Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, My Name Is...The Landing Pad

Comments

• KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for making this thread!

My name is Cristie. I've been registered on the site since 2009, but recently became active in the forums in late April 2012. Sometimes I still like to lurk though. :)

I've played Sims 3 since it came out and I love playing in CAS. I'm working on meshing and learning to make my own CC as far as CAS goes, but that takes awhile as it's not easy. Building I would say is my weak point. I like to build, but I'm still not that great at it.

I love the GG forums and have hosted my own contest and lotto before and look forward to doing more in the future.

I'm also known as The Gifting Bunny to some of my friends. Maybe one day you'll find out why. ;)
  • emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I've been on here for a month or so. So still pretty new :D
    I've been playing since Sims 3 cam out, but didn't register my game until last year.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2012
    Kurisuti wrote:
    Thank you for making this thread!

My name is Cristie. I've been registered on the site since 2009, but recently became active in the forums in late April 2012. Sometimes I still like to lurk though. :)

I've played Sims 3 since it came out and I love playing in CAS. I'm working on meshing and learning to make my own CC as far as CAS goes, but that takes awhile as it's not easy. Building I would say is my weak point. I like to build, but I'm still not that great at it.

I love the GG forums and have hosted my own contest and lotto before and look forward to doing more in the future.

I'm also known as The Gifting Bunny to some of my friends. Maybe one day you'll find out why. ;)

1 more bunny to be afraid of.... we have whole thread devoted to being bunnies...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    Welcome, welcome!!

Cristie, I'm sorry I missed your contests. I have heard of The Gifting Bunny though... :shock: You're FAMOUS!!! :shock:

Next time you have a contest, send me link, I'd like to sponsor it!!

emiie10, hiya! I'm so glad you decided to join our little community! Anything in particular that you like to do ingame? Build, CAS, have your sim fall in love, go steady, get engaged and get married all the span of an hour?
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • mizzystacemizzystace Posts: 67 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi :mrgreen: I'm mizzystace but you can call me Stacie :D . I have been a very active member of the UK forums a couple of years ago, I've only joined this forum recently. I have been a member since 2009 but have been lurking . :P Im very impressed by the community and how nice everyone is, and I want to be a part of it! :D
  • alisonreneealisonrenee Posts: 34
    edited July 2012
    Hi there, my name is Alison. I have recently started playing Sims3 again since my bf bought me the Pets expansion. I am glad to see this new Forum! Will be reading the first couple links posted here to learn rules & stuff. Nice to meet everyone!
    edited July 2012
    Welcome Stacie, welcome Alison!
  • monocerotis13monocerotis13 Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I used to be around about a year ago, but real life got in the way for a while, nothing serious, then there was the change to the mypage, which I really didn't like, and still don't, but at least we can filter the posts a bit now! :D
    So I decided it was time to join in again when my various hobbies allow me! :lol:
    'No I'm from Iowa- I only work in outer space' James Tiberius Kirk
    edited July 2012
    Well that's because bunnies are awesome! :D

anettesb wrote:
    1 more bunny to be afraid of.... we have whole thread devoted to being bunnies...
    edited July 2012
    :D Thanks!

My first one was 8-Bit Attack lol I was inspired by video game sprites. It was so much fun I do want to do another soon. And I had a couple of wonderful sponsors then (many thanks to you again Sharon and Missy!) Everyone had such great entries. As for The Gifting Bunny I didn't realize you heard of me lol I didn't think I was famous or anything, just having fun surprising people with random gifts from time to time!

Aww :) that is so sweet of you! I will send you a link for sure when I do my next one, but no obligation to sponsor it will be for you to check out just for fun! ;)

Blythelyre wrote:
    Welcome, welcome!!

Cristie, I'm sorry I missed your contests. I have heard of The Gifting Bunny though... :shock: You're FAMOUS!!! :shock:

Next time you have a contest, send me link, I'd like to sponsor it!!

emiie10, hiya! I'm so glad you decided to join our little community! Anything in particular that you like to do ingame? Build, CAS, have your sim fall in love, go steady, get engaged and get married all the span of an hour?
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I used to be around about a year ago, but real life got in the way for a while, nothing serious, then there was the change to the mypage, which I really didn't like, and still don't, but at least we can filter the posts a bit now! :D
    So I decided it was time to join in again when my various hobbies allow me! :lol:

Welcome!!
  • klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the community, everyone!
  • Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well I don't think I'm a newbie but I still wanna introduce myself :D I'm Mychro and I've been registered since the first day Sims 3 came out, but I finally joined the forums on January 2012 :). I started lurking on the expansion forums but people were not so nice there, and then I found the Gifting forums. It is super cool in here and the generosity its amazing.

I'm not a great builder, but it think it's because I haven't given myself any chance. :mrgreen: I'm always lurking around and wanting to meet new people :) I have done like two lotteries and I love it!!!

So hi everyone!!!!!
    hs3c.png
  • SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello to all newbies and welcome. :D
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2012
    *waves hi*
    Hi, everyone! I'm LilyParker, but you can also call me Pauline (my real name). I got introduced to the Sims via The Sims Social on Facebook. I used my FB sim's name for my avatar. My husband never knows what to get me for Christmas, so I hinted that I was thinking of buying the Sims, and he bought me the Deluxe game + Generations. I'm completely addicted. :shock: I don't know anyone in RL that plays. I'm probably not your average simmer being that I'm middle aged. Geez, did I just say that out loud?

I went from a complete CC junkie to a fresh install. Too many problems. I've spent lots of time lurking in the forums (mostly tech). It wasn't until I poked around in the GG forum that I found the warmest, nicest people! I've entered a few contests, and they've helped me step outside my box. For the first few months, I just played and created some sims. I'm still a complete noob about a lot of things. Built & uploaded one house and have another ready to be uploaded soon. Not my strong point, but I'm learning. I'm amazed at how many truly talented builders there are!

Anyway, I've been rambling. Did I mention I like to talk? :lol: I'd love to make some new friends!!!
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited July 2012
    @illusie Thanks! I'm going to start building a little bit more! I looked at the creative corner and there are alot of tutorials so I'm lovin that!
    My family is only first generation and Lucky palms is amazing explore it and you will find alot of cool lots and such!
    @Blythelyre Your first house! Congratz! I'm still learning the whole building in the Sims 3 so we can learn together xD
    @LilyParker *waves* Hi! Welcome I'm still a newbie too :D I don't know anyone that plays in RL either, im a teen and everyone here is addicted to Call of Duty. :lol: They honestly don't know what their missing the Sims is an amazing game :lol:
  • Roxygirl9797Roxygirl9797 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey everybody! My name is Roxygirl9797 but you can call me Roxy:)Ive been a playing since the Sims 2 came out and became a member of this site a couple days after the Sims 3 came out! Ive always enjoyed watching others compete for prizes on this Forum and was hoping I could become an active part of the community by entering in some of them :)
    edited July 2012
    @Pcd1love2u, I agree that the sims is amazing. I love that you get to decide how you want to play and that you can also use your creativity in other ways. For example, I just uploaded a bunch of recolors of clothing & boots. It was my first time, and I made some rookie mistakes, but it was also a great learning experience.

@Roxy, I'd definitely recommend taking part in a challenge. My first one was creating a household that included sims of all generations, from toddlers to elders, hosted by calemorezoo. I learned a lot and it was a blast. That household actually got 50 downloads, and I was floored! I would never have created it otherwise. I learned how to take photos & made my first slideshow in Photobucket. You never know until you try. Go for it!
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    edited July 2012
    Nice to meet everyone. Getting sleepy. Time to call it a night. Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like. :D
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hello and welcome everyone! I'm glad to see this thread is attracting some really awesome attention!
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Of all help threads I have every seen in this particular forum, this one deserves to be a sticky in this forum.

This topic needs to be the first thing a new person sees when they come here and right up there for veterans to jump in and welcome them.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited July 2012
    just try and keep me away from a thread with food and cider.
    I'm frn and i've been here since the dawn of time.
    oh and hi to you all.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • dementor1213dementor1213 Posts: 1,835 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi, I'm dementor1213. I'm newish to the gifting forum, I've been lurking around for several weeks, checking out the different threads and stuff.

I like to see people's creations for contests, plus I like to see people get gifted. I would like to gift people too, but alas, I don't get Simpoints enough for myself, let alone to give tons of awesome stuff to people, oh, that was in no way implying I'm here to get gifts or ask for them, I wouldn't turn my nose up at one, but I'm mainly here to check out people's contest creations. If they're good enough to win thousands of Simpoints for a prize, I know they've got to be good.
  • Roxygirl9797Roxygirl9797 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2012
    @LilyParker~ Thanks so much for the encouragement! :D I just signed up for my first contest yesterday hosted by Bethany20112 to decorate a house shell and im so excited!
  • dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2012
    Nevermind. :oops:

Post edited by Unknown User on