Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree Notifications

I've been playing in the same house since I started playing the Sims3, some of the kids have grown up and moved out and as I just discovered, started families of their own.

Unlike other players, I think the whole idea of sims living their lives without you is pretty cool, however, is there a way to have notifications of when a Sim in your family tree is pregnant, gives birth, etc?

I guess I should probably be visiting them/having them visit the house I'm playing, but with jobs and babies in the house, it's not always that doable.

Anyone?

Comments

• alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Read the newspaper. Births, deaths, marriages, and families moving in and out of the neighborhood are announced there. It's a good long-distance way of checking up on them. :)
  • mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don' think you can get a notification.

If you "Read" the newspaper every day, it will tell you who moves out, moves in, and has kids.

I wish the newspaper was a little better. I was hoping it was a button you could click anytime and would include pictures of the new babies, families, ones that left, etc.
  • cjcanadypetscjcanadypets Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2009
    That is perfect!
    Self-published author and Professional Simmer! My books are available on amazon, search C.J. Canady
  • MartinKSmithMartinKSmith Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Newspaper's better than nothing. I've never really had my sims use the paper before. They just sit out front, get old, get taken in by the maid.

I'll be sure to start now, thanks!
  • billybobdobbillybobdob Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :shock: You mean their's are use's for the newspapers?. I don't think I have even touched one yet.
  • LetheLethe Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ooo... didn't know this! I think I'll go read the paper... :)
  • ConfessorAmyConfessorAmy Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Didn't know this either, thanks!