Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleasantview, Strangetown, Riverblossom Hills, and much more! ....

12345679...Next

Comments

• trold123trold123 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2012
    TRachet wrote:
    okido1987 wrote:
    Okay so I rechecked the original world file and it includes:
    Wave Tall Cupboard and WaveWallMirrorLong by Annej from simsmusthave.blogspot.com

BuffyASummer Bathroom splish-splash teethbrush01 and BuffyASummerBedroomMira_Vanity by Buffy Summer (BuffSum) @ TSR

Future Artistic Version Escape by Canelline

StoltBathroomTowelHanging by Lisa @ TSR

Awesims Fridge Surround

TrustTime Modern Bedroom Lamp by Ricci Numbers @ TSR

Ruff Toilet Roll from simline-design.com

Awesims Modern Credenza

Awesims Tall Kitchen Cabinet

BarnaVases by Flovv @ TSR

Hope this helps, you might want to check your file yourself with custard (sims3pack cleaner)

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. Now, does the sims3pack cleaner take all of that out of my world?

With sims3pack cleaner - also known as CUSTARD (found on the MTS and made by Delphy) - you can remove package and sims3pack files that are included in an exported sims3pack file. You can use the sims3pack cleaner to make sure that you did remove all cc before you upload. You can use it to remove the cc you forgot to remove before uploading, but you are only removing them from the exported file. In your case however the files should be removed from the world before exporting for sharing. Otherwise the files will still be in the world you are exporting for sharing from and they will keep being included in your exports.
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited July 2012
    tumblr_m7n7bx2FA31qzmmd5o1_250.png

Actually I found what you were talking about.
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2012
    trold123 wrote:
    TRachet wrote:
    okido1987 wrote:
    Okay so I rechecked the original world file and it includes:
    Wave Tall Cupboard and WaveWallMirrorLong by Annej from simsmusthave.blogspot.com

BuffyASummer Bathroom splish-splash teethbrush01 and BuffyASummerBedroomMira_Vanity by Buffy Summer (BuffSum) @ TSR

Future Artistic Version Escape by Canelline

StoltBathroomTowelHanging by Lisa @ TSR

Awesims Fridge Surround

TrustTime Modern Bedroom Lamp by Ricci Numbers @ TSR

Ruff Toilet Roll from simline-design.com

Awesims Modern Credenza

Awesims Tall Kitchen Cabinet

BarnaVases by Flovv @ TSR

Hope this helps, you might want to check your file yourself with custard (sims3pack cleaner)

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. Now, does the sims3pack cleaner take all of that out of my world?

With sims3pack cleaner - also known as CUSTARD (found on the MTS and made by Delphy) - you can remove package and sims3pack files that are included in an exported sims3pack file. You can use the sims3pack cleaner to make sure that you did remove all cc before you upload. You can use it to remove the cc you forgot to remove before uploading, but you are only removing them from the exported file. In your case however the files should be removed from the world before exporting for sharing. Otherwise the files will still be in the world you are exporting for sharing from and they will keep being included in your exports.

Thank you, I will def be using this!

Salanti, Thats exactly whats going on. I'm terribly sorry..
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited July 2012
    It's absolutely fine. It would be hard to come out with something this big and not have a few errors here and there.

So far from what I've seen of the world and played with it, I absolutely love it. Regardless, I still thank you for taking the time to create it. I can wait till there is a fix for the saving issue. But I would understand if you wanted a small break from this world as well.
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yeah with the sims3pack cleaner (Custard) by Delphy @MTS you could check any file you download or upload for CC and badCC. It will say corrupted with files inside the sims3pack if their no good.
    The files in your world file where not corrupted so it's not that bad, but checking files especially from the exchange can be necessary because some files tend to piggyback with other files.
    edited July 2012
    First I too think you have done a great job. :thumbup: It is a world that I for one will play when the save-issue has been solved.

Did you make a new export and uploaded it after removing the Lucky Palms objects and lot(s)?

If so I will download again to see if that help on my system.

If you have a version with only empty lots please upload that as well. Why? Because if I can use a save I made of the empty version the problem is not CAW nor has it anything to do with the missing Diesel and Katy Perry expansion on my system. Being sure of that I can help you - that is if you are interessed - locate the issues by transfering lots one by one from the not empty world version to the empty world version.

• SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2012
    TRachet wrote:
    TRachet wrote:
    Man this stinks I tried to download it from drop box and keep getting an error :cry: I was so ready for this just my luck can't download it :( Guess I'll have to wait.. Off to Lucky Palms I go.

What are you doing? Like, are you doing Save As or regular download? I feel awful and I'm trying to fix it ASAP.. At least Lucky Palms is AMAZING. :wink:

I'm getting the XML can not be displayed when following the link :(

Thats strange. So you can't even go to Save As? Ugh... This world is a nightmare! :cry:

Nah no worries my friend but when following the link I get this The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/93326200/Union Island! Ple...

Hope you get it figured out but take your time it will all work out in the end :mrgreen:

justlurking.gif
    edited July 2012
    Sorry everyone, I'm becoming limited to computer use to nights only- schools starting again :cry:

I am currently downloading custard as we speak.

Once done downloading, I am going to run the world without Lucky Palms content in it.

Then I'll test it real quick and tell you guys how it went.

EDIT...

I tried CUSTARD.

There was a red boardered file thing and a yellow one..

Not too sure but I got rid of CC.

Then, I used save as to export. Went to my documents and tried exporting it.. It came up on the launcher as a box, nothing else. No name, no picture, just a file size.

I updated the dropbox link with it, but it doesnt even work with me.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2012
    The actual file of the world is the top-line and I believe custom world files always show up as red. The pinkish line is probably a thumbnail of the world.

edited July 2012
    TRachet wrote:
    Sorry everyone, I'm becoming limited to computer use to nights only- schools starting again :cry:

I am currently downloading custard as we speak.

Once done downloading, I am going to run the world without Lucky Palms content in it.

Then I'll test it real quick and tell you guys how it went.

EDIT...

I tried CUSTARD.

There was a red boardered file thing and a yellow one..

Not too sure but I got rid of CC.

Then, I used save as to export. Went to my documents and tried exporting it.. It came up on the launcher as a box, nothing else. No name, no picture, just a file size.

I updated the dropbox link with it, but it doesnt even work with me.

Any ideas?

Make an export of your world. Make a copy the exported file (sims3pack). Open the copy with CUSTARD. The first line should be a sims3pack file. That line is your main file. Do not make any changes to that line. CUSTARD mostly shows worlds as red. Do not pay attention to that. After that line you will see some lines with thumbnails. Do not pay attention to them. Instead click the "Uncheck all Images" bottom. It is the files listed after the thumbnails you should pay attention to as they are the cc's.
    As you do not want any cc's at all the color of the cc lines are not relevant. Just remove the checkmark for each line. When you have done that, you just choose save and exit the program. No save as. No export as. Just save and exit.

Remember that this has not removed anything from the world. This only makes sure that users who do not have the cc you have used do not get it from you. As long as you have CC objects/lots or STORE objects/lots in the world when you export, the exported world will know that. If you have used cc in your world but upload the world without CC, your world file will tell the users system that CC files are missing. That is if the user do not have these files already. The users system will now replace these if possible.
    Expansions can (read as a rule) not be replaced. Expansions creates "must have links" in the exported file. Many "must have" expansions are not included as "cc files" in an export. Some of the "must have" expansions that do get included are corrupted when installed by the user.
  • asdfghjklkjhgfdsasdfghjklkjhgfds Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Where can I download this world? I have been working on a project that contains all types of community lots up until Showtime and all the Sims that have come with the game and EPs but I'm taking a break after about 3 weeks of work on it. Your idea is great and I would like to play this world!
    edited July 2012
    I downloaded the new upload and as you I can not use it. The launcher do not let me install it.

I found the previous version you uploaded. Then I open it in CUSTARD and removed the cc and saved. I then put it in the download folder. Next I open the launcher. The launcher did not let me install it. The launcher do not recon it.

I went to MTS and as far as I can tell there has been some issues with CUSTARD that has been talked about on the forum. I did not look into the matters as I only use CUSTARD on lots I have downloaded, and so far I have had no issues with that. Removing objects included in an exported lot can cause issues but as far as I know that only happens if the objects are "must have" files that can not be replaced by the users own system.

Now knowing that the launcher do not recon a world sims3pack that has been clean-saved with CUSTARD and given the fact that removing objects with CUSTARD do not remove anything at all from your world, I strongly suggest that you remove what needs to be removed in the world and only use CUSTARD to check that no cc has been included in the export. If cc has been included CUSTARD gives you the info you need to go back in the world and remove these.

I cross my fingers that the save issue will be solved once The Store (incl. The Lucky Palms) and Limited edition and CC objects has been removed from your world.

I do find it strange that you have the save issue yourself. Are you still having the save issue your self? If so are you having the issue on the PC you made the world on? Did you build your lots on the same PC you made the world on? I am asking because as far as I have understood you have two, so I wonder if you have the save issue on both? I also wonder if you used them both for making the world? If you have used both, are you sure that you have "the same system" on both?

edited July 2012
    Sorry I havent been updating lately. It's a bit hectic here.

I tried numerous experiments to the world to see if it works. No luck so far. Thank you everyone for trying to help me on this issue.

Its so hard not to give up. It's just so complicated..

Good news though- I wanted to make a seperate world of each one eventually. So I guess thats something to look forward to.

I'm still open minded about this world. I cant give up now! :wink:

EDIT>

TSTT assigned a few of us to do some work on a request forum about worlds. Of course, I'm the main connection between you guys and TSTT. but, whatever. lol :lol: Link is on the first post.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2012
    TRachet wrote:

I tried numerous experiments to the world to see if it works. No luck so far. Thank you everyone for trying to help me on this issue.

Good news though- I wanted to make a seperate world of each one eventually. So I guess thats something to look forward to.

EDIT>

TSTT assigned a few of us to do some work on a request forum about worlds. Of course, I'm the main connection between you guys and TSTT. but, whatever. lol :lol: Link is on the first post.

I'm glad you are still open minded about this world, cause I really think it deservs to be released.

If you could make a copy of the world with only empty lots and upload it, I for one will download it and let you know if that solve the save issue in my end. I have two computers and can test if it works on both. If I can save and use the save on both, the world with empty lots is fine.
    I understand if you want your world to be released with buildings, but I want you to know that the concept and the world are :thumbup: even without the buildings and with the save issue in mind it will be a big step forward that you have every reason to be proud of if your world with only empty lots have no save issue. You need to know for sure that your world with only empty lots have no save issue, cause trying to locate the issue without knowing that is taking a shortcut that could be a total waste of time.
    To locate the issue in the one with buildings may not be possible due to the fact that it already has the issue. But if you have the world with only empty lots and are sure that it does not have the save issue, it will not be a problem to locate the issue besides the time it takes to transfer and test each lot with buildings in the world with the empty lots. Knowing you do not have a ton of time my offer to do so still stands. I think it is worth trying, but it is up to you.
    edited July 2012
    trold123 wrote:
    TRachet wrote:

EDIT>

I'm glad you are still open minded about this world, cause I really think it deservs to be released.

If you could make a copy of the world with only empty lots and upload it, I for one will download it and let you know if that solve the save issue in my end. I have two computers and can test if it works on both. If I can save and use the save on both, the world with empty lots is fine.
    I understand if you want your world to be released with buildings, but I want you to know that the concept and the world are :thumbup: even without the buildings and with the save issue in mind it will be a big step forward that you have every reason to be proud of if your world with only empty lots have no save issue. You need to know for sure that your world with only empty lots have no save issue, cause trying to locate the issue without knowing that is taking a shortcut that could be a total waste of time.
    To locate the issue in the one with buildings may not be possible due to the fact that it already has the issue. But if you have the world with only empty lots and are sure that it does not have the save issue, it will not be a problem to locate the issue besides the time it takes to transfer and test each lot with buildings in the world with the empty lots. Knowing you do not have a ton of time my offer to do so still stands. I think it is worth trying, but it is up to you.

Sounds good to me. I'll start on the empty copy when I can. I have some afternoons to work on it. Thanks for this, you are being a great help and I greatly appreciate it. :)
    edited August 2012
    You are wellcome.

Best wishes from
    Dorthe
  • LoveLife0v0LoveLife0v0 Posts: 1,210
    edited August 2012
    Any word on the world?(:
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hey TRachet, I absolutely love this world! I miss all the neighbourhoods from TS2 and really can't wait to you manage to upload this to the exchange! :D

Also love your work over in the Seasons forum also look forward to seeing that world in completion!

Keep up the great work!
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • LizabethRose415LizabethRose415 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Alright, first, let me say I am in love with this world. I just have a problem. :\
    I've downloaded it TWICE. It downloads. Perfect. Its placed in the Installed Worlds folder. I double-click to install it and the launcher pops up but doesnt do anything. (It's not showing up in the "Downloads" tab on the launcher either so I cant manually hit install.)
    Is this a known issue? Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening or how to fix it??
  • debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Is the World being scrapped? I hate to see all the hard work be for nothing....but if the World can't be played...I think I have given up on it.

Too bad.
  • alex6198alex6198 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    where/when can I download the town?
  • LoveLife0v0LoveLife0v0 Posts: 1,210
    edited September 2012
    BUMP(:
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone know if TRachet has managed to upload it on the exchange yet?
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
    edited October 2012
    Hi all!

I know you guys probably don't check this anymore, but I wanted to let the word out that I'm on a different WIP.

BUT, after that I plan on another attempt on this project. I think ir would be awesome, and I know what to do and what not to do with the last attempt.

BTW, I will probably not include Twikkii Island, but may include a beachy area in the downtown.

HECK. I'm going to start today to get some ideas. I'm going to make another forum, so I'll post the link on here.

(Even though no-one will see this lol)
    edited October 2012