Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies And Toddlers

Hey Everyone, I think this is only my 2nd or 3rd post on this site (I've had The Sims 3 since the 1st day it came out though, lol) anyways, I'm playing my sim right now (myself and I made him a wife), They have a toddler that's a girl, (I named her Catherine) and they just had a baby boy! (I named him Eric) Catherine has 5 days left as a toddler, and Eric has 2 days left as a baby, I try not to use the cheats, but it's so hard to take care of the kids (especially the baby)

Only 'cause he needs constant attention (which is more realistic) but somewhat annoying, anyways ya, lol, I just wanted to let everyone know how my family is...
How many kids have you guys had at once? My other family had 5 kids, and that was crazy!

Oh P.S.
Does anyone have suggestions of baby names?
(I like more common names) but I always think of the same ones :?
-Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore

Comments

• Options
    StarrelleStarrelle Posts: 127 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I always age my baby's up after one day with the birthday cake, I don't consider it a cheat as such but you're right they are hard work and I've done the real life version, so I don't really fancy doing it virtual more than necessary LOL :)

PS I choose themes for my names like right now they're all star themed like meteor, stardust, angel, and even one called constellation!! Cos I can't call my rl kid that, so its fun to call them silly things :)
  • Options
    Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2009
    Heh, Those are pretty neat names! (as I love astronomy) tehe, ya, darn kids in the game, my favourite stage is probably child in the game, they're somewhat independent but you still need to take care of em, perfect for me! :-)
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Right now I'm obsessed with celeb baby names. Bronx, Moon Unit, Diva, Camera, Free, and Apple are some of my favourites. :roll:

Hey I found more! Pilot Inspektor, Kyd, Sage Moonblood, Destry, Maddox (and the other three hundred I can't remember), Memphis, Rocket, Blue Angel, Audio Science, Tu Morrow, Moxie Crimfighter, Jermajesty...
  • Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use behindthename, (google it), for my baby names, unless ofc I can actually think of one myself.

The most kids in one family is 5 for me, 2 sets of twin boys and a single girl, was quite hectic (even moreso as their father worked a lot and whenever he wasn't working he was having an affair with his partner in law enforcement), leaving his wife to look after the kids as well as write her novels, but the girl is a teenager now so she can help look after her two kid brothers and the two toddlers...
  • Options
    joyce19791joyce19791 Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2009
    For names: I just googled "name generator" and I found a site that generates names. Mostly strange uncommom names wich I love.
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited August 2009
    as for baby names i bought a small baby book back in 2003,so i use that.i just love it even though its small there is plenty of names.it even has the top 20 of 2003 girl an boy names.which is a verity of names for a quick one.
  • Options
    RimsimRimsim Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use the Social Security name index. It's funny to see what names are popular from years ago. I also go with themes. My legacy family is last name Blossom. So they are all flower names. Even the boys.
  • Options
    LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well i have at the moment, two girl babies (Peaches and Elsy) and two boy toddlers, (Fraiser and Benson) and the difficulty is full!!! Even though actually i am not finding it to hard, i am trying to acheive my LTW. "Raise five babies to teens" Hard at times but fun! Just need one more baby but my luck, i would get triplets!!! Actually I probably will i have the fertility treatment.. :)
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    I go to the newspaper and turn to any page and the first name I read is the one they get.
    I have everything from Tina Turner to Herbert John Zwylesky