Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Items Not Installing Anymore

Comments

• tazmaniac007tazmaniac007 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :twisted:hi, i'm from belgium and i just recieved a new update for my sims3 game. all the items i bought in de store are allready in my downloadmap in de launch. But if i want to install these items into my game, it doesn't work. It says; game cann't be started, initialisation of service has failed (0x065d0274). I don't know what this means. I'm going a little bit crazy over this. I WANT MY NEW STUFF!!!!!can someone please help me with my problem, because i really would like to play this game without any problems. and with my new stuff. I hope you can read everything i'm writing down here.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • xjohnnysxpiratexxjohnnysxpiratex Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    DallasGirl wrote:
    If you are having the problem of not being able to install items listed in you Downloads list from the Sims 3 Launcher (It will show the Sims 3 logo and install bar, but either doesn't progess or just goes away, the item is NOT installed). This absolutely worked for me.

DO THIS:

-REMOVE (CUT & PASTE) YOUR Mods/Packages FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP (or wherever you want).

-OPEN SIMS 3 LAUNCHER AND INSTALL PURCHASED ITEMS!!! (If items are not showing up in your Download list, you might need to review your PURCHASE HISTORY from you Account page at the Sims 3 Store and redownload whatever is not showing in list OR try a different Internet Browser).

-AFTER FINISHED DOWNLOADING PURCHASED ITEMS, CLOSE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER AND THEN REPLACE THE MODS/PACKAGES FOLDER BACK IN THE Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 FOLDER.

-VOILA!! You are ready to play Sims 3 with all your purchased items! Yay!

Hope this helps for whom ever is having the same problem I did - Good Luck!

**Way to go, DallasGirl! This is the fix! For those who don't know where your Mods folder is, go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You'll see the folder in there. It is NOT in My Documents.**
    edited August 2009
    ok I've found the program file, and now i'm going to see if i can take everything into my game. Let you guys know if it works. See ya.

Ok we are still trying to set all my new features on to my game, and it is still not working. I'm getting al little frustrated because it doesn't work. I've put everything into my program file, downloaded everything into the launch, and it cann't start my game. But if i check my list of thumbnails, my computer says it cann't read it, and that i have to do a scan to be able to read these files. Do you think that this has anything to do with it. And if so, where do i have to check to scan these files without putting my computer in danger. I wish someone could help me with this. :lol: :!:
  • CaradavinCaradavin Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I'm running Vista. Went to "run as admin" and there were all my downloads from the store. No exchanges will install tho. The store ones will.
  • jwm4901jwm4901 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    to ponder19--thnx!!! your suggestion worked like a charm!!! :lol:
  • Kimix3Kimix3 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    im trying to install stuff from the exchange and the JCP bundle and it shows up in my downloader but when i hit install it doesnt respond. any ideas?
  • MrLevodevoMrLevodevo Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2009
    Kimix3 wrote:
    im trying to install stuff from the exchange and the JCP bundle and it shows up in my downloader but when i hit install it doesnt respond. any ideas?

My downloader says it's installed, but the JCP items don't show up in the game. Everything else I've downloaded [before the latest patch] has installed and showed up in the game successfully.
    2v3kopz.png
  • HAYCLAEMHAYCLAEM Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thannnnnkyou Ponder19, your advice reallllly helped!! :) x
    edited August 2009
    ok here i am again, i'm still trying to install my downloaded stuff from the store and is still doesn't work. I have set my sims 3 in 'run as admin' and it still doesn't work. Now it does nothing at all. Please can somebody help me???

• heatherionaheatheriona Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ponder019 thank you!!
  • MercuriaMercuria Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ok here i am again, i'm still trying to install my downloaded stuff from the store and is still doesn't work. I have set my sims 3 in 'run as admin' and it still doesn't work. Now it does nothing at all. Please can somebody help me???

I'm having the same problem (downloaded stuff is forever queued, regardless of whether I use "run as admin") I haven't downloaded any patch, either... a bit of a pain, huh?
  • meek595meek595 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ponder019 wrote:
    If you're running Vista, try this:
    Log into the exchange. On the bottom of your browser, does it say "Internet Protected Mode: On"? If so, double click it and change the security settings to "Off" for the site. This wokred for me. :D

To do this:

From the Sims launcher, click on "go to the exhange"

Double click on "Internet Protected Mode: On"

Click on "Trusted Sites"

Click on "Sites"

Under "add this website..." it should say "http://www.thesims3.com". Uncheck the box that says "Require server verification". Click "Add". Recheck the box that says "Require server verification". Click "close"

Move the slider to "low", click "Ok", close the browser

The next time you log onto the Exchange it should say "Internet Protected Mode: Off".

Log onto The Store. Repeat the above steps and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much this works.
  • NewSkylersMomNewSkylersMom Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i can download i downloaded the Full Regal Living Set from the store,but my problem is when i click install it goes all the way to 100% and then it says ogx4cw.jpg

please help whats does this mean i have the newest patch 1.4 and my comp is up to date

UPDATE:Nevermind i re-downloaded it from the store and it installed i dont know why though
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2009
    SophieeSim wrote:
    I've sorted mine out guys!! I had to uninstall my game - as most people were putting the Store/Launcher problems down to the patch. So I removed my game to uninstall the patch - reinstalled it, careful not to reinstall the patch, redownloaded and reinstalled all my Store items and voila! It worked! Then I reinstalled the patch and I was set!

Obviously the only problem with this is - you can't uninstall and reinstall the whole game everytime you want to install something, but it was a temporary fix for me! Could work as a last ditch attempt for some of you.

Full back-up and uninstalling instructions here:
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php...user/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22226

Good luuuuck.

Sophiee, and everyone else having the "items say they install but don't show up in game" problem, I think I found the solution for you for the next time this happens. I was having the same problem, I.E. I could download from the store fine, showed up in Downloads fine, appeared to install fine, but the "installed" icon never showed up, and the items were not in game. Here's what I did to fix it:

Quit the Sims Launcher if it is running.
    Go into your "My Documents" folder, then "Electronic Arts", then "The Sims 3". Look for a folder called "DCCache". Delete everything in that folder, but do not delete the folder itself. (These cache files will recreate themselves.)

Rerun Sims Launcher, and go to downloads. Nothing will have an install icon, so select "All", then select "Install". Everything that didn't install before should now install fine, and will show the installed icon. Everything that already was installed before the problem will be skipped with the message "already installed". Hope this helps!
  • StittleStittle Posts: 925 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I can purchase Store items, but they don't download. I used to be able to, but now it's stopped working.
  • Maddmom0703Maddmom0703 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I too used to be able to buy and download from the STORE. Not any longer. I have paid and points were deducted but no matter what I do the Launcher says there was an error on downloading. It is a giant rip off when you pay EA for items that you don't receive and there isn't even any way to correspond with Electronic Arts! When I did send a message I got back an answer that had nothing to do with the question I asked...just a rote answer. A rip-off!!
  • Princeton09Princeton09 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    :roll: Yes same with me, I recently tried to download the free halloween set and a t-shirt but it keeps sayin: an error has occured while downloading this item. Its ****** me off I want my ****.
  • priceisright218priceisright218 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I clicked add to game on a house. It started loading in the launcher and then it almost seems like it gets stuck. After a while it acts like it is downloading then tells me it failed. I have never had this problem before and i was successful in downloading other houses in the same instance, and installing them in the game. I am compelled to believe that it has something to do with the house. But i don't know how to ask or who to ask. Is there any way to talk to the creator. The house is Wood, Stone, and Luxury by Kloristix! Please Help! I can't stand when something isn't working appropriately. Especially when i don't know why.

Michelle
  • salraysalray Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I had a problem with internet e3xplorer 8, I could download from launcher by nnot from exchange or store. Now gone back to 7, added some points so I can get a set, tried downloading the halloween freebie - it stopped at 'qued for download' qouite omniously! Tested downloading from the launcher - no probs. Sorry, didn't catch your name but re: the house, you can check the house on site and it will have the creator - there will also be other bits of info such as number of downloads...

Going to try again wish me luck! :wink:
  • salraysalray Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2009
    :D IT WORKED!! Both the sets worked!!! :D

I was thinking of contacting that Guru guy... :evil:
  • CathyCatCathyCat Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My items also not downloading anymore!! I have no idea what to do.
  • lagniappelagniappe Posts: 43 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I am suddenly having this same problem. Yesterday I purchased £12 worth of store credits and bought one of the sets, but it won't download. It keeps saying "an error has occurred". I have to say I am incredibly angry. Is this issue going to be resolved?
  • tigerspawicetigerspawice Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm having the same problem since last thur. and I called the Tech (Becky H.) and told her the problem I'm having and about everyone on the forms and she told me they (you guys) don't know what they are talking about and said there is a drop between the store and my connection and wants me to copy all the files in my computer and stuff and send it to them... i asked if there is a drop between your store and my connection then why is it i can download just fine off the exchange??? I think everyone should keep calling them till they do something about it.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have the Sims3 game installed in 2 different computers and while one of the computers can download and install content from The Store the other computer can’t. For some reason the JCP stuff no longer shows up at The Store, tells me the link is broken. And when I do attempt to install items from The Store they don’t install, I get the message that I need the latest update which is crazy because the game is completely up-to-date with the latest patches.

I’m really getting frustrated.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Quote feature not working this morning for me, just gives a bunch of codes on a blank page.

Anyway, Ponder019 Thank you! I tried what you said about the protected sites and changed some security settings and instantly the stuff downloaded and installed into the game as it should have.

Now I’m wondering if the difference is my security software between the two computers since it worked fine in my Vista computer but the problem installing content was on my XP computer which has different security software on it.