Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one

I just wondered if there were other simmers who are like me and still have ALL their free sim points to use .

I still have not seen anything in the store that i want to spend the points on .
I am waiting for something that will completely blow me away instead of what they have put in so far , which seems like stuff that wasn't good enough to go in the EP .

Comments

• Options
    not_the_sunnot_the_sun Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :shock: I'm surprised you haven't seen anything you like. I splurged in the store right after I installed the game. I currently have 0 simpoints. Now I wish I had more points so I could buy the hairstyles. The Sims 2 had so many different styles, unlike this game.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have my points, because I know that eventually something interesting that I want will pop up in the store. Until that time, I'm content with what I have. I think a lot of people spent them right away before the excitement of the free points adn the new game wore off.
  • Options
    SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No, I've still got all mine. Personally, I'm waiting to see what the next expansion has in it before I go spending it
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have around half of mine left.
    Spend some now then save the rest for later; that's the way to go.
  • Options
    SheepgoMooSheepgoMoo Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've got 'em all as well.
    There are some things I do like, but I don't /need/ to have so I'm content to wait.
  • Options
    ZipgraphZipgraph Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have a hundred points left. True, there is not that much good stuff, but it's fun, like when your a little kid and your mom gives you some money to go to the store. "How many pennies does that one cost?"
  • Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't spent my points. Nor do I ever plan to. If I did, in my opinion, it would be just as bad as buying points.

I'm not going to support the store at all. I'm boycotting it.

If I did use my free points, to me, it would be like putting only a small effort into boycotting the store.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't spent my points. Nor do I ever plan to. If I did, in my opinion, it would be just as bad as buying points.

If I did use my free points, to me, it would be like putting only a small effort into boycotting the store.

I used up all of my free points.

I don't think I'll be using them when WA comes out.
  • Options
    ZEETHEZEEZEETHEZEE Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have a little of the sim points left because eventually they are gonna get cooler and better stuff and for those of you that are not spending theirs the sim people gave that to us the simmers as a Gift, so stop complaining about how you got ripped off, if u don't want to spend them thats fine DON'T
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have a little of the sim points left because eventually they are gonna get cooler and better stuff and for those of you that are not spending theirs the sim people gave that to us the simmers as a Gift, so stop complaining about how you got ripped off, if u don't want to spend them thats fine DON'T

The preceding message has been a recorded announcement.
  • Options
    kimikokamakimikokama Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have 600 points. I'm usually looking for specific things when I use those points. I check before I play but usually don't see anything worth getting.
  • Options
    LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009

I agree with you. The store is extremely expensive! Its a con. EA have seen you CC guys have made a litte money and now they are jumping on the bandwagon. I worked out that in the UK you pay £29 or over for the Sims 3 then roughly £12 per set...that works out at £53!!!! Outrageous. Many simmers are youngesters that cant afford such high cost..also the profit must be extremley high. Some of these Objects should have been in the game to begin with.

Shame on you EA
  • Options
    ChessackChessack Posts: 227 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still have some of my free points.

One of my problems is that I can see it is not worth it (in terms of points) to buy things individually -- you're better off with sets. But the sets are also very expensive as a whole ($19 for one set of furniture, however nice, is over the top), so I am just sitting on my points ATM.

I will cop to having bought one $10 card at Best Buy, when I hadn't yet worked out the conversion of money to Sim points. Once I worked it out, I basically said, "Forget it." I won't buy any more until the price comes down, and I'll hold the 1,000 I bought until then (or forever), since I can't get any of the sets I like with only 1,000 (or a shade over, since I have some of the free ones) points.

C
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2009
    Spent those and many,many more. I got 10 tickets alone just for my birthday. From day one of the store opening I seen many things I liked.
  • Options
    Mimi18MariaMimi18Maria Posts: 170 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Still got all mine. Curious to see where this sale's going. Plus the expansion pack like everyone said.