Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

something i never noticed about vampire toddlers

i dont play with vampires alot but i made my human sim try for a baby with a vampire so the baby was born a vampire, right now hes a toddler and i saw him playing with a teddy bear and then i hear him making munching noises, i keep watching and i notice that vampire babies bite the neck of stuffed animal XD i find it to be very amusing, as with new supernaturals coming with this ep I just thought id mention the vampire toddlers as they do certain things depending on which occult they are :P

Comments

• michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've never played with a vampire. That is quite interesting. Sounds like I should give it a try :)
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've heard rumors that the vampire magic gnome can bite teddy bears, too!
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited July 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    This is true.
    When this happens, the teddy bear turns into a vampire magic gnome. :-)
    Edit: One more thing...
    tumblr_lxifswnTah1r3u1q8o1_r1_400.gif
  • mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited July 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    This is true.
    When this happens, the teddy bear turns into a vampire magic gnome. :-)
    Edit: One more thing...
    tumblr_lxifswnTah1r3u1q8o1_r1_400.gif

Poor Bear O.o
  • esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've seen them biting but never saw the bear change into a gnome.... O_o
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've seen them biting but never saw the bear change into a gnome.... O_o

Well, they don't technically bite... they appear next to the teddy bear which poofs into a vampire gnome.

I once had a house and decided to do an experiment:
    64 teddy bears
    1 vampire gnome

I believe it took a week for them all to be transformed, that last day was hectic though!
  • esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ah I see. Thanks clubers you are always so good at clearing stuff up. :)
  • Wowful4uWowful4u Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Oooooooh thats interesting i didnt know that about the teddy bear and the vampire gnome XD cool
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2012
    I always give my vampire toddlers the skeleton teddy that came with one of the free Store Halloween Sets. It's so cute watching them learn how to "feed." :twisted:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's so cool! I've had loads of vampire babies, but I never noticed them biting their teddybear.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2012
    Considering I hate toddlers in the game :lol: having a vampire one would mean they live longer :shock: , also I find that if a sim lives for too long it gets boring :lol: I like it better when they are human for everyday playing, but I will play a vampire in other saved games, Supernatural might be the EP to change my game completely, making every one of my sims an occult :mrgreen: I'd love for the town to be completely populated with the occult.

The only way I ever got gnomes was from the washing machines, finding them, fishing, buying them, one time my sim was eating and it appeared infront of her on the table :shock: scared me :lol:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's funny. I haven't played with them either, so I too think I need to give it a go. :shock:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2012
    Considering I hate toddlers in the game :lol: having a vampire one would mean they live longer :shock: , also I find that if a sim lives for too long it gets boring :lol: I like it better when they are human for everyday playing, but I will play a vampire in other saved games, Supernatural might be the EP to change my game completely, making every one of my sims an occult :mrgreen: I'd love for the town to be completely populated with the occult.

The only way I ever got gnomes was from the washing machines, finding them, fishing, buying them, one time my sim was eating and it appeared infront of her on the table :shock: scared me :lol:

Like all life states they only start living longer at the young adult stage.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if vampire toddlers bite their imaginary friend doll too! :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2012

They do! It's the only reason I knew about this.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2012

They do! It's the only reason I knew about this.

Love it! :D
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • MunsMuns Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2012
    I read about it on The Sims wiki awhile back, but didn't see it happen until recently whilst my little brother's Sim's daughter (a vampire) was doing it.

Thought it was kinda cute and creepy. xD
  • enchantress6274enchantress6274 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I may be a smidge behind on this topic, buuuut I had grown some Snugglesworths on my Omni plant and the next day I went to harvest them and the bush was white blocks with an error code something like this: 00000. 0000. 0000.....

I harvested it and the plant is unusable now saying this: "plant being fed: ." I had no Snugglesworths as well.

I had a new magic vampire gnome this day completing a collection totaling five! I had a line of four Snugglesworth bears in my storage basement underneath my basement and when I checked on something there, all but one of them were gone and three of the gnomes were standing in chase-like poses.

I tried to save one of the bears by putting the bears and gnomes in my family inventory and there's no bear there now! :!:

(I wanted to decorate an additional home lot with some colorful bears in a beach-style mansion, thinking I would try to make them look vintage collectables with maybe some other children's toys perhaps.)

One of the bears I couldn't put in inventory because it was "in use" and that was, at the time, obscenely peculiar! If I understand this thread correctly, the gnomes bit and turned all of my bears, huh?

The other thing that my thirsty and lonely gnomes are after is my magic gnome that I assumed was from the garden of incredibly awesome money trees. But, I have been sending gems to be cut and now I have four cuts to choose from and I get back extra smelted metals also.

I want to have all my stuff safe so what is there that I can do to protect my stuff?

• enchantress6274enchantress6274 Posts: 13 New Member
    I posted my last comment so long ago now, but it was distressing to see my Snugglesworth Bears and my Omni Plants be destroyed, I remember that. No one had anything else to add? It was probably an old thread already by the time I found this thread, I doubt that it was new when I asked for help. My garden has the Gnomes in them again, I think I'll cut more Gems but this time, do it myself. I want the Plasma Fruit again, Angela has already planted all the Special Seeds she had found in the Gnome Garden. It's surrounded with a hedge and has a double double-gate entrance and exit. The lot also has a picnic table, a couple of Gnome Head Stones, maybe the Stray Cat or the Lakia Little Dog destroyed them. I put Moodlight Candles in front of them and put candles at the entrance end of it. I was about to make the same mistake again, I'm sure there must be an Omni Plant seed in there. I don't know, though. Angela the Sim is working on Cooking and the Handiness Skill. She also has some Fishing Skill. She learned the bait of the Opportunity Koi she has to catch 4 of for her World Adventures China Relic Hunt. Her Lifetime Wish is the Personal Museum. Jonas is learning Gardening too, he's growing Grapes inside of their Home Lot they share. It's indoors. I had him plant it in an indoor planter, and he cares for it daily himself. He's going to want his own garden soon. He's not ready yet, the Simbot needs a wife. He's working on attracting the perfect mate with exploring and working on his Skills. So far, he's a level 8 Pianist and level 7 Guitarist. He's Virtuoso in his Traits, he plays frequently for long times. He's a level 7 in Fitness and a level 6 in Martial Arts. He recently learned Logic and Cooking. He wants to be a Fire Fighter and save 30 Sims from fire for his Lifetime Happiness Wish. It's been pretty hectic trying to Skill up 2 characters, but I was bored playing Angela alone for so long, I have to do everything just so. I love the Save I have now, the next garden will be close to the Lot that Jonas chooses to build on.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2018
    enchantress6274:

I sell the gnomes as soon as I spot them, just drag them to the inventory 'sell box' on any sim. They sell for around a 1000 simoleans.

Here is a link to a guide on why they appear:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768104024