Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Lucky Palms?

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hello SimGuruSarah! :mrgreen:
    I have no questions to ask, I just want to give feedback and suggestions... :)

Lucky Palms looks so beautiful! Though of course my favorite part of TS3 towns is the premade sims of course! :lol:
    I love the fact that you guys added Darren and Darleen! I've been waiting for returning sims since Barnacle Bay! :)
    As a Pleasantview/Strangetown fan (and pretty much every other neighborhood in TS2) I would love to have MUCH MORE returning premade sims in future towns! Like the Pleasant, Burb and Oldie families or Frida Goth or well... any other sim from Sims 2 and it's expansions! :mrgreen: I'm glad that you guys are adding classic sims again! :mrgreen:

Also, thank you for making the chat so hilarious! :lol: "Burrito baby" :lol:
  • SimGuruSarah_oldSimGuruSarah_old Posts: 447 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2012
    Does kissing the frog count as the sims first kiss if the frog changes to a prince or princess?

Yes, if they turn into a Sim...no, if they just kissed a frog.
    I am a Producer on The Sims 4.
    Please follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have another question about the premades. Is one of the families the Plesent's from the sims 2 and how many families are living in Lucky Palms?

The Pleasants are not in Lucky Palms, just the Dreamers. Watch for the Pleasants to make an appearance in a future world ;)

There are 20+ families living in Lucky Palms.
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    OMG!!! That hint just MADE MY DAY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have another question about the premades. Is one of the families the Plesent's from the sims 2 and how many families are living in Lucky Palms?

The Pleasants are not in Lucky Palms, just the Dreamers. Watch for the Pleasants to make an appearance in a future world ;)

Wow!!! Great news! :-o
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited June 2012
    chenmn123 wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    OMG!!! That hint just MADE MY DAY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mine too. I was hoping you would see that. :D
    edited June 2012
    Does kissing the frog count as the sims first kiss if the frog changes to a prince or princess?

Yes, if they turn into a Sim...no, if they just kissed a frog.

That's good to know and thanks for answering my other questions as well. :D

I think the wishing well is going to make it easy to find a mate for your single sims and divorced and widowed ones as well. I like this method because it's like getting a blind date. You don't know what they'll look like. :D
    edited June 2012
    Did I hear you right Sarah when you said if sims get car keys from the wishing well they get a new car? Is there a new car in this world?
  • BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    edited June 2012
    Does the Bistro Rabithole replace the Resturant Rabithole or the diner? Or are all three in Lucky Palms?

Could you consider releasing more gambling PC in the store?

Great chat, thanks!
    edited June 2012
    Did I hear you right Sarah when you said if sims get car keys from the wishing well they get a new car? Is there a new car in this world?

Yes! You have a chance when wishing for Wealth to find keys to a new car! The car can be found in the family inventory and will be chosen randomly from The Sims 3 Base Game cars.

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited June 2012
    Excellent Job on the worlds Sarah & Team.

It must be hard having to stick to Base Game - new recolors/objects.

Thank you very much for taking consideration of those of us (most of us) with 6 going on 8 Expansion packs and making more room in the world to add in everything.

What makes this world a great purchase is that I won't have to spend hours and hours (like HS) redoing it to fit all the EP lots needed for each world. It's very difficult when theres not many options. This world proves you guys heard and accomadated. Thank you for that. Less than an hour of seeing LP and I allready know where this that and the other lot can go. Meanwhile, I been struggling with other worlds for a long time trying to get them just right. This one looks like it will be very easy to expand.
    Thanks!
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:
    Does the Bistro Rabithole replace the Resturant Rabithole or the diner? Or are all three in Lucky Palms?

Great chat, thanks!

The Bistro rabbithole replaces the Restaurant, not the diner.

We are considering more gambling objects for Store if interest is high enough :)
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited June 2012
    Poker table, Roulette, purty please :)
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2012
    I asked this in live chat, but will the autonomy for the blackjack table be increased so that more simmers can go to the table?

It seems like they all go straight to the slot machines, rather than the table itself. >.<
  • sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited June 2012
    Poker table, Roulette, purty please :)

Ditto
  • charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

We are considering more gambling objects for Store if interest is high enough :)

Yes yes yes!
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

I would be intested in Poker and Roulette.

By the way can teens use the wishing well? I forgot to ask or is it just for adults?

By the way I love the new tables,umberellas and chairs that come with the Bistro.
  • BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    edited June 2012
    I did like the houses on the water as well. Hope you will continue this trend in future worlds where appropriate. I thought "house boats" right away. Not quite, but close. If you guys do the New Orleans world, a river boat lot would be excellent!

• RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

Yes yes yes!

^^ I'll see your yes, yes, yes! and raise you a Yes! :D
  • jmanning19jmanning19 Posts: 29
    edited June 2012
    Hi Sarah, I don't have a Twitter so i was suggesting a Roman Town for an upcoming Sims 3 store world. The Colosseum could be the Athletic and/or military career, An amphitheater for music career (if showtime installed a big show venue) A forum for shopping, new Roman inspired clothes, and finaly a spa that has sprigs that your sims can actually go in.

Thanks
    P.s I would make it my self but i dont have the intention span.
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

By the way can teens use the wishing well? I forgot to ask or is it just for adults?

By the way I love the new tables,umberellas and chairs that come with the Bistro.

Teens can, but children can not. The only interaction not available to Teens is to wish for a baby.

The new bistro chairs are super sweet, I love them!
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

Teens can, but children can not. The only interaction not available to Teens is to wish for a baby.

The new bistro chairs are super sweet, I love them!

Thank you. :D
  • shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2012
    The new world looks seriously amazing. It will be really fun to move one of my sims into one of the lake homes/houseboats. I love mid century era design and the bistro really captures that. The new fence around the botanical garden is fabulous too. Great work!
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2012
    BernardD wrote:

Great chat, thanks!

Answer to the underlined, HECK YEAH! Also would like to speak up for those that do not come on the forums from other Sims fansites, HECK YEAH!

Okay, must regain my composure.

EDIT: Now I have gained my composure I want to ask about the botanical garden part in the middle of town that lines up with the town hall. Is that a lot, or placed there by the world builders? Would love to make an outdoor lounge there.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited June 2012
    The new world looks seriously amazing. It will be really fun to move one of my sims into one of the lake homes/houseboats. I love mid century era design and the bistro really captures that. The new fence around the botanical garden is fabulous too. Great work!

Those look like starter homes as well atleast the one they showed did inside.

Oh and by the way I love the triangle windows.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2012
    gngrsnp wrote:
    krimsonnox wrote:
    I want to say this world looks wonderful, i wasn't sure i wanted it because i havent ever really liked the desert, to me no rain is a sign of the end of the world or bizzaro world, or evil mutants at work or something. lol (originally from new orleans) I live in a place where there is drought now and i hate how things look, so depressing. but this world isnt depressing at all it's beautiful. Im so excited for the new plants. And thanks for making the mailbox available in buydebug
    , ya'll really are listening to us i can tell.

Still want a poker table though!!!!!!!(please)

Thanks for making a great world.

oh i was going to ask about build/buy stuff too, what is there?

So I will admit, I was nervous when we picked this theme. I was afraid a desert would look too...well, boring? Dry? Empty? But my team assured em they could make it beautiful and they came through :)

There are new build, buy, and world layer items in the town, you'll be able to see them all when we launch the world on the Sims 3 Store next week. Some of the buy items I didn't show off in the chat include a new hot tub, a large picture with 5 stencils, and a curtain.
    and triangular windows in the wall of the short pitched roof. Or was it an illusion?

Good catch! There are two new windows in the world and one of them is the triangular window!

O.M.Geee! Transom windows! Now I got PWRS (Pre-World Release Syndrome)! Please help me. :shock: :mrgreen:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.