Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A PRETEEN AGE!

Comments

• arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    I like this idea.
  • queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I always wanted a preteen age but now that I'm a teen I don't really care.
    But still a good idea.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DaehloenaDaehloena Posts: 166 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nope. We're trying to chase the nightmare of tween phenomena out of real life, I don't want a TS3 version of it...which, if we're honest, is what it would likely become.

I do like extra interactions between the younger age groups, I just don't see the need to create more age brackets.
  • bbspongebobfanbbspongebobfan Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i would love that idea. i was hoping it would come in TS3. But maybe if they make like a Family Expansion Pack or something it will come. :P
  • ElerneronElerneron Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Umm . . . the teens seem more like 13 year olds to me.
  • queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Elerneron wrote:
    Umm . . . the teens seem more like 13 year olds to me.
    No they don't. :roll:
  • GwinniGwinni Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't think there's a need for tweens. If the majority agrees with you, then I don't care if they add the extra age group. But my opinion is that tweens are kids.
  • preitpreit Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    umm...they are talking of preteens not tweens (which is a combination of twenty and teen, think age 17/18-20/21). They don't need that, but a smoother transition from child to teen would be nice to see (hey look, i was just 8 a day ago and now i can drive...woohoo!)
  • Hikarie38Hikarie38 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009

I love the idea of pre-teenagers! But even more I'd love to see "young children" - bigger than toddlers, staying at home or going to kindergarten, they could sleep in normal beds, use the big toilet, eat normal food at the dinner table, walk down the stairs and be bathed, be swung on the swing. And the older sims would have to teach them for ex. "count to ten", "sing a song"...
    I think this would be soo exciting! :D
  • teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes!! There is someone else in the world that thinks there should be preteens in The Sims. Playing TS2 I was a preteen, I was trying to make a simself but it was so hard to do it because if I was a child I was going to be super short and have a high-pitched-voice. But, if I was a teenager then I was too old and tall....there should be a preteen because going from a child to a preteen is a to big of a step for me.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No tweens, please. Waste of time.

... Did a tween request this? :S
  • iMmEnWiLlB4eVaiMmEnWiLlB4eVa Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the idea of preteens! I really think EA should consider doing it.
    Maybe it could come with an EP or if they are going to do stuff packs?
  • Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2009
    It would be a great idea.
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
  • roseconsumptionroseconsumption Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't consider preteen to be an actual age group and I certainly wouldn't want them in my game. IMO 4 childhood stages is enough considering you can't DO ANYTHING until you become an adult. What it seems you guys really want is for kids to grow between their childhood and teenage birthdays so it doesn't seem like such a large transition. I wouldn't mind that.
  • NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think this would be a great idea...
    It would help me in making my sim-self, at the very least.
    -pokes avatar-
    It'd be better to look around 13/14, than 8 or 16 =S
  • kaweecheemakaweecheema Posts: 59 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think that would be great. the preteen could be about 12 years old. i would definetally want them to. i think that the preteens should be able to pick up the toddlers and change their diaper and stuff like that. cuz a lot of preteens do that stuff. but they shouldn't do that with infants, cuz they are still kind of kids.
  • BeechwellBeechwell Posts: 292 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It seems that "tween" can mean either a preteen (from "between" child and teenager, I suppose) or a twenty-something person.

Anyway, I personally think it would be more work to include another "growing up" age-group than it would actually add something to the game. Especially since ther isn't a lot to do with children and teens in the game to begin with.
  • BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :thumbup: boredguy aproves
    edit: KayO199X, your a geinus.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JeaviesJeavies Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    omg great idea. want it sooooo bad
  • boospageonlyboospageonly Posts: 53 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think this is something the game really needs, it's stupid that they go from child to teen, I really thought they were going to change that with the sims 3. :cry:
  • AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd rather have a middle age, than pre-teen.

Most of all I'd prefer smooth aging where sims age a little bit every day.

I'd really like the hair to grey gradually, since the DNA is stupid right now and if you add grey streaks to the hair the babies inherit grey hair too.
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • bgirl1008bgirl1008 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited August 2009
    yeah!i like that idea i totally agree with u morsmordre and the person who started this discussion lol i forget ur nickname :lol:
  • KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Many people in the other threads have also been talking about a preteen age, so i think it's time to bring this old thread back up. I'll start us off with what can make middle school unique.

Middle school offers a few unique opertunites and events such as...

Opertunity#1- The Horrors of Puberty! "Your personal development teacher has asked you to read 'The Horrors of Pubert' so you understand what you will be going through pretty soon. Do so within the time limit and your school proformance will increase.

Opertunity#2- Preteen Pals. "[insert target sim name] will be entering middle school soon, so your school feels as though it would be a good idea to befriend him/her so they feel more comfortable entering middle school. Become friends with [sim] before they start middle school and your school proformance will increase.

Opertunity#3- Stink Bombs Away! "Some prankster has set off another stink bomb in the school. This is your opertunity to show the teachers (and janators) what a helpful student you are. Help clean up the stink bomb at the school, and your school proformance will increase.

Random Event#1- "Eeew! That 'Woohoo' ed video sure was creepy. [Sim] misses the days when he/she belived the stork brought babies..." (sim recives "Creeped Out" moodlet)

Random Event#2- "Today was the day of the big dodgeball match in gym class. [sim] amazed everyone by surviving 3 on 1 and making a meraculous comback victory. This game is going to be the stuff of middle school ledgend! (sim recives the "Winner" moodlet. This event is more likely with high athletic skill)
  • SimCrazyGrl333SimCrazyGrl333 Posts: 1,204 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Gwinni wrote:
    I don't think there's a need for tweens. If the majority agrees with you, then I don't care if they add the extra age group. But my opinion is that tweens are kids.
    I think that we do need a "Tween" life stage seeing as though when ur 8-12 years old your much more mature than children below that age yet not as mature as teens! So to those who say theres no difference you would be wrong! :evil:
  • ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't think one is needed either. I consider toddlers around 3-4, children 10ish, and teenagers 16, so it seems to be there's an even age gap. Plus, whenever there's a family with 3 kids or more there's already tons of birthdays.. With another age group there'll be a birthday practically every other day!