintellen10mintellen10 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi - im having a bug with generations. My child is trying to have a tea party with her imaginary friend but it says that i dont have a fridge on the lot even though i do :( do you know how to fix it?
  • sims8sims8 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    please check out my first the sims 3 series on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_caZOwNpI
  • LizardGreenwoodLizardGreenwood Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Salanti wrote:
    Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, But when I added Generations I had the main family, Mother Father had kids, and one of their kids had a kids. Leaving with the Grandchildren. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/413878.page

This was my post on what happened.

tumblr_lp0fzfVj5S1qzmmd5o1_500.png
    tumblr_lp0sqcKw301qzmmd5o1_400.png

Basically the Grandmother asked the Grandson to Prom, they went and she rounded up being his girlfriend, even though he already had one. (meaning he had two girlfriends)

The only way I could fix this was to make him break up with his first girlfriend. Made another sim, and asked him to break up with his Grandmother.

Granted I figured this out, but I hope there can be a fix to prevent grandmothers from asking out their grandkids.

Also, my game is freezing now and then since I've installed Generations as well.
    i know they will have children
  • MrsBloodMrsBlood Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    The thing is that the walking canes dont't have any ineractions except 'Give gift'. When I noticed it, I ran my game with no CC, it didn't help. I even reinstalled my game - nothing helped. I have the latest version available. Has someone faced the same problem?
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm having trouble with the IF. After it appeared it teleported my Sims' baby out into the snow. I found something saying it was due to IF in inventory, so I took it out and baby stayed in crib.

Now the baby is a toddler and can't interact with the IF doll at all. I can click on it and options appear, but the toddler gets a pathing thought bubble and the action is immediately cancelled. I put it back into the toddler's inventory, just to see what would happen -> zing! -> the toddler went right back out into the snow.

The family is all vampire, and I'm curious if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'm using Overwatch, Error Trap, Master Controller (all current) and no CC. The only other weird issue I'm having in game is that they live in a basement, and sometimes the game seems confused about what level is what, i.e., I'll zoom in on a Sim and it will be a level off. I can't help but wonder if the IF is registering as being on a different basement level and since the toddler can't use stairs and can't find a path, the action gets cancelled.

I also did try resetting it in cheats and that didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Well, somehow this has worked itself out. I had a parent Sim pick up the IF just to see if he could, then he put it down. Sometime later, I put it back in the toddlers inventory and tried playing with it and everything worked. No clue what happened.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HazybabsHazybabs Posts: 3 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi, I'm having trouble with my female sim. She has just aged up from being a young adult to an adult, and has 21 days before becoming an elder. However, she keeps trying to age up, I haven't bought a birthday cake and as you can see it's nowhere near her birthday yet. When it happened I quit without saving and went back on to where I had last saved, but she just did the same again. She's now tried it the last 3 times I have been on. Is there anything I can do? I went on to the settings to look at the aging sliders, but it wouldn't let me alter them at all. Please help I don't want her to be an elder just yet, her youngest child is still a toddler.
  • shuwen123456789shuwen123456789 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Um.. Can someone answer me if u know the answer? So my toddler was playing with her imaginary friend but I didn't saw her imaginary friend in the relationships panel! And there's is still a gaining relationships symbol when she plays with it as she grew up! Please answer me!
  • Emiliouna1Emiliouna1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everyone.. I got a serious issue with my sims and boarding schools... I'm able to send them but they never come back.... the only way to retrieve them is by canceling their stay in the boarding school.... Can someone please help??? :(
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Emiliouna1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. I got a serious issue with my sims and boarding schools... I'm able to send them but they never come back.... the only way to retrieve them is by canceling their stay in the boarding school.... Can someone please help??? :(

They stay there utnil they grow up, are they at the end of their age span?
  • CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Hello. I don't know if this is really a bug or is that Benny's Tennies decor missing from Buy Mode? I can't find it anywhere in the Kids->Misc and All Miscellanious tab. However, I downloaded a world and one of the lots came with that. I know it is tagged as Generations object because I used the eyedropper tool on it to check though it brings me to the Kids->Misc tab but I still can't it.
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2015
    I read your post not too long after you posted it and thought nothing of it until now. I checked my game, and those tennis shoes aren't in mine either. I even checked the Generations collection folder. I have no idea when they "disappeared". Probably a patch did that. If so, don't know which since I've actually never put Benny's Tennies in any house.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top