Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ambrosia didn't work .......

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited July 2009
    LOL I am going to have to try dropping Ambrosia off in the graveyard. It's so over crowded now I'm ready to scream! LOL It is kind of hard to fish for deathfish with 30 + ghosts wanting to scare you.
    I have never tried Ambrosia on a playable ghost. I might have to do that if I ever have one again.
  • Options
    Cher123825Cher123825 Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey love the Michael Jackson picture. We're going to miss him.

I was not sure what the ambrosia did, I thought it made them younger if they ate it. I miss the green water bottle in Sims 2. I also took at headstone to the lab. It was ok but.. the howling got on my nerves. They were good baby sitters though. LOL
    I finally took their headstone back to the graveyard. Someone aid something on another thread about maybe having ghost babies. Has anyone tried it?

I was told to go to the river by the graveyard to catch the death fish. This is in Riverview after midnight. He went once but didn't catch one.
    The wife has 9 in cooking and working on the gardening.

What does the Angel food cake do. I made one but, nothing different happen. Is it suppose to?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2009
    Ambroisa has worked every single time for my ghosts and their ghost kids - and in all cases though only worked on the ghosts once they were ressurected by the science Center. Ambrosia only aged them back to the start of their age before the science Center ressurected.

All I know about it was both the death fish and the life fruit had to be considered "Perfect". The ghosts had to be playable and at the start of their age. All their needs had to be green except for hunger. And the ambrosia had to be made one dish at a time. It cannot be made under Serve "ambrosia" it had to be made under "have" ambrosia. I made my main ghost have all the levels (10 for fishing) 8 for gardening, and 10 for cooking. He had the green thumb trait and the green thumb award, as well as angling trait, and natural cook trait. He caught the perfect death fish. He grew the perfect life fruit. (By the way he also had a couple of death flowers in his inventory and they were not affected by his change - as they were still there after he became alive) Finally I had him "have ambrosia", he ate it, floated up, saw fireworks and went normal skin color. Then I instructed him to have ambrosia again, only I stopped him from eating it, and called his ghost daughter to the table. She too turned. Finally I had him do the same for his son. Like clockwork, the boy turned too.

I have since repeated the process in two other households, and have had no problem in turning them.

Only in one new household I have a problem as it was a downloaded house with a ghost mom and baby, with a living dad, as she does not have the traits and it seemed she never can grow the perfect life fruit or catch the perfect death fish. I finally have the reward points to buy the midlife crisis thing, so I can change her traits, but I haven't done that yet. So I'm hoping this is what is preventing the change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2009
    kcpz wrote:
    LeahxRIx8 wrote:
    The only thing I wonder about is that she had a death flower in her inventory at the time. It's gone now. I wonder if that messed things up.

Seems like that'd be the problem. I've never try it before, but it seems the logical answer? :XD:

oh wow kcpz where did u learn about that emoticon :XD: is it a sercret??

sorry to go OT. I don't know anything about ambrosia ::-/:
  • Options
    Peace__007Peace__007 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There must be a glitch :cry:

I've tried ambrosia on playable ghosts about three times and it all worked perfectly, i even used it to reset my sims's ages twice

I had "Testingcheatsenabled true" and neither the death fish or life fruit were Perfect ... i think

You should send a help request to EA ... it is the last link at the top right of this site :|
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    kerby414kerby414 Posts: 1,188 New Member
    edited September 2010
    my Sim emptied the cemetery.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Magoo1111Magoo1111 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i am glad you all know bout this ambrosia thing i have been trying to find the fruit and have not been able 2. WHERE DO YOU PEPS GOT THE FRUIT FROM?
  • Options
    KimberleyFerrowKimberleyFerrow Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Magoo1111 wrote:
    i am glad you all know bout this ambrosia thing i have been trying to find the fruit and have not been able 2. WHERE DO YOU PEPS GOT THE FRUIT FROM?

You can get the life fruit from the grave yard. Its on the right-hand side of the brick wall, and only go for SPECIAL seeds only. You can get the Money tree, Flame Fruit bush, and Death flower bush as well as the life fruit. You can use the fertilizer to help speed it up. I think thats what it did anyway.

Unfortunatley my ambrosia didn't work for my simself, husband and their teenghost son Uri. And I took them all to the science facility. doh! Well, at least their youngest ghostbaby Jasper can become alive. Their eldest child Kimberley, who is alive along with two other siblings, spent all that time of fishing for nothing. Well, except for Jasper that is, when he's a child.
  • Options
    shortstuff4shortstuff4 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't want to bring a ghost back to life...the come in sooooo many colours it's kinda cool to have a house full of different coloured ghosts!

And another thing thats cool is that if you get a ghost to have a child the baby is a ghost and can return to the netherworld if you don't like the baby.BUTif you get a teenage child / teen ghost they don't have to go to school because where the school thiny would be on the bar it says....
    there are no schools avaliable in theis area so they can party in the house all day!!! :-P :P :twisted: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shortstuffxxx
  • Options
    dymoncandy101dymoncandy101 Posts: 5 New Member
    So you guys. I was trying to bring back my sim with ambrosia too and nothing happened, my sim was still a ghost. HOWEVER the try for a baby option came back and the first time she failed to get pregnant. BUT when I tried again she turned back solid! No more ghost sim. I hope this solves the problem for someone!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @dymoncandy101: I truly hope no one was having this problem for nine years straight.

Also sometimes the game lags with removing the hidden traits from supernatural sims when they're cured/a ghost eating ambrosia.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    So you guys. I was trying to bring back my sim with ambrosia too and nothing happened, my sim was still a ghost. HOWEVER the try for a baby option came back and the first time she failed to get pregnant. BUT when I tried again she turned back solid! No more ghost sim. I hope this solves the problem for someone!

@dymoncandy101, I do believe that you're playing TS4 as I'm seeing posts that you've made in the past in the TS4 section. And if that is the case, then you might want to post this solution over in that section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2009... ;)
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2018
    Hello!

As this thread is over 9 years old, I'm closing it down. Here are some helpful threads for new users to post questions in.

If you need help and it's an issue, I'd redirect you to this thread which will offer you some insight on where to get help with issues: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944810/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center/p1.

That link will have some info on how to get help and link to a useful our AHQ forums specifically tailored for Sims users.

Thanks to @igazor for pointing out my folly! :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top