Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

pirated version

Hmmmm. I originally downloaded the pirated version. I loved the game. I read the comments people had on the pirated forum. They had issues with fast forward not going fast enough, crashing. EA said the pirated version was buggy and didnt have the same amount of content. So I bought the retail. Then I read this forum, and I see people have the EXACT same problems. And I dont have any extra content in the retail version. Even the extra town I had to download it didnt come with it. Im happy to buy it if it means getting updates and being able to plug into the exchange system. Thats worth it for me. But dont lie to me about extra content. And by the way my game never crashes, and my fast forward works perfectly.

Comments

• TheLighterDarkTheLighterDark Posts: 927 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well man I'll go ahead and say straight up that it is never a good idea to admit to illegal downloading software over a pirate site. They can IP track you and have a big fine put on yourself within days.

If you downloaded a full pirated copy of the game then of course it won't come with any additions, you downloaded the full game. :shock:
  • clarkyjoeclarkyjoe Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well man I'll go ahead and say straight up that it is never a good idea to admit to illegal downloading software over a pirate site. They can IP track you and have a big fine put on yourself within days.

If you downloaded a full pirated copy of the game then of course it won't come with any additions, you downloaded the full game. :shock:

We have NO laws against downloading content only uploading in my country. And like I said I paid. Dont dictate laws to me.
  • DrukareeDrukaree Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good idea on doing the pirated thing first. It always pays to try before you buy so you don't end up spending money on a crappy game.
  • clarkyjoeclarkyjoe Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Drukaree wrote:
    Good idea on doing the pirated thing first. It always pays to try before you buy so you don't end up spending money on a crappy game.

I look for demo first. Didnt find one so I downloaded a copy. I did the same for spore. I liked them and wanted to get more creatures that people created. I liked that idea and I liked the game. I paid. Got bored out of my mind after a few days. WASTE of my money. But Im loving the sims3. I dont have any bugs so far. Graphics are amazing. I cranked them runs great. I played it for hours. I like the new job system. I HATED the old job system in sims 2. I feel like I can enjoy myself in the game instead of just trying to speed through it just to take a **** and balance everything. I like that I can collect things and I like smelting. lol. Im got some serious ideas planned. I hate the idea that Ihave to spend $20 of REAL money on a bedroom set just to download it from EA?! YEA RIGHT! I'll be going to the simsresource to download my content. I dont like feeling like Im getting MILKED and I feel that lots with EA products lately.