Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ...I agree completely! I get proud when my sims fill up a skill, or write a best-seller ... perhaps it's the "God complex" that I find so appealing... :wink:

I know, I do too! :D

Omg, when the Woznys were gone, I sent another Sim to the Library to read...and *sniff*...there was Holden's book he'd written on the library shelves. Oh it was so hard to see that, knowing he was gone from the hood. A piece of him left behind... See? I'm such a sap. :wink:
  • Options
    simka334playersimka334player Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I do agree with you; it IS a God-like feeling which is so apealing in this game!
    And I also agree with Bunnylips... the sims3 could be the end of that marvelous game!
    We have witnessed that with other extremely popular games like Heroes ( compare the fabulous III with the IV and V!) and also Settlers.
    But just look at SimCity.... The SC4 was wonderful whereas The Societies was a big miste, I played it only for a couple of days and than switched again to SC4.
    Sometimes Graphics is not all that glitters and the game misses that something which was so unique.
    In my opinion TS2 should have been improved only with the open neighbourhood; but maybe it was not possible to do?
    However the breakes when the game loaded while changing neighbourhood were so soothing for my eyes, which with TS3 are constatly strained. So there was method in that madness, after all! :D
    Anyway ,I think, TS3 will be played and adored by the younger generations of players, and we, the veterans, may retire ;for all EA cares!
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Simango wrote:
    I'm curious about one thing, the part about families not moving out if you controlled them. That counts for every family I ever played before I put the patch in right?

Also do I just have to load a family once to protect them or do I have to play them for a certain amount of time before they are safe?

Well the game still moved out one of my families AFTER the patch was installed. I had played them for 4 or 5 Sim weeks before I switched houses. Then one of my Sims read in the paper that my other family had "moved away." So the patch did not "protect" them. It also spawned a baby boy to Christopher Steel, and that wasn't supposed to happen anymore either. The patch is not working as promised. I have turned story progression off.

I’m suspecting that the game has moved out one of my “played” sims too. I didn’t see her in the house with everyone else and she’s no longer showing up on lists to invite to parties. This happened AFTER the download of the patch stating it protected played households.

Anyway, I’ve still got to manually search around town to be 100% sure.

Updated edit: Wanted to come back and edit this. My “missing” sim is back. I have no idea where she went and why I could never find her in her own home for days now. Anyway, she’s back BUT she’s still not listed on phone lists when you attempt to have a sim dial up other sims. Is that a relationship issue? But she’s a relative of my legacy family line-up. Guess I'll stay confused on this one forever. rofl
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thankyou EA for the patch! You have solved a lot of problems for me and the game is once again enjoyable. Also, installing patches is quick and painless thanks to the game updater. I am looking forward to the first ep and really hope it is filled with new objects, traits, HAIRSTYLES and jobs, because hairstyles was seriously lacking in the base game!
  • Options
    agibearsagibears Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2009
    OH NO, I liked the surprise of babies being born to singles and finding the mommas had left the kids with the daddys!I mean in the real world singles have babies all the time, why did you stop this whaaaaaaaa......
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ...I’m suspecting that the game has moved out one of my “played” sims too. I didn’t see her in the house with everyone else and she’s no longer showing up on lists to invite to parties. This happened AFTER the download of the patch stating it protected played households.

If your missing Sim had any close family members or best friends in town, go to that house and see if your missing Sim still shows up in the relationship panel. If so, then you can still call your missing Sim and invite them over. Once they arrive, chat with them until the "Ask to Move In" pops up in the friendly menu. If it does, then your missing Sim can now move in with that household and you've got her back! I did this and it worked for my missing family.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    agibears wrote:
    OH NO, I liked the surprise of babies being born to singles and finding the mommas had left the kids with the daddys!I mean in the real world singles have babies all the time, why did you stop this whaaaaaaaa......

Well, I'm not sure if it's working correctly for others, but it doesn't work for me. Christopher Steel (single, no partners) still spawned a baby boy in my game, AFTER I installed the patch.
  • Options
    Simgirl45665Simgirl45665 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have been having some serious problems with my game ever since I updated it a few days ago. My sims stretch out whenever they age, and when I go to pick a trait for them, the game won't save that trait. I now have adult sims that only have two traits! The games isn't fun to play anymore because there are so many bugs. How can this be fixed?
  • Options
    lonestarlvnlonestarlvn Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thankyou EA for the patch! You have solved a lot of problems for me and the game is once again enjoyable. Also, installing patches is quick and painless thanks to the game updater. I am looking forward to the first ep and really hope it is filled with new objects, traits, HAIRSTYLES and jobs, because hairstyles was seriously lacking in the base game!

:!:
  • Options
    RubyRed78291RubyRed78291 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys, so I am trying to install the patch 1.4.6, but when it opens up the installwizard or installshield or whatever its called, it says Update Error: No File Found. (or something like that). has anyone else run into this problem? or can someone explain why its not workin for me... thanks!
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited August 2009
    For me its a shame that they have not fixed

(a) the broken music
    (b) the way they bump into each other when going anywhere and then stand there endlessly tapping their feet .
    and
    (c) the stupid way that if someone stays over at a friends the next morning they get up and EVERYONE in the house rushes to tell them off if they use the toilet or shower .Its inappropriate ?? It would be if they did a wee on the floor instead

TS2 was so much better with the routing how did they make such a mess of it for TS3
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    ...I’m suspecting that the game has moved out one of my “played” sims too. I didn’t see her in the house with everyone else and she’s no longer showing up on lists to invite to parties. This happened AFTER the download of the patch stating it protected played households.

If your missing Sim had any close family members or best friends in town, go to that house and see if your missing Sim still shows up in the relationship panel. If so, then you can still call your missing Sim and invite them over. Once they arrive, chat with them until the "Ask to Move In" pops up in the friendly menu. If it does, then your missing Sim can now move in with that household and you've got her back! I did this and it worked for my missing family.

Yes, she did have close relatives as she’s part of my “legacy family”. And that’s the thing… she never showed up on the phone list to dial up. Thus why I thought she was gone. But I just updated my previous post to say that I’ve seen her in her house with her sister now BUT she’s not on the list to call.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys, so I am trying to install the patch 1.4.6, but when it opens up the installwizard or installshield or whatever its called, it says Update Error: No File Found. (or something like that). has anyone else run into this problem? or can someone explain why its not workin for me... thanks!

Just an idea. Do you have the game or any part of the game, like the launcher, open when you try to update? With the previous patch I had accidently clicked to open the launcher during the update and I got the same error. But when I updated again, and didn’t touch a thing, it worked just fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ...Yes, she did have close relatives as she’s part of my “legacy family”. And that’s the thing… she never showed up on the phone list to dial up. Thus why I thought she was gone. But I just updated my previous post to say that I’ve seen her in her house with her sister now BUT she’s not on the list to call.

All right! So you can still go over to where she's now living and knock on her door and talk to her? It would be interesting to see whether she kept any relationship/family tree ties.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    ...Yes, she did have close relatives as she’s part of my “legacy family”. And that’s the thing… she never showed up on the phone list to dial up. Thus why I thought she was gone. But I just updated my previous post to say that I’ve seen her in her house with her sister now BUT she’s not on the list to call.

All right! So you can still go over to where she's now living and knock on her door and talk to her? It would be interesting to see whether she kept any relationship/family tree ties.

I’ll have to check it out. I quit yesterday after I finally noticed her still being in the town. BTW, she was an adopted child so I wonder if that has anything to do with the sudden not on the phone list. But it doesn’t make sense because she was always on the phone list before and listed in the family tree as a family member.
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited August 2009
    "• After getting promoted in a job with a night shift the Sim will only receive the day off if their next shift starts within 8 hours. "

sadly, this doesn´t work for me. at first, after a promotion, the info pops up that the next shift would start in - as an example - 12 hours. but when the starting time comes, it suddenly jumps to the next shift and my sim won´t be able to go to work!

also, i´m really sad that the babies have been removed (those who popped up from nowhere). this way my hood dies out so quickly :-( my sims can´t make friends and move in other sims quickly enough to populate the hood properly! and the newly moved in families/often single sims won´t ever marry if i don´t play them (and i don´t wanna switch active households cause my founders would lose all their inventories - annoying). hoping for the babies to come back! (please don´t tell me to just not update my game - i love that my custom made families/moved in sims won´t leave town any more).
  • Options
    codywilliamscodywilliams Posts: 474 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Where can you post future feedback and suggestions for the game?
  • Options
    Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ...I agree completely! I get proud when my sims fill up a skill, or write a best-seller ... perhaps it's the "God complex" that I find so appealing... :wink:

I know, I do too! :D

Omg, when the Woznys were gone, I sent another Sim to the Library to read...and *sniff*...there was Holden's book he'd written on the library shelves. Oh it was so hard to see that, knowing he was gone from the hood. A piece of him left behind... See? I'm such a sap. :wink:

Oh my goodness, I TOTALLY understand that! Before the whole patch fiasco (I had to completely re-install, and lost all my saved games - and I am STILL depressed over it - so much time and effort!) I had played one family exclusively for a couple of weeks. I went through several generations with them. One of the children found a book in the library written by her great-great grandmother! I was so excited! :)

I have been addicted to The Sims forever ... I usually pre-order all the games and EP's ... it's ridiculous, really. ;) My husband spoils me outrageously with this game ... but there's always something that catches me and feeds the addiction! This time around, it's the customization - I LOVE it! I try to dress my sims in their favorite colors, and once I've tweaked a pattern I make everything match! Their guitar, laptop and all the outfits ... I have SO much fun with this game!! My computer handles it easily, so I have the graphics set high and it really is beautifully done. I have some small issues with how some things work, but it's not bugs or anything, just personal preferences, and nothing I can't deal with. ;)

The patch got me upset because of the story progression. My sims tend to be prolific, so I was happy that some of them would move away. (Although, I have to admit, they never do. They move in with other sims, but I have all the graves in the graveyard as they age and die. Singles either move [in with other townies] or get roommates, so I always have new sims in the neighborhood.) But, it seems now, that it's not even working that way, and it makes me glad that I got rid of it - my game is running just fine right now, thank you! ;) I am upset with the way EA is handling this, they really don't seem to be paying attention - or at least they're not letting us know, if they are paying attention. I hate to see so many people turned off and not wanting to play any more! In my opinion, this is an AWESOME game!! :-D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ... I am upset with the way EA is handling this, they really don't seem to be paying attention - or at least they're not letting us know, if they are paying attention. I hate to see so many people turned off and not wanting to play any more! In my opinion, this is an AWESOME game!! :-D

I just can't understand how 3rd party modders can come up with a completely comprehensive and satisfying fix so quickly, and EA's own development team can't? And don't even get me started on the lack of hairs. Fan sites are running circles around EA creating tons of beautiful hairs for us.

It's such a shame because the game really IS awesome, and I love the customization too. I go crazy with it, it's so fun!
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really love this game but these patch issues are getting so hard to deal with. This will be the second time I may have to scrap a family that I worked so hard on! It is getting so frustrating trying to play, have plans for what you want to do with the family then have family members disappear, not grow up, have no one to marry... Without the story progression, we might as well be playing sims2... :cry:
  • Options
    Autumn08Autumn08 Posts: 296 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like this Update :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Where can you post future feedback and suggestions for the game?

Go here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/207.page
  • Options
    sims3sandrasims3sandra Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Uroica69 wrote:
    ... I am upset with the way EA is handling this, they really don't seem to be paying attention - or at least they're not letting us know, if they are paying attention. I hate to see so many people turned off and not wanting to play any more! In my opinion, this is an AWESOME game!! :-D

I just can't understand how 3rd party modders can come up with a completely comprehensive and satisfying fix so quickly, and EA's own development team can't? And don't even get me started on the lack of hairs. Fan sites are running circles around EA creating tons of beautiful hairs for us.

It's such a shame because the game really IS awesome, and I love the customization too. I go crazy with it, it's so fun!

I agree completely with both Pamhamlet and Uroica69. I can't understand why the 3rd party modders are able to fix the game when the EA developers can't... I was using a mod on the game and was really happy playing my game, but then the patch came out. Unfortunately, I allowed the patch to load on my game and it totally messed me up. So I had to uninstall Sims3 and start over again. So I haven't applied the mod again. But it is so frustrating to play without the mod -- I can't change households, because I will then lose the inventories. With the mod, I could change households and maintain the inventories... It is really frustrating to have your Sim become a partner in a business and then lose it when you change households. Plus, how come the mod is able to get your Sims from jamming up going through a door or getting a plate of food -- when the EA developers don't... It was so nice with the mod to not have everyone jamming up at the door to go outside... I love this game and really relish the graphics, but I am so frustrated that the patch didn't fix some major issues. I am playing now with aging off and story progression (supposedly) off. With the mod, when I had aging on and story progression on, the game played really well, but I am concerned about playing the game fully without a mod.
  • Options
    Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Uroica69 wrote:

I agree completely with both Pamhamlet and Uroica69. I can't understand why the 3rd party modders are able to fix the game when the EA developers can't... I was using a mod on the game and was really happy playing my game, but then the patch came out. Unfortunately, I allowed the patch to load on my game and it totally messed me up. So I had to uninstall Sims3 and start over again. So I haven't applied the mod again. But it is so frustrating to play without the mod -- I can't change households, because I will then lose the inventories. With the mod, I could change households and maintain the inventories... It is really frustrating to have your Sim become a partner in a business and then lose it when you change households. Plus, how come the mod is able to get your Sims from jamming up going through a door or getting a plate of food -- when the EA developers don't... It was so nice with the mod to not have everyone jamming up at the door to go outside... I love this game and really relish the graphics, but I am so frustrated that the patch didn't fix some major issues. I am playing now with aging off and story progression (supposedly) off. With the mod, when I had aging on and story progression on, the game played really well, but I am concerned about playing the game fully without a mod.

I have used mods and player created custom content from the beginning. Maybe EA has too much on their plate to be able to give the attention to detail that we're all looking for from them. Who knows, but honestly, I've found that mods help my game run better. And as long as they don't crash your game, I say Go for it! ;)

Pamhamlet mentioned hair, and it's a good thing that so many people are creating new ones - most that I've seen are really nice! I don't download much for clothes or objects, I can make those look the way I want myself now, but the hair is a must for me! ;)

If the mods work for you and make the game more enjoyable for you - use them! At least, that's how I feel about it. :)
  • Options
    drewsash0508drewsash0508 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just wanted to say, I love the Sims 3.....But, there are not that many clothing and hair items in Create A Sim...We need MORE hairstyles!! And clothes!! Like, why do Children, both Male and Female, have pretty much the same clothing??? We have to make our girls look like boys..So we could use more childrens clothes, and teen and women, and lots of more, better looking hairstyles!! I think you should have an update with a few more items in it, OR create a expansion pack SOON thats all about Clothing, Hair, Makeup, Shoes, etc. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that everything is GREAT!!