Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flea Bath?

Comments

• cocoflosscocofloss Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Yeah but my cat is pregnant, does that effect it, because if it does then she's going to have fleas for a while because she'd only became pregnant like 3 days ago, but one of my sims caught fleas and there gone now becuase she showerd..... and another thing, as a looked on the menu and saw the lessons and scrolled down to the flea section, on the 4/4 page, it shows this picture of a machine with a animal in? so i tried to look on buy mode and couldn't see anthing, so may be it might just be cause she's preggers????? Thnks if you reply
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited November 2011
    I've been able to give mine flea baths, when the fleas moodlet shows up, I just click on it, and it prompts a sim to give them a bath.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ZeulaZeula Posts: 506 New Member
    edited November 2011
    This is exactly why I buy the flee bath from the buydebug to prevent this. I never cheat for items and such but this was frustrating me that I couldn't bathe my dog, so I got the one you normally get from lifetime rewards. A pet will use it automatically every so often on its own and stays squeaky clean without the hassle of having to bathe it on your own.
  • Rubys13Rubys13 Posts: 2,897 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I believe that it does not work with store bought baths or cc baths only baths from expansions and the base game.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited November 2011
    cocofloss wrote:
    Yeah but my cat is pregnant, does that effect it, because if it does then she's going to have fleas for a while because she'd only became pregnant like 3 days ago, but one of my sims caught fleas and there gone now becuase she showerd..... and another thing, as a looked on the menu and saw the lessons and scrolled down to the flea section, on the 4/4 page, it shows this picture of a machine with a animal in? so i tried to look on buy mode and couldn't see anthing, so may be it might just be cause she's preggers????? Thnks if you reply

That's the pet hydrinator (or something) -- you can only get it as a happiness reward with pet happiness points. If you go into that menu you'll see it. It's costs quite a lot of points - but you can get one and use it for all your animals since it'll be placed in your family inventory in Buy Mode.
  • Kay_Kay_ Posts: 20 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I've managed to give my cats and dogs flea baths fine :) However if you have problems, try getting the 'Pet Hygienator' (from pet happiness rewards, costs 10,000 points) and the pets should be able to clean themselves. I got sick of giving my pets a bath every other day so it does save time when you pets can just go off and clean themselves :) And it does get rid of fleas.
  • AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have been able to give my Pets a flea bath, but I do sometimes see the action fall off the Pet's que. But that seems to happen for actions other than just the Flea bath. Sometimes, items just fall off the que.

I have noticed that sometimes, it seems like an autonomus action on the Pets part (Like the Cat grooming itself) will cause the items to drop.

I also noticed that if I regularly brush the Cat, it is less likely to scratch me when I try to bathe it.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited November 2011
    I can't give them flea baths in the bathrooms. The sim will walk to the dog, dog follows but stands outside the door. Then when sim comes back, dog walks into bathroom and sim stands outside. The bathrooms aren't small either, they're clearly just dumb :lol: Worked after I bought another bath and placed it in the garden.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • love2000012love2000012 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    on sims it keeps on saying you can buy a machine and i realy want to know where you get it from
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have found you can only give them a flea bath when it says they need a flea bath and like all other things when my sim is tired I can not get them to give the dog/cat a bath.
  • LethalAcid25LethalAcid25 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys, the same thing happened to me. Not even using my dog's BFF worked. I just had a "lightbulb" moment though when I saw I could pick up my small dog. After picking him up, the sim bathed my dog! :)
  • katz442000katz442000 Posts: 246 New Member
    edited February 2012
    cocofloss wrote:

The machine is a lifetime reward for pets. It works that's what i use on my pets.
  • MagicButt007MagicButt007 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2012
    SimsGrl84 wrote:
    OK I really don't get it, my sim is friends with the cat and dog that has fleas, and I believe even best friends with the dog. I can click the dog and click on "Give XX a flea bath", but then he does NOTHING at all. Whats going on?

I successfully gave a flea bath to my dog by doing this:
    1. buy any tub
    2. click to - pick up pet
    3. click to choose - give pet flea bath

I wasn't able to use the flea bath option until I picked up my dog and then clicked on him to bathe him.
  • OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Um...Only once, my cat got fleas. The human sims weren't even friend status with it. The female sim, I believe named Amy, just picked up the cat and gave it a regular bath, and then the fleas were gone....
  • EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited February 2012
    For anyone with trouble, try an outdoor tub or moving it outdoors temporarily. I had problems getting my sim to give my big dog a bath (so she couldn't pick him up obviously). Pets sometimes has horrible routing issues so things that aren't in the way usually are in a really closed up bathroom.

Hope that helps :D just what I've noticed.
  • daisypoo200daisypoo200 Posts: 14
    edited March 2012
    ok i'm also having this problem too. here is the situation;

* my sim and dog are 'BFF's'
    * there IS a bath on the lot
    * there are no blockages at the bath tub
    * my sim isn't infected (yet)
    * it wasn't letting me 'bathe pet' before it got fleas anyway? the action just sort of disappears?
    * i can't 'pick up' my dog because it's too big!

this is obviously a (very annoying) bug, EA please fix it!!!
  • huntec2huntec2 Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    Hey, I was having the same problem with one of my cats. My sim and the cat are BFFs but still nothing was happening when I clicked both the give bath and give flee bath options. The bathtub was clear and everything but no luck until I had my sim PICK UP the cat. Once the pet was in the sims arms everything worked fine! :) Hope this helps!
  • fashiondream16fashiondream16 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Pick up the pet then selecte bath
  • HadgeHadge Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem. I had a bath tub and I tried to make my sim give my dog a flea bath. But my sim was outside. I made my sim and dog go inside and tried again. It worked! :D
  • Isabella1232Isabella1232 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    1. Open your cheat window by typing CTRL+Shift+C then type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotes).
    2. Then open your cheat window again and type in "buydebug on" (again without the quotes).
    3. Go to buy mode and click on the question mark. Scroll through and you should see the Pet Hygienator, which your pet can enter on his/her own. It will get rid of fleas and give your pets a positive moodlet whenever they use it.
  • meganearl92meganearl92 Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure if anyone else kmows of this but if you have a pet unicorn and it becomes friends with your dog or cat, the unicorn can cure the flea problem on the cat or dog. I had to do that because for some reason I cannot get my sims to give their dog a flea bath. The option hardly even comes up and when it does, i click on it but then it goes away and they don't do it! So annoying!
  • Tarryn1118Tarryn1118 Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Theres also a pet's lifetime wish you can buy! Called the pet hygienator!
  • MeekaDenimoreMeekaDenimore Posts: 10 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Pick up the cat first, then select the flea bath option (I think it helps to keep the bath tub in the yard).

Also, you can cheat to get the pet hygienator.
    1. Open your cheat window by typing CTRL+Shift+C then type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotes).
    2. Then open your cheat window again and type in "buydebug on" (again without the quotes).
    3. Go to buy mode and click on the question mark. Scroll through and you should see the Pet Hygienator, which your pet can enter on his/her own. It will get rid of fleas and give your pets a positive moodlet whenever they use it.aaa
  • bellamariangelabellamariangela Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Also try testingcheatsenabled true and then resetsim name of pet
  • RuediiRuedii Posts: 168 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is obviously a bug (pardon the pun)

It also seems to affect the "pick up pet" interaction.

I think the entire "pick up pet" routine is bugged.

EA REALLY needs to implement a stub for unknown routines so that routines implemented in expansion packs you don't have simply write an error to log, instead of resetting the whole interaction queue. Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to write such a stub and attach it to the default object and error object. Wine had it implemented for all the Windows DLLs by the first public release so they could know what undocumented calls were missing. (This was before Microsoft released more complete documentation on the Win32 API so there were a LOT of undocumented calls, especially in Kernel32.dll.)