March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

|| NAMC: MSVC || CLOSED :]

Comments

• BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited August 2009
    senb23 wrote:
    bippity boppity bump! :lol:
    'ello ;]

Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • senb23senb23 Posts: 520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    senb23 wrote:
    bippity boppity bump! :lol:
    'ello ;]

Bump

Love the revamp Bini! The deadline isn't coming fast enough, i wanna see the pics already! :cry:
  • peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Agreed.
    The new first post is great. :)It's easy to navigate and looks good.

I'm so excited to see what everyone's done. It seems most people chose wrath. :/
  • commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited August 2009
    Bini,
    I "borrowed" your judging/scoring rubric for my modeling comp. I edited it up a little though..

I just thought it was so great. Hope you dont mind. :D
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
    edited August 2009
    Bini,
    I "borrowed" your judging/scoring rubric for my modeling comp. I edited it up a little though..

I just thought it was so great. Hope you dont mind. :D
    I'm flattered xD

And thank you everybody :] I'm quite pleased with the outcome!

Bump
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • GypzyGypzy Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Gahhh you guys think you have it bad, I'm 3 hrs ahead of Bini so I have to wait until 7:00pm my time lol
    edited August 2009
    Gypzy wrote:
    Gahhh you guys think you have it bad, I'm 3 hrs ahead of Bini so I have to wait until 7:00pm my time lol
    Oh man :[ That really sux..

This Round seems super long but that's mostly because I posted it up Sunday evening, which was nighttime for most people and then I had to allow 48 hours of allotted time to submit entries.

But the good news is, you guys don't have to wait until after deliberation to see the screenshots, those will be revealed immediately after deadline :] Whoop!
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aiiii. Just need 2 more entries in!
    edited August 2009
    Were you the one that asked me if I spoke Spanish?

If you were.. You were gonna do your blurb in espanol, si? xD

Man, that would have been pretty cool actually. Only, I probably wouldn't be able to translate it that well :Þ
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Gypzy wrote:

Holy cow, me too!!! SEVEN! And to make matters worse... husbands family here... hard to find moment to get on computer... no longer able to speak in full sentences... robot. i. am. a. robot.

sorry.
    edited August 2009
    I think GMT is three hours ahead of mine... but I might be wrong.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

Man, that would have been pretty cool actually. Only, I probably wouldn't be able to translate it that well :Þ

I was. And I wasn't gonna do the whole thing in Spanish. XD I don't speak it that well. But I typed "mi abuela" at one point, and then realized that you may not know what that means.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I was. And I wasn't gonna do the whole thing in Spanish. XD I don't speak it that well. But I typed "mi abuela" at one point, and then realized that you may not know what that means.

Haha. I speak un poco espanol. x)

I can read it practically fluently, but cannot speak/write too well.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I'm from Miami, so I pretty much learned it by ear. I can pick up bits and pieces of it, so if someone's speaking Spanish to me, I either know exactly what they're saying, or I'm like "....wut u sed?" I can only really write words without accent marks in 'em, though. Those pesky things always get me. But I can translate from writing pretty well.

Edited for butchered typing.

edited August 2009
    I can read French decently and write it but my brain doesn't work fast enough to speak it well enough :[ I can read some Spanish too because some of the words are similar to French, which is no surprise, since they both originated from Latin :] Which, believe it or not, I actually took in 7th grade for a whole year! And that was a whole lot of amo's amas's amat's amamus's amatis's amant's! Lawls.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I'm from Miami, so I pretty much learned it by ear. I can pick up bits and pieces of it, so if someone's speaking Spanish to me, I either know exactly what they're saying, or I'm like "....wut u sed?" I can only really write words without accent marks in 'em, though. Those pesky things always get me. But I can translate from writing pretty well.

Edited for butchered typing.

Accent marks drive me beserk!
    I can usually translate what people are saying too, but I cannot formulate the words myself. I have no clue why.

I used to pick up my spanish textbook and read aloud in english. My friends thought I was making it up, but I was actually translating it. x) It was fun.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    I can read French decently and write it but my brain doesn't work fast enough to speak it well enough :[ I can read some Spanish too because some of the words are similar to French, which is no surprise, since they both originated from Latin :] Which, believe it or not, I actually took in 7th grade for a whole year! And that was a whole lot of amo's amas's amat's amamus's amatis's amant's! Lawls.

They didn't offer Latin for me.
    I would assume it would help immensely as a base language.
    I think after Spanish, I might learn Italian because they're so close.
    But French is such a beautiful language. I've always wanted to learn it.

Edited for clarity.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I totally took Latin during sophomore and junior year. I always got one of the stupid songs our teacher taught us for conjugating stuck in my head. It was -i -isti -it -imus -istis -erunt to the tune of the Mickey Mouse song. XD
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I totally took Latin during sophomore and junior year. I always got one of the stupid songs our teacher taught us for conjugating stuck in my head. It was -i -isti -it -imus -istis -erunt to the tune of the Mickey Mouse song. XD

I made up a song for conjugating.
    Our teacher had some strategy called the "conjugating boot."
    So I started singing, "These boots are made for conjugating, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days, these boots are gonna conjugate for you.
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

So I started singing, "These boots are made for conjugating, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days, these boots are gonna conjugate for you.

I wish I had a pair of boots to conjugate for me. I hated that crap. =(
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

They offer Latin in American schooling now? Holy cows! When I was in high school, Latin wasn't offered, which was fine by me :] But my sister would have loved to continue studying it. I took Latin while in the Brit system before moving to the US. I don't miss it to be honest, Latin that is xD
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:

I wish I had a pair of boots to conjugate for me. I hated that crap. =(

Conjugating was my strong point.
    I just had problems remembering all the accent marks and sometimes verb and noun association.

But the conjugating boots were lame.
    It was like...

Tener:
    Tengo | Tenemos
    Tienes | Tenais
    Tiene | Tienen

And all the words with a stem change would be inside some little boot drawing.
  • GypzyGypzy Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Gypzy wrote:

Holy cow, me too!!! SEVEN! And to make matters worse... husbands family here... hard to find moment to get on computer... no longer able to speak in full sentences... robot. i. am. a. robot.

sorry.

Hubby, the little one and I are in the process of moving so I've been rewarding myself when I finish packing a box by checking for Cougar updates lol
    edited August 2009
    Gypzy wrote:
    Gypzy wrote:

sorry.

Hubby, the little one and I are in the process of moving so I've been rewarding myself when I finish packing a box by checking for Cougar updates lol
    Oh yes I meant to comment on HarleyQuinn's post xD

That's funny xDDD
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    edited August 2009
    Binibini wrote:
    Binibini wrote:

They offer Latin in American schooling now? Holy cows! When I was in high school, Latin wasn't offered, which was fine by me :] But my sister would have loved to continue studying it. I took Latin while in the Brit system before moving to the US. I don't miss it to be honest, Latin that is xD

We only had 3 languages that were offered at my school. There was Spanish (which is pretty Standard), French (also, pretty standard), and Latin (wtfx?)

The were 3 schools that offered Latin where I live, actually. The other 2 were college prep schools, though

I didn't mind Latin, really, but after sophomore year, our original teacher left, and we got this terribly tyrannous teacher (yay for alliteration!) in her place. I quite honestly could not handle being in a class with him (he'd seriously tell us that he hated us and stuff), so I decided to take Spanish for the second half of my junior year, and for senior year, since I already knew a decent amount of it, anyway.