Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seventh Sanctum New updates The Sims of the world page 4

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
Tech: Requires All expansion
Theme: Fantasy, Futuristic
Completed so far: 80%
Release date: 25/12/2012

Screenshot-20-18.jpg

PREVIEW 2

I've removed the older pictures, due to changes made to the world, since then.

THE STORY SO FAR

This weeks building started very badly, I had a rogue texture that just would not get deleted, when you start your week like that you now it's going to be a bad week, about 10 hours later after stripping down caw, until it was naked and turning my pc upside down, I found the little culprit, so on with the building or so I thought.

I was about to start a one of them jolly good late night building runs, when some nutter decided he wanted to break into my house, luckly my baseball bat and a squad of police cars fixed that problem. So we can say if was not for Caw, I would probable not have front TV just about now.

I spent the rest of the week with chronic toothache, I found away that with a boiling hot tea bag, but we wont go into that.

Did I get any building done this week, I did get some done here are the latest picture of the world:-

Screenshot-93.jpg
The School
Screenshot-17-14.jpg
Consignment store
Screenshot-4-48.jpg
Screenshot-14-22.jpg
Screenshot-16-23.jpg
Screenshot-5-42.jpg
Nightclub
Screenshot-10-29.jpg
Offices and sports
Screenshot-8-34.jpg
Nightclub
Screenshot-6-33.jpg
Screenshot-15-18.jpg
Salon
Screenshot-7-35.jpg
Showtime Park Venue
Screenshot-18-15.jpg
Screenshot-2-63.jpg
Screenshot-3-53.jpg
Winery
Screenshot-13-28.jpg
Vampire Lounge
Screenshot-12-25.jpg
Library
Screenshot-9-34.jpg
Main Twon hall street
Screenshot-11-30.jpg

Comments

• DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow. :) These mountains remind me of uhhhhh... something is in my head I can't remember what the mountain was in. Keep up good work.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi :mrgreen:

Just Awesome. :shock:
  • SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    those rocks must have been really hard to texture
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, as for the textures I will upload a pack with all the textures used in making this world when I've completed the world.

Here a few more updated photo's of the world
    Screenshot-4-47.jpg
    Screenshot-14-21.jpg
    Screenshot-3-52.jpg

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    By "neon city of lights and culture", I thought you meant las vegas, but this is the incredible colour palette of nyan cat's rainbow farts exploded over some spiky terrain and some incredible design that only you can come up with! :shock: I am so excited to see what you're coming out with next, and think it'll be great (has someone made an actual nyan cat in pets yet?) :lol:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 2012
    You're so creative, Stw :D Looks amazing!!
    edited March 2012
    (has someone made an actual nyan cat in pets yet?)

I did find a excellent cat on the exchange that would fit very well into this world, I think they made it for lunar lakes:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5197796

Cheers for your feedback :D
  • HGriffinlovessimsHGriffinlovessims Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2012
    It reminds me of the capitol in the Hunger Games! Looks great...
  • hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's like watching awesome fireworks! :shock:
    edited March 2012
    It's like watching awesome fireworks!

Cheers, I'm trying to add lots of contrast to the world, a mix of light and colour with a dark contrast.
    Capitol in the Hunger Games!
    I've not seen the film yet, but I've had a little look a the virtual tour pics of the capital, it is the type of look I would like, dark and light contrast.

A full update will be ready on the 10th I will show your more of the world and what I've done with the towers and the central island location. I will show this in a lot more depth, but here is the latest picture from the world:-

Screenshot-6-32.jpg
    Screenshot-5-41.jpg
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    This looks so creative and just different!! I love when you guys (World creators) make worlds like these, it gives me a different way to explore the game. Looks awesome! :shock:
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow that is incrediable, love the neon lights the colors a really neat.
  • SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    how did you do the apartments with the glowing windows?
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wooooow! :shock: I'm speechless.
    edited March 2012
    Diancarock- I do play the game myself when I get chance, so I do understand when people say it's a nice way to play the game diffrent, one thing I like to do is use the Architectural designer career on one my first sims so I can explore the designs used in the world and change residential lots to similiar themes.

Evalen- Many thanks

SHadowfiend69- First up, I'm not 100% of your skill level when it comes to building, which I mean with no disrespect, so if your trying to build a skyscaper, I recommend you view steph_444444 fantastic tutorial on how to build the skyscrapers. (I wish I had found this tutorial two weeks ago, it would have made my job a little easyer)
    http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-fake-skyscraper-sims-3-406051/

Next have a little look at this
    This is actual the Vampire Lounge, so I will use this in the example:-
    Screenshot-7-34.jpg
    I used a red glow in this building
    Screenshot-9-33.jpg
    A crucifix shape was placed on the roof
    Screenshot-10-28.jpg
    This is the lot from the inside, this lot works like the Vampire lounge from the main game, you can get elevator upto the nightclub etc
    Screenshot-11-29.jpg
    Ok this is how you do the lights, use the following cheats, moveobjects on and if your do a cummonity lot use RestrictBuildBuyInBuiding off. Next goto the buydebug menu and find the Wall area light (I used 3X3 light in my lot). Then it's a simple job of placement, It can get a little tricky to place correctly, you can see I placed the front two at a diagonal. Just side note when your playing the game you will not see them lights they will be hiddden from view. When you have all the lights placed, if you hold down your ctrl and shift and click on one of the lights you will see a hidden menu pop up, you will a set colour menu and a set intensity menu, you can edit them, until you get a effect you like.
    Screenshot-8-33.jpg

Lizziguin - Many Thanks :mrgreen:

edited March 2012
    I've updated the first page, with 18 new pictures of the world.

edited June 2012
    Screenshot-20-18.jpg

I was on a break :oops: ......

I have started work on this world again, I hope to have it released before the next ep.

So if your looking for a neon city, then this place will be ready soonish.

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2012
    Welcome back, Stw. I hope you enjoyed the break.

What can I say about Seventh Sanctum...your creativity never ceases to amaze me! :shock: :D
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2012
    Another amazing World from you Stw, I have pretty much every world in my game that you created that was released and play them often.I was wondering what happened to your Monster High World, did you finish it or no?
    edited July 2012
    Long time since a update on this world, so here you go:-

Still loads of stuff to complete, but the world is taking shape and I plan a end of August beta release, the full world will be ready to download in september, in time for the new expansion.
    Screenshot-31-5.jpg

The world still need much decoration, I'm currently working on a section at a time.
    Screenshot-27-6.jpg

Screenshot-30-4.jpg

Screenshot-29-5.jpg

Screenshot-28-4.jpg
    I was wondering what happened to your Monster High World, did you finish it or no?
    Two answear the question about the monster high world, the world file got deleted prior to completing the world. I tried to retrieve the files but all atempts failed, that project was put on Ice. :cry:

• Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's too bad it looked lovely, I am sorry to hear that Stw and good luck with this new World your creating.
    edited December 2012
    After very long time of not working on this world, I wonted to put to rest this world and get it finished, so I've been testing the world today inside the game.

Much of the texture of the world have been ironed out and the world pretty much complete, I still have a few small areas to flesh out and some more tweaking but it should be ready for upload soon.

You can see from the new pics, I've updated the world for seasons, the picture are taken from in-game, I'm not currently experiencing any caw problem like others have reported, so work on the world is going pretty good at the moment.

Tech: Requires All expansion
    Theme: Fantasy, Futuristic
    Completed so far: 80%
    Release date: 25/12/2012

Screenshot-10-30.jpg

Screenshot-12-26.jpg

Screenshot-3-54.jpg

Screenshot-4-49.jpg

Screenshot-7-36.jpg

Screenshot-8-35.jpg

Screenshot-5-43.jpg

Screenshot-2-64.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Two preview lots taken from the new world can found be found on my studio:-

VenoPure Nectary

Screenshot-6-34-1.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6703241

Four Season Festival Park

Untitled-29.png

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6694361
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited December 2012
    On a positive note, the delay has meant the world is updated through Seasons! :lol:

Very nice of you to put up a couple of the lots now. Your festival grounds look like a lot of fun.
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Way to think outside of the box! It looks awesome!