Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom hair for toddlers and kids?

Can anyone give me some good sites for toddlers and kids hairs.

I downloaded a bunch from PeggyZone a while back... but only 3 of them will show up in my game. The rest... well... just don't show up at all.

My toddlers and kids are so lacking in hair!

Comments

• Options
    DancingK8DancingK8 Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2012
    Did you install them correctly? I think most files on that website are .packages, not .sims3packs. I've never had any problems with Peggy hairs showing up.

Newsea makes really nice hairs that are generally available for all ages: http://newseasims.com/
    Most of them are donation items, so you'll have to look elsewhere if you want them for free ;)

• Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually had the same problem with Peggy's hair, betharies2. So you aren't alone. I looked into it and several other people were having the same problem. Her adult hairs work just fine, but child/toddler hairs won't show up.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions about where to get them.. Just wanted you to know you aren't the only one with the problem ;)
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited June 2012
    <a href="http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/newsea/downloads/browse/category/sims3/skipsetitems/1/free/1/">Here.</a&gt; This is the only person I get CC from on this site. It's Newsea.
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I have a thread around here somewhere that I complained about hairs not showing up and it was by Peggy. Another Simmer (Asterrvos, I am sure I butchered her name, lol) gave me a link to where Newsea talks about Peggy's toddler/child hairs not showing up.

So, yup. Peggy is broken. I have yet to find good toddler/child hairs except for Newsea.
  • Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I actually found a thread where they explained that some of Peggy's hairs were never updated after the Pets patch and it "broke" the toddler/kids hair. Some of them were never fixed so you'll see the adult versions in-game but not the kids. I do not remember where I read that, though. If anyone knows more about it or has a link, that would be great. But I did read it!

I am always, always looking for more hair, for everyone - but esp. for toddlers, kids and men. All three seem to be lacking. The hair I find is giant (too long/tall) on the toddlers/kids and the guy hairs all seem to be long/dramatic. I like dramatic hair now and again, but sometimes I want a more toned-down version.
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Anubis has many. :]
    http://anubis360.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DancingK8DancingK8 Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh, that would explain the Peggy issue. I've only played a couple of times since the Pets patch, so I guess I didn't notice anything.

Raonjena has a few nice male hairs (and a lot more really nice female hairs, too) which are mostly compatible with all ages: http://www.raonsims.com/main/main2.php
    Again, the male hairs are mostly donation, so you'll have to look for them off-site.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2012
    Go to mysims3blog.blogspot.com/ That website is updated almost daily,and there is A LOT more things then just toddler hair. There is even a categorized search that allows you to search for hair>toddler.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited June 2012
    Did you download the child/toddler hairs separately? I frequent a place where I get that stuff for free and the downloads are separate files.

Most of them show up for kids but only some for toddlers. At least toddler-hood is short.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Lotus makes my favorite retextures, and she usually does all-ages when the original mesh has that available (some retexturers don't, which I'll never understand). She also makes both EA-highlight and adjust-shine versions.
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    I like this website for children and toddlers :)

http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2000/12/child-toddler-hair.html
  • Options
    betharies2betharies2 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2012
    Glad to know I'm noy the only one that's had this problem! I know I installed them correctly.

I will check out some of these sites you guys posted.

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    SkylerdmgSkylerdmg Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    ernesdo wrote:

Doesn't the sims resource give a lot of viruses though?
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh hey, this thread is more recent than the one I posted to. I added a bunch of links to this thread because it was the first hit on Google:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/538643.page
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I had to redownload everything after a hard drive crash quite a while back and have just gotten around to checking the Hairs, Clothing and Accessories. I check Hairs in small batches and Clothing & Access individually in-game and with s3PE, due to a few items given incorrect Aging, etc., AND because I want to make sure each item is categorized the way I want it. I've discovered that most of the Peggy Hairs don't show in the game. For the Adults, I've got quite a few "dupes" from other Artists who've modified the Peggy Hair so I was able to get most of those in my game. The Child and Toddler hairs aren't as popular with those working with highlights so I've got a TONE of those that won't work. Additionally, I'm having most of the Accessories not showing up in the game, either. I don't think I've much in the way of Peggy Clothing.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone tried fixing this with the RigFix tool? I don't know if that tool works for CAS items...after Pets, most of my issues were with beds and those had to be fixed manually, so I don't really know much about the RigFix tool. Since there are so few Child/Toddler hairs that aren't age-inappropriate or goofy looking, it would be nice if I could use some of the Peggy hairs. Please let me know if you've had any success or not. Thanks!