Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For ppl with graphic issues after amd 12.4 update. There is a hotfix!

ContentContent Posts: 10 New Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Updated my graphics this morning because I got a message to like always. Started the game and I don't even know how to fix this I'm still half asleep. Happened to a new file as well. :/

Here's a video of what happened to my game.
http://youtu.be/cDicgeGrqsI
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ContentContent Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Ok this is a heads up for people who have the problem I had this morning.

Here's a video of what happened to my game.
    http://youtu.be/cDicgeGrqsI

After several tries of installing the new 12.4 update and failing amd made a fix for this and my game no longer looks like the above video.

Here is the link that I used.
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst124ahotfix.aspx
    And this where I found the above link.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4876967911

And it says it's for:
    ATI Radeon HD 4500 Series
    ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
    ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
    ATI Radeon HD 2900
    ATI Radeon HD 2600
    ATI Radeon HD 2400

Hope this helps a few people. C:
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for this. I've seen a couple threads with that issue. Hope it helps other people.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited May 2012
    The hotfix works for the HD 4200 series as well. Even though they don't say it does, I tried it since I was experiencing the same thing. :D

edit: I have since gone back to a driver from 2010, because the newest driver (even with hotfix) didn't fix the issues with Diablo 3. So if you are playing diablo 3 and having issues with monsters showing up ect, you might want to back track the driver it fixed all my problems.

The hotfix does fix the issues with TS3 however.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited May 2012
    It broke for me after 12.3. This solution might work better if it downloaded in under a day. Will update with confirmation after it finishes, which doesn't look to be any time soon. Seriously, why are they using servers that are behind a 12.8 kbps dial-up?

Okay, well the 12.4a hotfix fixed it. At least that cuts back on the impossible graphical glitches.
  • Monroe62Monroe62 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2012
    What about the radeon 3200 series? I tried downloading the hotfix anyway but it didn't make a difference. Also my rollback button is grayed out. Anyone else have this?
  • XamielXamiel Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, apparently, I am doing something wrong. It doesnt matter what site I try to click the link for the hotfix from, it takes me to a page, then a pop up for a login appears. the pop up is the same kind that you would see if you were logging into a router. No other site does this, just the link for the hotfix.

anyone know what setting may be odd that I can fix to get the hotfix.

Weirder note: My game was running perfectly! Shut down the computer for a week. When I turned it back on...triangle hell. No updates, no changes, just a standard power off like I do everyday, then bamo. Any ideas?

Thanks for any and all assistance folks. its always appreciated.
  • 1murphy11murphy1 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I have the same exact problem as xamiel, when I try to use the link for the hotfix, it brings up some screen requiring a login, I would really appreciate any help, thanks :(
  • JamesWadeJamesWade Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    I too face the same problems when trying to reach the download link for the fix. ?
    Has ATI closed down the server for the fix?

Perhaps running our graphic card software on a past driver would help?
    ATI recommends using v. 12.3 afterall ?

---EDIT---

Currently trying to download a recent version of the driver.
    I´ll give a heads-up and download link if it works.

---EDIT---

Tried out reinstalling an older version of the driver.
    but failed.

Instead i just removed Catalyst Control Center and it´s drivers and returned to my present driver. It worked. And will go for a temporal solution until ATI/AMD will find a solution (or update the drivers)

( Removing Catalyst Control Center and It´s drivers serves as a temporal solution, but games whom demands a driver like 12.4, will not be able to play proberly, however The Sims 3 should be running smoothly )
  • Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited August 2012
    Odd. It wasn't asking for a login before. :shock:

Oh well, I had backed up to a driver from the end of last year anyway, since even with the fix there was still graphical issues with diablo III.

Steps to back up:

Download driver you want to back up to (I choose the one from 12/5/2011)
    Uninstall your current driver
    Restart your computer
    Run the install file
    Restart computer again

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top