Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't play because of Graphics card?

I have been playing The Sims 3 almost since it has been out on my laptop. Just yesterday I downloaded the extra town, I don't know if that's what caused the problem but now I can't play the game. It says: Device 0 cannot run this *****. No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware.

I do not know what to do about this...can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks :-)

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    Post your Dxdiag, instructions for getting it are at the top of this forum if you need them.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Please post a DxDiag report. This will provide possible helpers with more information on your system. :)

Instructions on how to get this can be found here:
    https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21325
  • emily01509emily01509 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    its saved but i have no idea how to post it to this topic. how do i do that?
  • DANIW523DANIW523 Posts: 782 New Member
    edited August 2009
    copy the text and paste it here
    edited August 2009
    i cant copy/paste the system information under the "System" tab in the "DirectX Diagonstic Tool" window...
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    Chose save all information, that creates a text file from which you can copy and paste.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There should be a button labled:

Save All Information.... or similar.

Click it.

Save to a text file on your desktop.

Open the text file

Edit > Select All

Copy/Paste
    edited December 2009
    Is this it? :
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi,

According to SimGuru_BGY_11, the Sims 3 game does not (officially) support nonstandard screen resolutions - such as widescreen - at this time. You may want to change to a different screen resolution and see if that helps.

According to your DXDiag report, your video device is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset and its drivers are dated 3/6/2008. I would suggest getting new drivers from the Dell website if there are any available.

I would also advise updating your Vista OS to the latest service pack, which can be done via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!