Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAIL

DEAR EA,
I WOULD LIKE MORE CHANCES TO GO TO JAIL BESIDES THE ONLY 1 TIME IF YOU CHOOSE THE CRIMINAL CAREER
i just would like to go to jail for stealing something :!:

Comments

• SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I had a sim that was caught stealing something and she went to jail if I remember correctly, but I would love an actual Jail in the game with more opportunities to be arrested.

What other ideas do you have with the Jail you want?
  • ClaireBearSims3ClaireBearSims3 Posts: 21
    edited July 2012
    Maybe sims could get arrested for fighting in public or teens being in bars :)
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Maybe sims could get arrested for fighting in public or teens being in bars :)

That I like, and the parents should have the option to pick them up, or leave them in jail to learn a lesson.
  • CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    edited July 2012
    It would be cool if a Sim could be in jail indefinitely, especially when it comes to story telling.

Obviously with the option of paying for release.
  • GrantiliciousGrantilicious Posts: 46
    edited July 2012
    yeah like getting in bar fights, slapping your wife, also if you do hit your spouse then they should be able to call the cops on you, and if the kid is after curfew the police should drive them to jail not the house,...because once i had my sim blow a bunch of stuff up and it just said that i would be fined by the police...i just think it would be a nice addition to the game :P
  • mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ea is not going to add anything new to Sims 3 due to Sim 4 coming out later next year. I would like Warden.. Grand Theft Auto as a Jail sentence. What about lawyers and judges. come on EA there are tons of more you can do with SIMS 3 don't run away from us like sims 2................... please...
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited July 2012
    How do you the sims 4 is coming next year? I think they will come out with it in 2 years if they do a sims 4.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2012
    mnevin25 wrote:
    Ea is not going to add anything new to Sims 3 due to Sim 4 coming out later next year. I would like Warden.. Grand Theft Auto as a Jail sentence. What about lawyers and judges. come on EA there are tons of more you can do with SIMS 3 don't run away from us like sims 2................... please...

er, where did you get that information? no one really knows when its coming out.. im guessing early/middle 2014
    edited July 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y06SfWmRyq8&feature=relmfu

SimGuruGraham twitter account said they aren't working on anything new for sims3. ComicCon had EA but not for Sims at all. So I would venture that EA is working since April 2010 on Sims 4 to get it out soon. If not then they need to start listening to the people who spend money every month on facebook and on here.. on the product they push..

Now Curtis Paradis says it is probably late 2014 but get bored read simgurugraham's twitter site and just read all... You will find some questions silly some intriguing and some downright a mystery.

I'm no expert. Been playing the Sims since it came out. Sims 1 and so on.. I don't have to say I am disappointed in Sims 2 they disbanded the website someone should have offered to run it so that those that still use it could still buy new items. Think of the money they are loosing.... Cha Ching Klunk... Are they going to do that to Sims 3?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2012
    I wish they fix the keystone cops.Oh so sorry he/she got away and the criminal walks past the cop and jumps into a car. :roll:
  • menudomenudo Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm pretty sure they're just focusing all their attention on SN for right now. Graham has said before that there is a lot of life left in Sims 3.
  • TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited July 2012
    yeah like getting in bar fights, slapping your wife, also if you do hit your spouse then they should be able to call the cops on you, and if the kid is after curfew the police should drive them to jail not the house,...because once i had my sim blow a bunch of stuff up and it just said that i would be fined by the police...i just think it would be a nice addition to the game :P

LOLzers. :lol:
    edited July 2012
    But life after Sims 3 is Sims 4??? wouldn't you think. I called EA about some technical issues I was having. They sent me to SimsPrograms and it does show that there is Seasons in the work. When I don't know. But a jail and wardens with Parol Officers and maybe bail bonds men Dog the Bounty Hunter... would be fun
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2012
    mnevin25 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y06SfWmRyq8&feature=relmfu

SimGuruGraham twitter account said they aren't working on anything new for sims3. ComicCon had EA but not for Sims at all. So I would venture that EA is working since April 2010 on Sims 4 to get it out soon. If not then they need to start listening to the people who spend money every month on facebook and on here.. on the product they push..

Now Curtis Paradis says it is probably late 2014 but get bored read simgurugraham's twitter site and just read all... You will find some questions silly some intriguing and some downright a mystery.

I'm no expert. Been playing the Sims since it came out. Sims 1 and so on.. I don't have to say I am disappointed in Sims 2 they disbanded the website someone should have offered to run it so that those that still use it could still buy new items. Think of the money they are loosing.... Cha Ching Klunk... Are they going to do that to Sims 3?

Doesn't mean TS 4 is coming out next year .it could still be 2 1/2 3 years down the road get cancelled or not exist
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2012
    OP, I agree we need to send Sims to jail. Since this is TS3 and it has professions it in from AMBs...I think for this game it would make sense to actually add a career to be a Sheriff and go around and arrest Sims. That would be funny. Sims standing around reading..pick them up for vagrancy. :lol:

Since it is TS3, why not a real open venue jail?..with cell doors, lock up the offending Sim, do some paperwork, put their mug shot up on the wall...while they fume inside the jail. Yeah, there are several Sims in this game I wouldn't care to lock up for 72 hours.

Then they could get a bad moodlet for being an ex con, and have a difficult time of getting a job for awhile. Depending on their probation and the crime...all left up to the Sheriff (you).

On the OT subject:No TS4 is not 2 1/2 years away. If you think TS3 will run 5 years or longer you are only setting yourself up for a big fall.

TS1-3 years 2000-2003 Feb-Oct.
    TS2-4 years 2004-2008 Sept-Aug..1 SP late Nov. 2008
    TS3...maybe back to 3 yrs but probably next year in June..4 years.

ETA: corrected my mistakes..spelling is horrible today.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2012
    DEAR EA,
    I WOULD LIKE MORE CHANCES TO GO TO JAIL BESIDES THE ONLY 1 TIME IF YOU CHOOSE THE CRIMINAL CAREER
    i just would like to go to jail for stealing something :!:

If you aren't opposed to mods look at some of the ones at nraas. I had an evil Sim getting hauled off to jail all the time....and he wasn't in the criminal career.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • raisingthestakesraisingthestakes Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I think they should be in jail for longer. What jail holds you for eight hours? Also, my career performance goes down when i'm in jail, and that's just not fair!
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2012
    With the addition of Late Night, vampire sims can go to jail if they are caught raiding the grocery store and hospitals for plasma. I doubt EA will add any more if any opportunities for sims to go to jail.