Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
Hi all i was just wandering if you think sims 2 is better than sims 3 as i just uninstalled all my sims 3 games to install sims 2 games :)

Comments

• dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited July 2012
    NO :D
    2rxu2ph.png
  • ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited July 2012
    I think so. It might not be better in terms of graphics and the build mode features, but there are so many things that I feel The Sims 3 is missing, even with the number of fluff expansions that they keep putting out. I like The Sims 3, but to me, The Sims 3 doesn't even belong in the same category as The Sims and Sims 2. I'm just glad that The Sims 3 is almost over. Maybe EA will redeem themselves with The Sims 4. :D
  • abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited July 2012
    They both are equal in my eyes. They both have their pro and their cons. I don't have a favorite.
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited July 2012
    No
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2012
    There are things I miss about Sims 2, but as far as it being better, for me the answer is no. It took me a while to get use to it, but it was something that I wanted. And that was the whole neighborhood ages while my sims that I'm playing ages. I also love the part where my sim can walk right next door to visit their neighbor, or that they can drive across town to do the same.

Now I'm not crazy about the game deciding who moves out and who stays, I kinda wished that there was a list of families that I could check, no matter what, those families would stay in town. I do have my favorites. Yes, I know there is a mod for that, but I'm going to wait, my computer is giving me fits at the moment.
  • NEWGIRLONBLockNEWGIRLONBLock Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'd have to agree with what someone said above.

The Sims 3 just doesn't belong with the Sims 2 and the original. It doesn't have that same 'heart' or look and feel as the first two.

Yes, the graphics are much better: but when you grew up on the original all the way to now: and just for games in general: Graphics don't out-weigh other things. It's a plus; but I could easily live without it.

In my opinion, I miss the Sims 2. Hell, I even miss the original which I still play form time-to-time! And I'm going back to re-install the Sims 2 once I dig them out of storage. :)

Sims 3 has some major cons and pros about it, and I think in a lot of ways it boils down to how long that person as played too form their opinion. I know a lot of First-game Sims players would like to agree. (Some don't, and that's fine).
  • JasmineD07JasmineD07 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I think that the sims 3 and the sims 2 all have bad things and good things. The sims 2 is pretty slow, and the graphics aren't as good, but the kids had more clothes to start off with and it was less realistic and quite funny. The sims 3 has lots more glitches and bugs in my opinion and barely any clothes to start off with for kids. But it does have excellent graphics and is still and very good game to play. I think I'm the only to think this, but I think that I'd choose sims 3 over sims 2.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'd say they're about the same, both have their ups and downs.

One thing though... Yes, Sims 3 doesn't belong in the same category as The Sims 2 or The Sims... in fact, The Sims 2 doesn't fit in the same category of The Sims. All three games are completely different simulations... how is The Sims 2 any similar to The Sims? The Sims was silly and fun, The Sims 2 was more serious and still fun, The Sims 3 is advanced and fun!

Another thing... I feel like one of the things that made The Sims 2 fun was the loading screens, it gave you time to think of "what will my sims do while they're there?" While the Sims 3 is open neighborhood so you need to plan fast or before-hand. On the other hand in The Sims 3 you don't have to wait that long... so both have their ups and downs.

Overall, I'd actually pick Sims 3 over Sims 2.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2012
    To me it isn't better than sims 3. I can never really stick with sims 2 because I hate how only the household you play ages and I hate having to go through the loading screens to get to different lots. I know the whole sims 2 aging style is something that a lot of people loved and miss in sims 3 but I just find if frustrating because I have zero interest in playing every family on the map or in playing every child my sims have nor do I want to have to start killing sims off or have to sit and watch them stagnate in my town generation after generation. And the loading screens don't take long so it's not really a time issue its just that time stops on your home lot while you are away so sims needs get all out of wack in relation to the time of day and to any other sims in the household who didn't go to the community lot. I like time to keep moving forward. I think it really just depends on how you like to play the game.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2012
    dark5id3 wrote:
    NO :D
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • emilly101emilly101 Posts: 252 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I prefer Sims 2. I play it a lot more than Sims 3. :)
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited July 2012
    For the game-play: I prefer Sims 2.

Creating sims/building houses/graphics: Sims 3.

But the most important to me is the game-play, so for that reason I prefer Sims 2. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't uninstall either one to play the other. I play both when the mood strikes.
    I like the Sims in TS2, TS3 Sims bore me and seem so... bland. \
    I do like letting other Sims I don't care about age and die off- but I miss knowing all the Townies and NPCs and controlling the houses I like. :)

So, no. I wouldn't uninstall either to play the other.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2012
    pringtjoe wrote:
    Hi all i was just wandering if you think sims 2 is better than sims 3 as i just uninstalled all my sims 3 games to install sims 2 games :)

In some areas yes and in others no, overall it depends on the person, but for me I would say that Sims 3 is better. Sims 2 was good for what it was worth when it was still in production, but now that Sims 3 is out and I have experienced the open world and not a boxed in world I find the experience very different. Sims 3 is not perfect and Sims 2 was not eithier. But Sims 3 is still a live project and improvements happen with each EP and SP while Sims 2 you are stuck with what you got. I still have my Sims 2 collection and will hold on to it untill I pass.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know why but the sims 3, reminds me a lot of the sims 1. I don't know why exactly but it just does. As for which is better well.....I feel that the sims 3 is better, it doesn't seem as confining and you don't have to micromanage everything. You can actually leave your sims alone for a few and just focus on one of them if you want. I love how the gameplay is of the sims 3. The open neighborhood and universal aging is a very nice addition.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • CinderpeltCinderpelt Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited July 2012
    DEFO SIMS 3
    GduxPpI.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2012
    I love them both. I love TS3 for the ability to customise everything and I prefer the look of the sims, but I love the charm that TS2 has and the fact that kids are more interesting in TS2.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    There are aspects of both games that I like and dislike. I prefer the way TS2 sims (with CC) act and look and the interactions and such, but I love the open neighborhood and CASt in TS3.
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I love them both. I love TS3 for the ability to customise everything and I prefer the look of the sims, but I love the charm that TS2 has and the fact that kids are more interesting in TS2.
    I totally agree, Zumi! I recently played the sims 2 and I was content but the one thing that I kept missing was the fact that I could move a sim out and they would live their own life instead of just sitting in the bin or house not progressing. The sims 3 suits my play style because I'm a legacy player so I like the fact that I don't have to control other houses for my other sims to have a "life".
  • ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have played Sims 2 a couple times. this was after playing Sims 3. I say if Sims 2 had an OPEN NEIGHBORHOOD, I would definitely play it a whole lot more!
  • BadnessDefinedBadnessDefined Posts: 1,227 New Member
    edited July 2012
    To me TS3 is one million times better than TS2.
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2012
    I prefer Ts3 to Ts2, it's more flexible, though one thing I liked about Ts2 was when we got an exp pack I felt it had more content. You got what you paid for as did everyone else who bought the pack. To me Ts3 exp packs are kinda bare bones when it comes to content, with all the good stuff everyone wants shoved into the store, where those with no available disposable income don't have the means to get it. I'm not complaining, it's just I have all the current exp and stuff packs, but having to shell out $30 for a exp pack (like Showtime for example) and then having to buy extra sim points (for a set like the Circus one, which kinda goes "hand in glove" with a pack like ST) is abit much.

Guess I'm kinda saying Ts2 had more value for its $ price than Ts3 does :?

Dunno if you peeps get what I mean lol
    edited July 2012
    I have played Sims 2 a couple times. this was after playing Sims 3. I say if Sims 2 had an OPEN NEIGHBORHOOD, I would definitely play it a whole lot more!
    Yes, this is all it is missing.
    edited July 2012
    Haiden wrote:
    I prefer Ts3 to Ts2, it's more flexible, though one thing I liked about Ts2 was when we got an exp pack I felt it had more content. You got what you paid for as did everyone else who bought the pack. To me Ts3 exp packs are kinda bare bones when it comes to content, with all the good stuff everyone wants shoved into the store, where those with no available disposable income don't have the means to get it. I'm not complaining, it's just I have all the current exp and stuff packs, but having to shell out $30 for a exp pack (like Showtime for example) and then having to buy extra sim points (for a set like the Circus one, which kinda goes "hand in glove" with a pack like ST) is abit much.

Guess I'm kinda saying Ts2 had more value for its $ price than Ts3 does :?

Dunno if you peeps get what I mean lol
    No, I get it. With Ts2 I never felt ripped off when getting an EP but now...lol well you know the rest:)
  • LordMe331LordMe331 Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2013
    I did The Same thing and i regret it! SIMS 3 ROCKS Infact The Sims 2 SUCKS compared to The Sims 3 (In My Opinion) :P