Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Adults to Elders Thread ♥ Simpoints on Page 25 & Page 50 ♥

Comments

• legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited August 2009
    I recently turned 34 and I'm married with an almost 17 year old daughter, two dogs, three cats, and three turtles. I Sim when I can, which turns out to be fairly often as both my husband and daughter are gamers.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, hate the bang, bang, drive, bang bang sort of games but, my grandkids love them.

I do play more than just Sims, Shayia is one of my other faves.

Aside form that and caring for the farm, I write fan fiction and short stories, ride horses, fish, hunt, swim and, I'm not bad at bulding and upgrading computers.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • djonas63djonas63 Posts: 1,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    zorba2357 wrote:
    berrypie27 wrote:
    cupcake wrote:
    anit1983 wrote:
    I'm 26, married and have two kids. I play at night when everyone else is asleep.

Yea that, except my hubby is up right next to me playing x box or one of his dorky games on the puter :lol:

Its the same way at my house. My husband and I have a 3 and a half year old, and I just found out I am pregnant with my second. After our son goes to bed, we sit next to each other and play our games. All the while, he is telling me how dumb my game is as I am telling him the same thing. 8)

Ahah My husband and I are the same way. He can't stand the sims and I can't stand SSBB. :lol:

oh well maybe this thread is dead but I thought I'd reply anyhow. Me and my husband and son, same thing. I think they are 1) jealous of any percieved threat to me giving them and their needs my undivided attention and 2) afraid of being seen playing a game that might be percieved as (gasp!) for Girls!

To me His game seems loud, boring and monotonous. He shoots things and then shoots some more things , the gunfire goes on and on and on, like an Arnold Shwartzennager movie. Every once in a while the scenario and vehicles change a bit, and then more gunfire, on and on and on.

Oh no, this thread will not die. I bump it every once in awhile and it comes back at the most unexpected times. My question today is how many of us old guys are out there? I only see a couple here and avatars are misleading.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    Oh gosh this thread scares me for some reason.

Hai old people. :3

Hai back at cha. From one of the oldies. Grammas love sims too.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Uhh I'm 36. 8)

I'm a work at home architect. And I designed the house I live in all by myself! I have three cars: a 1987 Porsche 911 Turbo, a 2008 Lexus GS450h, and a 2008 Infiniti M45x. I live with my two children and my two poodles, my wife is, to not be spoken of.
    That's all you need to know about me. 8)
    edited August 2009
    zorba2357 wrote:
    djonas63 wrote:
    Off topic sort of, since it does refer to being up there in age, but this had made me think about things in the past that some young ones here will never know.

When I was young we still had a black and white tv. What caused my father to finally break down and get a color one, which was still a big deal then. He ran out and bought a color tv so we could see Star Trek in color.

Years later, when I was in college, I moved in with him to save on money. All he had was a small black and white set. When STNG started, the night of the first show I gave him a new color set.

Oh that is so sweet! I remember being around 5 yrs old and watching the original star trek with my dad, on a black and white tv. I can't stand STNG for some reason but my husband loves it and Still sits there and watches the reruns. I LOVED the new movie however, can't wait for the next.

I don't know. I think I am going to have to see it again to decide. I like the new approach but just feel like something is missing.
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited August 2009
    Like another poster stated I have to make appointments to play. I haven't been able to play for a month but!! My hubby is going for a week and my son will be with his dad.....soooooo house all to myself! Simmies here I come!! :lol:
  • IdaNoReallyIdaNoReally Posts: 449 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have a daughter who just went over the hill in August. So does that make me buried under the hill somewhere? *paws her way out of the rubble*

I enjoy playing the Sims 3. I was trying to make a movie for the longest time. When I finished, I found out I kind of stink at machinima. I then tried to explain my plot with a few stories. I seem to be the only one who enjoys reading these stories. I know how they all end so it’s not that exciting now.

It was fun anyway and I did enjoy being creative for a second. If I wake up from a dream one day with a good machinima idea, I will go for it. After all that practice, there should be some cool camera angles in there somewhere.

I don't play as much now that the novelty has worn off unless it’s my day off. I do make a list of things I should be doing instead of playing the Sims. I look at the list occasionally, a twinge of guilt, and then I remember I can always start a new list tomorrow.

I like to help people out on the forum when I know a little about the question. However, Aaron usually beats me to it. She is everywhere all at once. I had to laugh when I read McBean was the thread killer. I think I might be encroaching on that title. It is good to have the last word, even if it was in the form of a question.

• IdaNoReallyIdaNoReally Posts: 449 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Zeri wrote:
    omg i loved lemmings and kings quest lol

that game got me SO frustrated :P

I love Kings Quest. Six was my all time favorite. I should try to make Alexander and Cassima Sim. Did you know about the fan based: the silver lining? It might be released someday. It has been in the works for several years.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey, grandmas and GREAT grandmas can play, my grandaughter had a baby girl, Jedimiah, about an hour ago so, I'm officially a great grandma. (okay so she's my step grand child technically- she still counts)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have a daughter who just went over the hill in August. So does that make me buried under the hill somewhere? *paws her way out of the rubble*

I enjoy playing the Sims 3. I was trying to make a movie for the longest time. When I finished, I found out I kind of stink at machinima. I then tried to explain my plot with a few stories. I seem to be the only one who enjoys reading these stories. I know how they all end so it’s not that exciting now.

It was fun anyway and I did enjoy being creative for a second. If I wake up from a dream one day with a good machinima idea, I will go for it. After all that practice, there should be some cool camera angles in there somewhere.

I don't play as much now that the novelty has worn off unless it’s my day off. I do make a list of things I should be doing instead of playing the Sims. I look at the list occasionally, a twinge of guilt, and then I remember I can always start a new list tomorrow.

I like to help people out on the forum when I know a little about the question. However, Aaron usually beats me to it. She is everywhere all at once. I had to laugh when I read McBean was the thread killer. I think I might be encroaching on that title. It is good to have the last word, even if it was in the form of a question.

Hey , I have so many Lists of things "To Do" that my lists need a list! And here I sit. (O.K. so I did actually clean the bathroom today for reals and do the grocery shopping) .
    If you enjoy making movies, stories, or machinima then go for it. Who cares if someone else likes it? I have never made any of those myself. But I did kind-of get into building houses , especially in the sims 2. Started out with sims 1 . At first I wasn't so hot at it. I noticed my son was a much more talented architect. But after awhile and through the sims2 I noticed I'd improved at it a lot. I especially enjoyed making community lots for sims2 and uploading them to exchange. I downloaded a lot of lots that were gorgeous. Some of them Looked so impressive but weren't really fun to play as mainly they were too Big, or cluttered , or complicated. I always playtested mine and tried to make them simple but cool. Haven't uploaded any lots to sims3 yet, I'm working on one , but the furniture customization might take forever! I love Ruthless_kk victorians though, they are beautiful but look simple enough to be fun to live in.
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh my. If that's over the hill I must be dead and don't know it.

OMG! Your comment cracked me up. I was thinking if 25 is “over-the-hill” then I’m doomed.
    edited August 2009
    Hey, grandmas and GREAT grandmas can play, my grandaughter had a baby girl, Jedimiah, about an hour ago so, I'm officially a great grandma. (okay so she's my step grand child technically- she still counts)

Congratulations, great grandma! I am not a grandma yet ( I really want to be one though!) . But I am actually a "step" grandma also, times 3. And the 2 yr old gives new meaning to "terrible twos" that's for sure.
    edited August 2009
    Don’t think Sims 3 has taken over my life but I do play it. I tend to play it when the rest of the family is doing something too. And like some have mentioned I tend to be here more then in the game itself. What’s up with that?

Anyway, in my home the game becomes a competition of sorts with my son. He always wants to out best his mommy in the Sim world. So if I’m playing he wants to run and play too in order to tell me his Sims are doing better…blah blah.
    edited August 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    No one in my family near or distant is into computers or gaming except for me and my 12 yr. old son, who still loves playing TS2 the best. He and I love sharing about all the funny things our Sims do. We pick new music together off of iTunes to put into our games. He thinks his mom has cool taste in music. He is a drummer and also a very creative story teller and has big dreams to becoming a film writer or director.

Oh wow, you and your son sound like me and my son. BTW our sons are around the same age. : )
  • Chop119Chop119 Posts: 1,928 Member
    edited August 2009
    To the ones who were talking about shooting games:

They're the best games out there! :P
    Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield 1943, etc.

Who doesn't love shooting it up? Wait, that sounds like something a drug addict would say.

What do you people have against shooter games? :(
    edited August 2009
    Chop119 wrote:
    To the ones who were talking about shooting games:

They're the best games out there! :P
    Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield 1943, etc.

Who doesn't love shooting it up? Wait, that sounds like something a drug addict would say.

What do you people have against shooter games? :(

Nothing against it really. It was just a Response to my husband and son criticizing my sim obsession :P . I'm not really into games to be honest. To me the sims is more of a creative outlet or tool with endless possibilities. The shooter games involve strategy which just doesn't really interest me. But to each his or her own. Although I have to say, having to listen to the sound of machine guns in your living room all day can become a bit annoying! :-o
  • tms272002tms272002 Posts: 686 New Member
    edited August 2009
    For now yes, I am currently looking for another job,(the one I have now :evil: )
    So between saving, I look for jobs. :thumbup:
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh my. If that's over the hill I must be dead and don't know it.

OMG! Your comment cracked me up. I was thinking if 25 is “over-the-hill” then I’m doomed.

When I read the 25 part I almost fell off my chair. I have two sons that would be considered over the hill at that age.

To the person writing about shooter games. My sons and grandsons love those but I'm into something a little calmer. Like sims.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • BallaroseBallarose Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi. Another Grandma here who loves the SIMS and play it constantly. I created my grandaughters lives for them on SIMS 3 (they are 9 and 7)with their simselves and they have a blast. Especially going to the fridge and eating ice cream whenever they want lol. The nine year old got a little peeved when she had to go to the gym and work off the excess weight :lol:. I think SIMS would make an excellent family therapy tool. It's amazing what I learn about the girls when they are playing SIMS at my house.
    edited August 2009
    Ballarose wrote:
    I think SIMS would make an excellent family therapy tool. It's amazing what I learn about the girls when they are playing SIMS at my house.

Gad, then I’d want to know what the game says about my son as he loves to ‘trap’ his Sims (in Sims2) and burn them or some other mode of horror when he’s bored of them. :shock:
    edited August 2009
    up you go.
    edited August 2009
    Time for another go around.
    edited August 2009
    O.K. djonas I'll bite since no one else is. It's not really on subject but it's on my mind. I uploaded my new avatar. It took me 3 days to figure out how to get her uploaded to the site. If you use a sim you have already played, even just a little and then give her a makeover in CAS and reupload her it will fail as an upload. I finally realized that and went back and picked the sim from my CAS bin that was the original one I'd created , gave her the same makeover and she uploaded easily to the site. I haven't quite decided if she's pretty or ugly, or a little of both! But I love her because she is a re-make of my favorite sim from sims2.
    So far I think she looks best with short red hair, but thought the purple hair and makeup was different. Totally off-topic. And she's Evil. One thing I noticed about the ev-il trait, whenever she does something like take a walk it's not just a walk- it's an ev-il walk. And when she eats lunch it's an Evil lunch etc. Where did they get that? Austin Powers? It gets a little annoying. I suppose then if your sim has the "good" trait when they eat lunch they eat a "good" lunch and so forth?
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    MsCocoa30 wrote:
    CharR595 wrote:
    I'm 51 and played all the Sims, even beta tested Sims Online. I've played lots of games like Ultima Online, Everquest and WoW, but hubby and kids take priority and I find it's easier to play games like Sims 3 on my time, which is late at night. I too have found myself glancing at the clock and it's 5am! Kids are grown now, but I still find it a habit to play late. I enjoy this game, especially since I just got a new pc and I'm looking forward to any expansion packs that are released. Add me if you'd like, I am a friendly Simmer! :)

Small world, I was a beta tester for TSO too...:)

very small world, i also was a beta tester for tso. Just aged up again, gosh it seems like time flys when your haveing fun.. 57 now, and I play sims3 alot and wow alot. they take turns after my tiny house is cleaned, which takes all of 5 seconds. I live in an rv, lol, small cute and easy to clean. my sims live in mansions a dream of what will never be. Still I enjoy life, and family, and fun. fun. fun. :D