Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They aren't making any more Sims games after the Sims 3??

Comments

• Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I ahve a gut feeling that the sims 4 if the make one will be an mmo. I just ahving a feeling. Lets hope i'm wrong if the make a sims 4. I don't really want them to.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited June 2012
    Whilst I am not totally against a The Sims 4 there is still so much that can be done with TS3 that I hope it isn't released until late 2014 at the earliest. Plus with the amount of money I have spent on EPs, SPs and The Store especially I am in no hurry to give that all up, so I would probably end up staying with TS3 as would a lot of others I would imagine. I hope EA continue to work on The Sim 3 for a long time yet, it's still making them a lot of money so I see no reason why not
  • Options
    KatelynRocksKatelynRocks Posts: 355 Member
    edited June 2012
    Personally I kind of hope they don't make Sims 4. The only thing it could really add that would make it better than Sims 3 is better interactions and more sub-neighborhoods. Unless they put the basic features in the base game such as pets, weather, and dating, etc, then people will just be waiting for that stuff all over again. No thanks. I'd rather they just improve Sims 3 than start a whole new version.

I completely agree :D If they do make a Sims4 i really hope it wont be an MMO :!:
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    When talking about sims 4 there is one thing to keep in mind

EA likes money! Sims is a money maker! So unless they make EP's for sims 3 for years to go than they will move to sims 4.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited June 2012
    They make tons of money off the sims. I seriously doubt they'd give up such a lucrative franchise.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited June 2012
    I love how everyone who wants a Sims 4 is like "And they're going to put pets and weather and all of the other big expansions in the base game and it's going to be so much better and blah blah blah" But no. It won't have those things. And you are still going to complain about what it's missing from the other games. And people need to realize this.

EA, or any game company really, would never put the biggest money making packs in the base game. If they did, you better not be expecting the $50 base game like we had for Sims 3. It's going to cost a LOT more.

People always start speculating and getting their hopes up and then ranting about how none of it came true. And really? It's their own fault. If you get your hopes up before ANYTHING has even been confirmed, you are at fault for your disappointments.

I would also like to see them stop after Sims 3. It would take something pretty big and awesome to get me to buy a Sims 4. And with all of the people who come on here every day saying "I'm done!" I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way. A Sims 4 would have just as many glitches. Just as many things that you don't like.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2012
    . Also if sims 4 is an online game I won't be buying it.

This.

I want to TS3 has at least 10 expansion, before we get TS4. And I hope that TS4 will come out on the disc. If not, I will not buy it.
  • Options
    dweldydweldy Posts: 90
    edited June 2012
    I personally don't need Sims 4. I need basic stuff which should have been in Sims 3 from day one. Like diving boards for example. Here we are 6 EP and 6 SP later and still no diving boards. How hard can that be? And is more than one style of men's socks too much to ask? A cupcake bra we can get but no socks. (walks away muttering incoherently)
  • Options
    Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well, if there's a Sims 4 I'm not buying it. I'm losing too much shelf space to all the EPs, especially the Sims 2. Those cases they came in are twice as large as the cases Sims 3 stuff comes in.
    Also EA tends to like screwing their customers over. Remember SecuRom?
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2012
    I read that like 4 different places on this forum. Is it true? After the Sims 3 is done, EA isn't making any more?

I'm confused.....

Truth is you cannot believe everything you hear unless it is official news from official people who would know that information because they work for the company in that certain division.

It is said that one of the SimGuru's posted on Twitter some time ago saying TS4 has begun. Whether it was from an actual SimGuru or not I do not know, I did not see it.

But in my opinion, I think they will continue with TS series and spin-offs for as long as gamers are interested and plays.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2012
    My heart just dropped. If this is true I'll be so sad.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2012
    And these 4 people know this how...??

Just wait until someone from EA says anything. We can speculate all we want, doesn't mean what we say is true or false:
    In Sims 4 they'll be purple dragons and green Pikachus running about all over the place, it'll be online and you must begin your game as Katy Perry.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    djBacardidjBacardi Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think EA got tired of people complaining about not having “Seasons” in the Forums and decided to dump The Sims Series and give the fans what they really want, a “Weather Simulator”. :twisted:
  • Options
    XangstyXbutXawsumXXangstyXbutXawsumX Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2012
    All this sims 4 talk is actually starting to frustrate me. haven't we spent enough on the expansion and stuff packs? haven't our computers had enough abuse? I've followed the sims sine the first one and honestly i hope they fix and update this last one and stop the series. My opinion on video game sequels is the same opinion i have on movie sequels: too many and it will start to suck. eventually they'll run out of ideas and keep repeating ideas over and over again until people first start comparing it to older versions and then ridicule it on how ridiculously recycled its gotten. After the sims 3 i don't want to see any more Sims sequels.

But of course that's only my opinion.
  • Options
    x_mynameisangelx_mynameisangel Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I agree with many of you who do and don't want the series to end. I think that if the series did a come to a end, then a separate company would have to pick up a different/similar concept of the Sims though. Same concept and came out on disk and had people who wanted to improve and do what EA didn't do.

Some of aa'll are talking about "not buying a Sim MMO". Most MMO's are ONLINE! You either download it or play it in your window, so I don't understand what any of you mean by that? I would try out the MMO out of pure curiosity - which many of you would do.
  • Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2012
    Registrant:
    Electronic Arts Inc.
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    US
    Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com
    Domain Name: thesims4.com
    Created on..............: Wed, Apr 09, 2003
    Expires on..............: Tue, Apr 09, 2013
    Record last updated on..: Thu, Apr 05, 2012

Looking up thesims4.com
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Pill wrote:
    Registrant:
    Electronic Arts Inc.
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    US
    Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com
    Domain Name: thesims4.com
    Created on..............: Wed, Apr 09, 2003
    Expires on..............: Tue, Apr 09, 2013
    Record last updated on..: Thu, Apr 05, 2012

Looking up thesims4.com

Doesn't EA have their domain names registered all the way up to thesims10.com? Doesn't mean they're making all those. They're just holding them in case they need them, so no one else snatches them up.
  • Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited June 2012
    And yet, Sims 4 will come. Maybe not this year...or the next year, but it will come. It's the way or video games and movies these days. My age group (the youth) don't like seeing things come to an end, and companies are happy to oblige with constant money-makers.

Yes, as long as the world is still turning, there will be a new Sims game in the horizon. I just wish the power could be taken back from those idiots at EA and given to Maxis. Every time EA gets its hands into something, they start ******* people off. *cough* Mass Effect *cough*

Lol it does seem that way doesn't it? I completely agree about how our generation (Millennials born btwn 1980-2000) doesn't like seeing a good series end. I'd pay to see a continuation of Mass Effect and the Sims even if they're in the hands of EA. I just hope they continue trying to make the best game possible and not rush things in the future.
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm not sure what the extent of Sims 4 it might be like the Sims 3.. will it will require you to be online to access the DLC from the store but overall im pretty sure the base game will be offline single player
  • Options
    iloveyouplziloveyouplz Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    the only reason The Sims Online was a 'fail' was because they released it at the same time as there was The Sims 2
  • Options
    NIKKYNOKNIKKYNOK Posts: 269 New Member
    edited June 2012
    When talking about sims 4 there is one thing to keep in mind

EA likes money! Sims is a money maker! So unless they make EP's for sims 3 for years to go than they will move to sims 4.

Awww i love ur signature ikkle bunny wabbit :D:mrgreen:
  • Options
    laelae86laelae86 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Whilst I am not totally against a The Sims 4 there is still so much that can be done with TS3 that I hope it isn't released until late 2014 at the earliest. Plus with the amount of money I have spent on EPs, SPs and The Store especially I am in no hurry to give that all up, so I would probably end up staying with TS3 as would a lot of others I would imagine. I hope EA continue to work on The Sim 3 for a long time yet, it's still making them a lot of money so I see no reason why not

I agree. I've spent so much money on The Sims 3 that it will be the only Sims game that I will play for a long time even if Sims 4 comes out.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited June 2012
    I do fear sims 4 would be an mmo -_________-

sim city 5 is an online only game

so im pretty sure they would try to do the same thing for sims 4 if they do produce it

(Just saying) - SimCity 5 isn't online only, you have a choice to play offline if you wish.

And I hope The Sims 4 isn't online either, and I don't think it will be, (or at least I hope).
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited June 2012
    I for one would not want to buy the sims 4 if it comes out as an mmo game. I play WoW and that is a MMO game. WoW started as an MMo, the sims started out as a single-player game and should stay like that. In an MMO game, your characters DO NOT age up and get married and have a family. All you do in an MMO game is quest all the time and do raids. My husband plays other MMO games and that's all he does is quest or do raids.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited June 2012
    @StarlingGray I definitely agree with you. I'd hate to see Sims 4

I agree with her too. And mainly because we have to wait years to get the same stuff that made the gameplay better to begin with. It's annoying. Sims 3 is out what 3 years now and we're just gettting back many of the same items that we got in Sims 2 through ST. We still don't have a diving board (WTH???) etc etc.

My Sims 2 stopped working right after Mansion & Garden stuff and wouldn't play. I think it was that dreaded Securom drama.

I'm scared for Sims 4 because I'm afraid Sims 3 will suddenly "not work" anymore.

Sims 4 really needs to come with an upgrade to graphics, and alot of EP stuff in the base game so that we really want a reason. I don't want to wait a year to go to clubs and bars. I don't want to wait 2 years to have a cat or dog. I don't wanna wait 3 years for Seasons.

I really think Sims 4 needs to come with Seasons & Weather, the "LN/NL/HD" themeed EP and Pets should be the first or second EP. AND we need alot of the base objects. That's what I've hated about Sims 3. Waiting to have the stuff we always had in our games. We are serious bout our simmming, EA needs to recognize this.