Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrading furniture statistics and bonuses

MlociaraMlociara Posts: 133 New Member
The Sims 3 gives us huge possibilities when it comes to creating a Sim and surrounding it with its favorite colors and patterns. Unfortunately it doesn't quite allow us to create a functional dream-house. A "functional" house, in which my Sim will be happy, requires me to buy expensive-looking furniture with a high Environment rating (or other bonuses) whereas I often find the cheaper furniture much prettier, and would rather use those. To keep the house functional, we would end up having all our houses eventually looking the same, with the only differences being in colors.
You might say that only varying colors and patterns is still a lot, but sometimes I'd like my sim to sleep like a king, on a bed which would give the greatest Fakir nightmares. ;P

Here's the actual idea:
The furniture costs a certain amount of money depending on how it looks like (just like it is now) - the ugly ones are cheaper, the more luxurious ones are more expensive.
In the "Create a Style" window, apart from colors and patterns, we can buy attributes for the furniture - Environment, Energy and other bonuses. I'm assuming that the maximum values would be determined by the best currently available furniture of its kind (for instance, for a bed it would be Environment 5, Energy 10, Stress 3) and the bonuses would only be those currently available in that type of furniture (i.e. not the ones available with Tinkering). Of course every upgrade would cost extra money, to the extent that cheap. :) I wouldn't even mind if "upgraded" furniture would cost a bit more than the most expensive furniture
Of course the "upgrade" options could be placed somewhere else, like in the item's description, but I think the "Create a Style" would be the best choice, leaving the default values where they are now, for those who don't want to play with "upgrades". :)

In effect, we could create a house our Sims would be happy to live in, and one which would be truly unique and would make us happy to look at as well. Even if one likes plain furniture rather than antiques... :)

For the record, a similar idea was discussed here, but related to beds' Energy bonuses only: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/25907.page#top

Comments

• ResilResil Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great idea , i would also like to see this feature in the game.

If i want to create my perfect house - i really don't like the idea that house where my sims feel comfortbale, look's like typical villa from some reach men's magazine ;)

Please look closer to this sims staff :D
  • louve9louve9 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Definitely for it! Very often I have this problem myself, I'd like to arrange the room in a certain style, but cannot because the furnitures I choose have low parameters. I believe the "upgrade" option would eliminate that problem and make decorating even more flexible than it is now. :-)
  • MlociaraMlociara Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm bumping this because I'm frustrated... There is some awesome-looking furniture in the EA Store, which could undoubtedly thin out my wallet in no time :P, but once again the problem of stats becomes apparent. Why would I buy stuff I wouldn't use, as sooner or later my sims' needs will necessitate buying a better (stats-wise) bed etc.? A new expansion is coming and I hope it will change something (anything) in regards to this issue. :)