Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

roads turn weird brown color in EIG??

I was just editing my Southwest world and noticed my roads were the weird flat brown color that I've read some people have had trouble with in other textures, but my roads?? Has anyone sucessfully fixed the brown uck? :cry:

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2012
    I had this issue once... but it went back to normal after about an hour of building :?
  • Options
    Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited July 2012
    Your roads? ... weird. I've had that happen in areas where there may be 3 or more textures layered... but never had it done to a road. :?:
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi Sneak :)

I had it happen to almost all my Textures in Rinn Fada a while ago - roads and just terrain paints. It was going on for weeks. I really didn't know how to fix it, it seemed unfixable (despite help and everything) until I just replaced all textures with other textures, saved, opened the world up again and replaced every texture with the original. I think it occured when I was messing with those ini files, but when I took them out the textures were still all funny and stuff. At least I got it fixed.

Hope you get yours sorted out :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've had it happen to a road in an older file... and it was fixed quickly by opening the road and redoing/selecting all the textures for the road. :)
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh, and I'll just add that I had to replace the textures multiple times to get the textures working again. :)
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2012
    Luckily, I was able to open my latest backup and it was fine. The only thing I'd done is try to paint under the road to disguise the break between the dirt sidewalk and the road, but instead of deleting the texture until I found the correct one, I was editing it. If I recall, I'd had that happen before, so no more editing, I will just delete and add a new texture :roll:.
  • Options
    gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited July 2012
    This is actually easily fixed with s3pe, no matter what textures that turns to that icky brown colour.

There are instructions on how to do it here: http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-92.html