Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Argus From The Live Chat is A Total Babe

Comments

• Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't believe you guys are keeping this thread alive and on the first page! :oops:

I think it's awesome that you've made a Legacy Challenge as well!

I saw a while back there were some questions that popped up, but lost them in the hustle and bustle of things. I've got a little bit more time now so if you'd like to compile some questions to ask me (let's keep it PG :wink:,) I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks again for being great!

o.o
    tumblr_m2b7zsK3em1qh415f.gif
  • elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited June 2012
    :shock: :lol: :oops:
  • ladynirrtiladynirrti Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    Seer144 wrote:
    tumblr_m2b7zsK3em1qh415f.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    edited June 2012
    Just thought of a question for you Argus:

Are the other SimGurus at work giving you a hard time because of all this fan attention? :lol:
  • ZoeyFredrikZoeyFredrik Posts: 485 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't believe you guys are keeping this thread alive and on the first page! :oops:

I saw a while back there were some questions that popped up, but lost them in the hustle and bustle of things. I've got a little bit more time now so if you'd like to compile some questions to ask me (let's keep it PG :wink:,) I'd be happy to answer them.

:mrgreen::mrgreen: YAY! This made my day! I think ladynirrti and epigirl08, got a good list of basic questions going on. (Since we must keep PG :wink: :oops: ) And I would also like to know
    elle0808 wrote:
    Are the other SimGurus at work giving you a hard time because of all this fan attention? :lol:

Long live the Manwitch! :D
  • AlveryAlvery Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I thought he meant questions about the game. I guess that means my brain is deep fried today!
    I will say this though; I heard Manwitch and thought of Manwhich, the old sloppy joe mix. And then I pictured poor Argus eating a sloppyjoe and being totally repulsed by it.
    My brains trolls me from time to time, much apologies :)
  • ladynirrtiladynirrti Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    Update :)

Violet is pregnant
    Screenshot-111.jpg

Argus is now in the Fire Fighter career
    Screenshot-113.jpg

Screenshot-118.jpg
    Screenshot-121.jpg

Baby Argus Jr
    Screenshot-122.jpg
  • Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2012
    This thread is too funny :lol:

I hope for Argus' sake he's this popular with the ladies when he's not on this site 8)
  • Belliflowers3Belliflowers3 Posts: 560 Member
    edited June 2012

tumblr_lnknj4gmWH1qg0osu.gif

Hello, argus. : D
    edited June 2012
    I thought he meant questions about the game. I guess that means my brain is deep fried today!

lol. That's totally understandable. Though he said 'lets keep it PG', so I'm assuming it doesn't have to be game-related, but does have to be...tame :lol:
    edited June 2012
    elle0808 wrote:

lol. That's totally understandable. Though he said 'lets keep it PG', so I'm assuming it doesn't have to be game-related, but does have to be...tame :lol:

In which case I shouldn't speak....roar. Lol. RAWR!!!
  • SweetieTartletSweetieTartlet Posts: 37
    edited June 2012
    Argus "Manwitch" Hulin, the Sims 3 Supernatural Assistant Producer (from the live chat) is totally awesome.

Argusmeme-2.jpg
    ^By epigirl08

He brought the humour... He brought the Man Witch.

He is friendly, funny, hunky, and produces our favourite video game! If anyone had a relationship with him, it would be supernatural indeed.

Who is with me on this?? :mrgreen: He needs a fan club.

Argus' MyPage: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SimGuruArgus
    Argus Simself (made by AznSensei) : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5949081
    Argus Simself (made by Argus) : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5271414

manwitch3.png
    ^By exotickitten

manwitchvsmanwich.jpg
    ^By epigirl08

By popular demand, an Argus Fanclub has been formed! Special thanks to AznSensei for kindly putting this list together.

1. AznSensei
    2. SteveInMotion
    3. Seer144
    4. okester
    5. Alnairan
    6. SikSouthernTink
    7. Shannichol
    8. thedoglover
    9. kay1shelby2
    10. hannmacy
    11. LadyArora
    12. LizNuique
    13. tcb347
    14. RAE2786
    15. blazerntq
    16. Lakross
    17. Pill
    18. lizbethbear
    19. MadiCullen
    20. Halle_M
    21. Vadeil
    22. exotickitten
    23. KHS12
    24. SimGuruBritt (Revoked her membership after Argus passed off his assignments to her.)
    25. Phantomrose90
    26. music_obsessed
    27. SimGuruSNelson
    28. SimGuruFourEyes
    29. piccprincess
    30. happyjme
    31. fontainne
    32. sshaw1
    33. RictherX
    34. epigirl08
    35. VamPanda
    36. MilutinMujovic
    37. ladynirrti
    38. Stumbleduck
    39. DarkGamer7
    40. Silverwerehog
    41. wickedjr89
    42. pinkknight06
    43. Jennygirl
    44. n00biityo
    45. Thomas_906
    46. DarrellRBeebe
    47. cherid87120
    48. Msrednotdead

kiss.png
    Hey all you Simmers out there! I want to start off by saying, “Wow!” To say I’m flattered would be an understatement. :wink: I’m pretty sure I’ve been blushing since this thread has been posted. My coworkers have done a great job of reminding me what the current count is as well.

I agree that my SimSelf isn’t nearly as good as AznSensei’s and there is a huge amount of props that needs to be sent that way! I made mine when I had a spare minute while working on Showtime but never got around to updating my Avatar.

Anywho, it’s been pretty busy around here but I just wanted to swing by and say THANK YOU all for your support as well as your enthusiasm about Supernatural! You are truly the BEST fans out there! I hope you guys have as much fun playing on it as we did working on it.

Oh, and one more thing… Long Live the ManWitch! :D

OHHH SIGN ME UP FOR THE FANCLUB
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think Argus is hotter than the time Hank Goddard caught on fire. But I really am interested in the fairies. I have never been a big fan of fairies but SN makes them look cool. Can you tell us if more info about them will be out before the game?
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
  • SimGuruArgusSimGuruArgus Posts: 5 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2012
    Apologies in advance for the wordy reply; I tend to digress a bit. Hopefully I have answered all of the questions you currently have. I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the future, but feel free to pester and I'll try to get to them. Enjoy! :D

1st Batch

So, I'm not really the type to have favorites. My favorite things are usually my top choice of what I have seen/experienced lately. Sometimes though, there are those gems that just have the standing power to hold up.

Fav song - Nick Drake - Day is Done has been one of my favorite songs for some time now. Another great one that's popped up recently is The Black Keys - Little Black Submarines. These change on a pretty regular cadence, but they never really go out of style in my book.

Fav music genre - I would say I'm probably an alternative kind of guy, but I really listen to a lot of different stuff as well. Depending on my mood or what I feel like listening to, I can go anywhere from classic rock to Daft Punk/House Music to Beck to some old timey blues (like Sonny Boy Williamson) to original soundtracks from Anime (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, etc.)

Fav expansion pack - Supernatural! I know it is kind of mean to say since it's not out yet, but I really did have a good time working on it. There's a lot of stuff here and the town reminds me of growing up in the Northwest. There's lots of fun stuff in there and the overall feel seems really cohesive with the entire theme.

Fav stuff pack - I'm a fan of the High End Loft SP. Given that it's a bit more techy and modern, it felt like a great addition to what was already in BG and other EPs.

Are you a member of a fan club?! - I'm actually not a member of the fan club! I don't want to create some paradoxical rift that ends up reversing the polarity of the Earth or anything. Heh, in all honesty though, I didn't think about it and usually am not one to toot my own horn :P

Did you expect to get so many fans?! - I really had no expectation of having any friends at all. Man, oh man, was I caught off guard!

2nd Batch

Fav movie - Hrmmmm, I'm not really sure on this one. I watch a lot of movies (more recent than classics,) so all the new Blockbusters that are coming out are pretty great. Really looking forward to the new Batman. I'm a pretty big fan of just about all the superhero or mutant movies. I do like things that are a little bit different though such as Wristcutters or the Brothers Bloom. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Trollhunter and movies like Kung Fu Hustle were also pretty great.

Fav show - The American version of the office is always entertaining and lately I've found myself watching Breaking Bad. I really don't watch too much TV though and in the past watched more Anime than I do now. Some of my favs were Hajime No Ippo, Scryed, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo.

Fav food - When most people go to college, you usually hear of them surviving off of Ramen or Hot Pockets. When I went, I usually found myself living off of pancakes. Even now, I could probably still eat them for just about every meal, so I would probably go with that.

Fav color - A nice dark green or storm grey.

How do you spend your time when you’re not working on the game? - There hasn't been too much of that time lately, but I recently have been unshackled from my desk. Sweet, sweet freedom! I usually spend the majority of my time playing games or watching recent releases to DVD. As of late, I was playing one of the highly anticipated games that came out for PC, but got pretty bored of it. I also like to spend as much time as possible with my girlfriend and also like to stay active by either hitting the gym or throwing the football/Frisbee with her.

How he became a guru and what made him choose to work for EA? - So you want the back story huh? Well, I'll give you the quick and dirty version, but we can elaborate more in the future if you'd like. I actually started working at EA as a tester for a game that wasn't released. After a while, people came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth finishing and it was cancelled. At that point, I went back to work rolling sushi for a little bit until I got an offer about coming back as a Producer to work on the Sims. I jumped on that (beginning of Showtime) and have been on the team ever since. It took a lot of hard work and dedication, but now I'm here and I don't plan on leaving! :P

What did you work on in showtime? - When I was working on Showtime I was overseeing a lot of the furniture objects as well as some fun ones like the Mechanical Bull, the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor, some of the stage effect objects and the DJ Turntables to name a few.

Aaannnnddd....
    Petition to be a part of every live chat! - I can definitely attempt to, but with the way all of the schedules intertwine, I can't make any promises at this current juncture. :(

3rd one

I have never been a big fan of fairies but SN makes them look cool. Can you tell us if more info about them will be out before the game? - Fairies are cool! There's a lot more info that should be coming up on them either via live chats or blog posts. Keep a lookout for the latest and greatest and we'll try and answer your questions.
  • YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    'AY!! Add me to the fan club :D. Argus is so purdy... *drools, dreamy-eyed expression*
    3rd one

I have never been a big fan of fairies but SN makes them look cool. Can you tell us if more info about them will be out before the game? - Fairies are cool! There's a lot more info that should be coming up on them either via live chats or blog posts. Keep a lookout for the latest and greatest and we'll try and answer your questions.

I'm *really really* excited for the fairies! The fact that you helped create them? Brownie points. Totally going to be a creeper and add your Simself to my game, then turn him into a fairy once SN comes out. I see fairy babies in the future... >.>... <.<... *shifty-eyed look*
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh, look how sweet he is. 8) He came by to answer all our questions. :mrgreen: Thanks, hun! Did you have to mention the gf though? :twisted: :lol:

There are a few in there I like to. :D And a few I am forced to like because I have sons. (They can't wait for the new Spider Man.)
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited June 2012
    Awesome answers (and so detailed lol). I especially agree with the hero/mutant movies part :mrgreen: Now how do I get a job as a game tester? Seeing as you made it sound so easy lol.

And I'm still wondering how much of a hard time you're getting about all this from the other SimGuru's at work, Argus? (Seeing as you conveniently avoided my question :lol: ). (I'm sure it was just an oversight :wink: ...right? )
    edited June 2012
    It's official. He's forbidden fruit.....but the thou-shall-not-touch rule just went out the window. :twisted:
  • StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Seer144 wrote:
    It's official. He's forbidden fruit.....but the thou-shall-not-touch rule just went out the window. :twisted:

That just made me die laughing

:lol:
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    When will people learn from history? Women can't comprehend forbidden when it comes to delicious edible fruits. :twisted:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • SimGuruArgusSimGuruArgus Posts: 5 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2012
    And I'm still wondering how much of a hard time you're getting about all this from the other SimGuru's at work, Argus? (Seeing as you conveniently avoided my question ). (I'm sure it was just an oversight ...right? )

Ha, definitely an oversight. They were having quite the go of it last week, but it seems to have died down quite a bit this week. There was a couple of Photoshop attempts as well as a picture that resurfaced from my past dawning a new, pretty pink font. It was all in good fun though and I was laughing along. :lol:
  • StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Well I think I can speak for everyone that we are glad you are taking our admiration in good humour. It should be an honour for you to know that all around the world there are men and women willing to kidnap you and lock you in their closets in the name of love.

BTW Can we see this picture with the pretty pink font? =D
    edited June 2012
    Well I think I can speak for everyone that we are glad you are taking our admiration in good humour. It should be an honour for you to know that all around the world there are men and women willing to kidnap you and lock you in their closets in the name of love.

BTW Can we see this picture with the pretty pink font? =D

This.
    edited June 2012
    :lol: I def wanna see these photoshop attempts. And thanks for answering my q :mrgreen:
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2012
    It's great to see you joining in the forum Argus. And thanks for answering these questions. We like to get to know about you guys that make our favorite game. :-D