Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Question: Weird look with rendering in CAW...

Okay it has been a few months to nearly over a year since I've messed with CAW. Same computer, nothing different... the program used to run perfectly fine and with great graphics. But now, after I have saved a world a couple of times, the edges get really distorted when looking at them from far off...

I never had this occur when I used to play, and it only happens after I've saved the game 5 - 6 times, there is no distortion when the world is brand new... it looks like this in EIG too. But when I play the actual, Sims 3 game, there is none of this.

Is there some way to fix this that anyone knows of? It very well may be my computer, I don't know its stats off hand (my roomie build it for me) but could find out. It is just incredibly annoying, I can't edit with it all weird looking, and it only goes away if I zoom in reaaaaaaally close.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

*Note that where it's funky looking, I have smoothed the edges there. Where the edges that meet are flat and vertical, you can still see them without being all distorted. Weird. :?

2wp6xb8.png

1z1xk45.png

Comments

• haroldcurryharoldcurry Posts: 189
    edited July 2012
    Have a look at this website, not sure if it is any good, I just Googled a download link on another site other than this.

http://games.brothersoft.com/the-sims-3-create-a-world-tool.html
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2012
    I just tried it, and it works.

Be sure to click the little box at the bottom that says you agree to the EULA.
  • Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited July 2012
    Harold: Thanks! I didn't mean to make you go out of your way to find something... I'm just unsure of which downloads work, and which don't. Was more-so hoping to find out a sure fire download option that would def work, but I'll try yours out since you went through the effort! Appreciated!

*Update: That download didn't work :( . It let me install the program, but when I click to open it, it simply shows the starting load-up box for CAW then disappears. Thanks though!

Docsprock: So it's something with my browser then I'm assuming if yours works. I've had to redownload it multiple times, so I know I have to be logged in, have the EULA box checked and everything. It's just been several months, if not over a year, since I've messed with CAW what with college and work consuming my life. Hopefully something will work! Big fan of your worlds by the way! :D

*Update #2: Thought I would try to download it from the Sims 3 web site one final time and it decided to work and let me install. Hopefully this works! Haha, thanks guys!

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi :)

Usually changing browsers will work and/or making sure you're signed in the right Country/Language to where you live.

Good luck. :mrgreen:
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    Thanks you guys! I got it working again! Very appreciated! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2012
    I posted a new question in the Original Post! So needed to *bump* to the first page to see if anyone can help! - Thanks!