Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Creator Tool for MAC

Ok, I'm starting a petition to have a create a world tool for mac computers! If you want create a world for mac, type a response below!!! I want to create a world!!! :!:

Comments

• Drew1234Drew1234 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited April 2012
    There's been tons of these petitions... I have lost hope in a CAW for Mac.... :(
    But hey, I'll sign, again, for like the hundredth time... :P
  • EllaKiiraEllaKiira Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I AGREE!
    I WANT TO DO MY OWN WORLD!
    BUT I CAN'T CUS I HAVE A MAC COMPUTER! :(:(:(:(:(
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Feel free to add my name to the list. I wish you the best of luck with this; for what it's worth, the petition that I started for the same thing is still linked to in my signature, although it's hardly been effective.

Given that Cider emulates a Windows environment for TS3 to run on a Mac, I'm still having a hard time understanding why EA can't use Cider to emulate a Windows environment for Create–A–World to run in. I seriously hope EA starts writing native Mac code for TS4; it's not exactly difficult to make a program native Win/Mac compatible if it's planned for. Not only would this increase the chance of developer's tools being readily available for the Mac, but it would also reduce the number of bugs that we've had to put up with. Adobe manages to write native Win/Mac code for all of their software as do other game developers, so I'd really like to see EA start doing the same thing. For TS3 though, the best that I can hope for is a decent port of CAW, so consider me signed.
  • breakbrucebreakbruce Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2012
    Signed. Though I'm not too optimistic about it since EA pretty much doesn't listen to their customers....
  • yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited June 2012
    Add my name to the list.

@AlexRoz9 You can add me to your petition too.
  • LadyRiseLadyRise Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    Add my name to the list for CAW but EA is a seriously non-responsive outfit?! Would love to tinker with world building on MAC.
  • SBuddiesSBuddies Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Add me!! I feel left out when i see peoples worlds in the Exchange.
  • EllebaxEllebax Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    I'm so for this!
    Add me!

Mac users need a lot more love here!!!
  • harrytheplatypusharrytheplatypus Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    Add me to the list too, I run the game on a Macbook Pro and am dieing to create my own worlds like I did on TS2 with SimCIty 4.
  • shaggyjuniorshaggyjunior Posts: 75
    edited July 2012
    I'll sign! :D
  • AstralNovaAstralNova Posts: 257 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Add my name to the list, as well.
  • TheJMaster06TheJMaster06 Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    Mite as well put me down too! :)
  • just4th3simsjust4th3sims Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I´ll sign!
  • macman442255macman442255 Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    I really want to be able to create my own world for my Sims as well! I'll definetly sign! :-)
  • Gigglzy0Gigglzy0 Posts: 5,566 New Member
    edited July 2012
    it tryed it but is was soooooooooooo confusing!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • clarisszclarissz Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Add me!!
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2012
    Gigglzy0 wrote:
    it tryed it but is was soooooooooooo confusing!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

There aren't many people who do understand how it works. It's very complicated to work with and most people gave up after a while.

CAW is unstable even on Windows, it's complicated to use, it's got a graphics interface which doesn't play nice with many graphics cards.
    I got it to work on an XP laptop, but I can't get it up and running in Virtual Box. I haven't tried Bootcamp, I don't think it's worth spending so much money on Windows 7 for a utility I will get so little use out of.

I think EA should spend their time doing something constructive - like fixing Cider to get rid of our 'Exception Raised' errors.

• BotticelliVenusBotticelliVenus Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Signed!!!! :!:
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited October 2012
    CAW runs great in Boot Camp. I wouldn't bother trying to run it in a virtual machine like VmWare or Parallels as you need the maximum amount of graphics power possible.

All the worlds in my studio were created on one of my Macs under Boot Camp. CAW is very, very buggy though, nothing to do with running it on a Mac - it's the same for standard PC users (Dells, HPs, Sonys etc).
    apple-signature.png
  • GiulianaBlazquezGiulianaBlazquez Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    I sign, we need much love.
  • werock2040werock2040 Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    The best way to become a world editor is, someone who have programming skills, MacUsers have to start thereself a project for an editor. Anyone? I can't do this but its worth for a try!
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    signed...but it's never gonna happen...EA has no interest in that program any more as they would rather make the worlds and SELL them to us...MORE MONEY FOR THEM!
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited November 2012
    Well, I'll sign because I'd like it. But first a patch.
  • ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited November 2012
    HAHAHAHAH PLEASE THE GSME BARELY WORKS ON A MAC, and you want them to make CAW for mac hahaha. yes i want CAW too but i realy just want my dang game to work first. P.S they don't read this forum.
  • hazardousdevil69hazardousdevil69 Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2012
    ADD ME TO THE LIST! I WANT TO CREATE MY OWN WORLD AND BE ABLE TO PUT LOTS WHERE I LIKE NONE OF THIS 'CANNOT PUT LOT HERE, UNROUTABLE TERRAIN CRAP!