Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't turn in renovations

I've got an architectural designer who was building the Man Cave project - put in a lot of extras (rugs, art, sculptures) in addition to the required aspects, with less than $200 remaining when I'm done. When I turn in the renovation, the client says "I can't live in this squalor" and won't accept the renovation. I've tried starting it over and when I delete everything, it says I still have the expensive TV somewhere. I even tried to start a 2nd renovation at a different house and I can do the renovation but I can't turn it in.

Any ideas on what the issue is and how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2012
    I found this:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=4579.0

Usually if they don't like what your sim has done, when I played I just left and moved on to the next, so maybe don't start over.

I don't know about the tv though, sorry.

• Options
    KayRed87KayRed87 Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for that forum link - I'll try going more under budget.

Even when I moved on to another project, though, I couldn't turn those in. I've got a few options to try now, though, so thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    x80proofx80proof Posts: 420 Member
    edited July 2012
    That recently happen to me. After days I gave up because I barely touched their budget and it was every client .I think it is a glitch.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2012
    When you get the "I can't live in this squalor" message, it means that you've either deleted an object the Sim needs (like a bed, sink or trashcan), or you forgot to add something the Sim needs. For example, if you're putting in a bar, don't forget the bar stools.

Sims don't like it when you take out too much of their stuff---or when you over clutter their rooms. Really, the only condition is that, when you put in the required objects, just make sure they are brand new. They can even be the exact same item, as long as you buy a new one (read: eyedrop tool).

I do this with replacement windows/doors all the time. I don't change the type of window, I just delete the old one, & use the eyedrop tool to put in a new window of the exact same type! Also, if you move an object from one wall to the other, like a light fixture, they look at it as "new."

In addition, you don't have to include everything in one room only, as long as the required objects are somewhere on the lot. If you're doing a bathroom for example, you can add an expensive stove to the kitchen if the owner has the Natural Cook trait. They will love you for it. Sims also don't care what color anything is. Everything could be mis-matched polkadots and plaids, and they will think it is gorgeous.

I usually only add two homemade items to each renovation, such as a painting my Sim made, or a photo they took with their phone, or a smelted bar of gold, a cut gem, or rare butterfly under glass. You can even put up a mounted fish your Sim has caught.

As for turning in the renovation, the day ends at 6:00 pm, so after that, you can just come back to that house the very next day in order to get paid for your job.
  • Options
    KayRed87KayRed87 Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Hmm I added a completely new room in this particular instance so I didn't take anything away. But I wound up not having the option of completing that renovation after two days, so I'm hoping it just doesn't matter anymore.