Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't upload my sim

Comments

• myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I did all that you recommend me to do but it still says system error. I guess is a launcher problem or my computer. When I get a new one for my birthday I will try to upload her. Thanks anyways!
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had to work, so I couldn't stay logged on. The only other suggestions I have are:

1. On the game launcher make sure it says that you are logged in. Use the login name and password you used when you set up your account.

2. Make sure your firewall is set up properly to allow the launcher to work. You might have to do a little work to find this. Once you find the settings for programs in your firewall settings, make sure that the Sims 3 is set up to "Allow."

3. If you still can't get it to work, you might start a new thread in the proper technical board, or follow the directions on the Sims 3 support page to get further help.

Hope you can get it to working! And thanks for the friend request. I accepted, of course.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2009
    Tfbob wrote:
    I had to work, so I couldn't stay logged on. The only other suggestions I have are:

1. On the game launcher make sure it says that you are logged in. Use the login name and password you used when you set up your account.

2. Make sure your firewall is set up properly to allow the launcher to work. You might have to do a little work to find this. Once you find the settings for programs in your firewall settings, make sure that the Sims 3 is set up to "Allow."

3. If you still can't get it to work, you might start a new thread in the proper technical board, or follow the directions on the Sims 3 support page to get further help.

Hope you can get it to working! And thanks for the friend request. I accepted, of course.
    I am logged in. What's the firewall? I don't have that. Thank You for accepting. :-)
    edited August 2009
    A firewall is software that protects your computer from hackers. Most people that browse the internet have it installed. Windows XP has one built in.

I will give links that might help.
    edited August 2009
    Tfbob wrote:
    A firewall is software that protects your computer from hackers. Most people that browse the internet have it installed. Windows XP has one built in.

I will give links that might help.
    I have avast antivirus but there is no option to allow the sims 3.
    edited August 2009
    I have some links below that might help.

Connection Issues click here

When you click on the link to email customer support, you may have to log in again. I think they may have a tool that you can download that will help them look at your system setup and determine the problem.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2009
    Thank You! I didn't understand so much what they talked about on the first link so I emailed them. I hope they will email me soon.
  • Brinabear4Brinabear4 Posts: 767 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hows it going Myfirstsimsgame?
    edited August 2009
    Here is another link that might help.

Uploading your sim

If that doesn't work, I may have given you an incorrect link for emailing customer support. Try this one:

Login screen for emailing customer support
    edited August 2009
    I emailed them but they haven't answered me so I email them again.
    edited August 2009
    myfirstsimsgame, I found this while browsing the forums. Maybe it will help you. I posted the link, scroll down to #7. I also quoted from it below.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/12822.page
    7.My Sim wont enter real life cyberspace!

Issue: Are you having issues uploading your sims? Error messages include "A system error has occurred." If the bar fills up but they just refuse to upload, then this is your problem.

Fix: After checking below checklist and it still doesn't work, delete your item from the launcher and re-export it. This fixed problems I had with uploading.

Checklist:
    - Each time I press 'Upload', the bar fills up and when it seems as if it is finished, I receive the error message
    - I have attempted to re-export the Sim to the Launcher
    - Tried uploading multiple times
    - I am signed in
    - I have logged out and logged back in
    - I can upload pictures, lots, etc. successfully

If the above is all checked for you, then you have this issue. I can only assume personally it is to do with the servers overloading or clogging and not allowing any more Sims to pass through. We need some cyberspace laxative. =)
    edited August 2009
    Yes, that's what happens to me excpet I haven't tried uploading other things than sims. Oh, they emailed me from EA but they send me something I already knew. Thanks for the links.
  • vampyriccadencevampyriccadence Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hello hello, I am having this same problem.

I have an original name set up, turned off my firewall, the character is 2.95 MB, I just created it and I am still receiving the system error message.

I have only been able to upload 1 creation to the Sims exchange since I bought the game, since then, I have tried to upload at least 3-4 sims with no luck.

I feel your pain, myfirstsimsgame.
    edited August 2009
    I just hope they fix this on the next patch.
  • Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited August 2009
    On another thread, someone said that if your sim has more than one outfit for each category then it won't upload. I can't upload my sim either and mine has more than one outfit in each category. So I'm going to change back to one outfit each today and see what happens. If that is the case it's really lame :evil: . Hope this helps!
    edited August 2009
    Mine only has one outfit from each category.
  • Rika701Rika701 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, in that case I have no idea :?
    edited August 2009
    I tried to upload my sim again and I was able to! I uploaded three sims at the same time. Maybe this is the solution?
    These are my sims:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=888788
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=888782
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=888780
    If you like them, please recommend them.
    edited August 2009
    Hooray! I'm glad you finally got your sims uploaded. They look beautiful. I downloaded and recommended them.
    edited August 2009
    Thank You!
    edited August 2009
    Just thought I'd let you know that your page is hidden from the public. Maybe you have set it to do this intentionally, which is fine, but when someone wants to download your sims they have to do it from the sims exchange page, or the forum. They can't navigate to your page and download them there with the way you have it set. Congrats on the downloads! It looks like Charlotte McPink is doing well.
    edited August 2009
    I thought I had change my settings. Well, now they can see it. Thanks!
  • EllenBabiiEllenBabii Posts: 82 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That happens to me!

By the way I love your avatar, shes gorgeous, where did you get all the custom content!

Please enter her into my modeling show!

Episode link: http://EllenBabiisims3.piczo.com/entmepisodes

edited August 2009
    Thanks! Actually, she was prettier the first time I made her but it didn't upload.
    Custom Content is from Mod the Sims, Toolregame, and Simming It Up. Her skin is from XM sims and her eyes are from Mod the sims. The hair are from links on the forums.
    I would sign her up but I don't like registering in many sites and I am already registered to a lot. If you want you can put her yourself and give me credit.
  • EllenBabiiEllenBabii Posts: 82 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks! Actually, she was prettier the first time I made her but it didn't upload.
    Custom Content is from Mod the Sims, Toolregame, and Simming It Up. Her skin is from XM sims and her eyes are from Mod the sims. The hair are from links on the forums.
    I would sign her up but I don't like registering in many sites and I am already registered to a lot. If you want you can put her yourself and give me credit.

You don't have to register on my website just visit the sign up link and click forum on that page, it is just above the comment board, it is easy to miss!