Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• xxxxttttiiiaan59xxxxttttiiiaan59 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just found out about ghost babies, they are so cute. Although it took me five times before a baby actualy came out as a ghost.
    [SP?]
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did yall know that this thread began the first day Sims 3 was released here in the USA? :D
  • Little_HaydenLittle_Hayden Posts: 171 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mysterious Mr Gnome scared me brainless when I first saw him.
    He was in the garden.
    And I rotated the camera and he was in my house :shock:
  • StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited August 2009
    did you know that if a female sim is wearing a dress and gets pregnant her maternity wear will be a dress and if she is wearing jeans - her maternity wear is trowers
  • plzr8mysimplzr8mysim Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2009
    :DDid you also know you can play The Sims 3 Online over your Wii? You'll need to buy it online from the Wii Shop Channel. Try it if you have a Wii pplz.
  • Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited August 2009
    Beccaree wrote:
    You can drag patterns when in CAS. I wish I had found out about this sooner. I am probably the only person who didn't know that. :oops:
    I just found out yesterday.
  • EstherwilliamsEstherwilliams Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you also know you can play The Sims 3 Online over your Wii? You'll need to buy it online from the Wii Shop Channel. Try it if you have a Wii pplz.

ooohhhh i'll need to try that!!!! thanks for letting us know!!!! :)
  • Alura1Alura1 Posts: 480 New Member
    edited August 2009
    plzr8mysim wrote:
    :DDid you also know you can play The Sims 3 Online over your Wii? You'll need to buy it online from the Wii Shop Channel. Try it if you have a Wii pplz.

omg that's so kewl! All the more reasaon for me to buy a Wii.

The Collector LTR is an inventory item you can pass down between generations? It's worth the 40k!
  • Mollza98Mollza98 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Millertime wrote:
    Nykee24 wrote:
    1. You can change the color of the fire in the fireplace!(Just click the fireplace, then Change color..)

2. You can change the color of lightbulbs!(Just click the lamp, then Change color..)My sims have all purple lights :)

You can change the color of streetlights too!

really? i'll have to try that later :D

ME TOO :mrgreen:
  • Mollza98Mollza98 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i like it ALL (:
  • LWARD09LWARD09 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    where is the "clean house" option and how does it work???
  • AndrewswanAndrewswan Posts: 42 New Member
    edited August 2009
    What does testingcheatsenabled true do?
  • Little_HaydenLittle_Hayden Posts: 171 New Member
    edited August 2009
    LWARD09 wrote:
    where is the "clean house" option and how does it work???

Your sim must have the "neat" trait, I believe.
    And if they do, when the house is dirty, (anything is dirty, dishes, unmade bed, old newspaper)
    Click the floor anywhere in the house and you should see "Go Here" and "Clean House"
    Click "Clean House" and they will clean everything dirty in the house.
  • xxmaddixxmaddi Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know that sims laptops are switched around? Like so:

[IMG]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/695/321/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=480 width=640"[/IMG]
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    plzr8mysim wrote:
    I might try it thanks!
  • gamergrrrlgamergrrrl Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Andrewswan wrote:

The main things it enables you to do are to pull up your Sims needs and their relationships with other Sims - don't worry, the other Sims realtionship with you will go up, too. Unlike in the Sims 2, though, you can't use it to pull up skills.

Also, if you shift click Sims, there are a couple of options, such as "Trigger Age Transition" (this makes it the Sims birthday), and on active, selected Sims, "Modify Active Traits", in which you can change the traits a Sim has.

Pretty awesome cheat... I'd say it's my favourite :)

On another note, which is not so much a "did you know" as a "what the hell"... my female Sim was still living with her dad - he's a single father. She invited her boyfriend over and asked him to sleep over. I was very disturbed that her boyfriend (who was friends with her dad, I must add) kept going and sleeping in her DAD'S bed... EVEN THOUGH HER DAD WAS ALREADY IN IT.

I kept telling him to stop it, and calling him over to my Sim's bed, but he kept going to sleep in the dad's bed. In the end, I kicked him out of the bed and had my Sim relax on it, until he went to sleep in her bed.

I was deeply disturbed, and wondering if anyone else had experience something like this.
  • simsfawn100simsfawn100 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Your supposed to get a seed from somewhere, but I could never find a seed...
    However I did find an Omni plant at the Lab that has the big dome by it. The Omni plant is in the fenced part by the lake (there is a gate you can go through to get to it).
    I have been feeding it "Outstanding" Vampire fish which you can also catch there after midnight...
    I then use those fish to fertlize the fruit of life plant and other plants to have "Outstanding" stuff produced to cook with.
    Using and outstanding deathfish and and a fruit of life to make ambrosia will give your sims a boost for days on end...really cool stuff
  • Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love that Sims will initiate relationships by themselves. My flirty Sim basically got her current boyfriend on her own with little prompting from me.
  • Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love that sims can initiate relationships on their own.
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited August 2009
    Andrewswan wrote:

You can adjust needs and if you click on mailbox,it gives you even more options.
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited August 2009
    Derella wrote:
    -If you hold the shift key while using the camera controls, it makes them move faster. ie: press shift while zooming in and out, press shift while scrolling the camera.

-If you're having trouble getting the right angle for a photo/painting, press and hold the right mouse button and move the mouse. It gives you more precise control over the camera.

Thanks for this tip. I take a lot of screen shots of the houses I build and it has been troublesome controlling the camera angle.

In Live mode you can also click the TAB button and it will go into cameraman view.Use x and z to zoom in and out and arrow keys to go from side to side,mouse to look around.
  • Sims3GirlyChicSims3GirlyChic Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    IVE LEARNED ALOT TOO MUCH TOO WRITE ADD ME AS A FRIEND AND MESSAGE ME OR SOMETHING AND I WILL TELL YOU!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: :roll: 8) :):) :?: :?: :?: :!:
  • Author_is_meAuthor_is_me Posts: 141 New Member
    edited August 2009
    .............wow.........you people sure know how to keep a thread going......
  • EstherwilliamsEstherwilliams Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bump
  • devonni92devonni92 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know...

Only the adults of the household can ask the guests to leave?

My kid had a friend over and couldn't ask her to leave, but the father could.