Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• ToxicLipsToxicLips Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I Keep Hearing About These Catacombs!
    What The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Is It?
    I Wanna Try It Now That I've Heard It, But I Can't Figure Out What It Is?
    Anyone Know What It Is?
    Thnx,

-Toxic.Lips

• Unity99Unity99 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ToxicLips wrote:
    I Keep Hearing About These Catacombs!
    What The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Is It?

The catacombs are in the mausoleum in the graveyard. You can explore the catacombs when you enter the mausoleum, sometimes you can find interesting items.
  • heliohaleiheliohalei Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wish I had known about leaving work for opportunities, as I missed so many now I know ...... heheheh thanks
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    how do you get hairstyles thats not on the game??? not thru the store like the exchange. everytime i download a sim with a cute hairstyle it doesn't show up in the game.

they are Custom Content, and not made by Maxis. Right now they are beta testing [to see if they cause problems or not]. I haven't hear any negative feedback on them so far.

You can get hair at peggys [my link isn't working, but I'm sure someone will post it] or a Mod The Sims: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=2

Hope that helps.

As always, my blog that condenses all the tips and tricks from this thread is here: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Schweighsr Read it if you don't want to read all 150+ pages.
  • ToxicLipsToxicLips Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :oops:Unity Thnx So Much, I Know Now!
  • plzr8mysimplzr8mysim Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2009
    Do you know why my father left me? (LOL! i got that from Saturday Night Live.!) It was a spoof for Dora The Explorer.
  • simjournalsimjournal Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :):) :!:hey, does anyone know how to add more lifepoints with a cheat?
  • victoria314victoria314 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i have a question does anyone know where i can download hair like this
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=870095 that is easy ish to download and not werid like it could cause viruses help would be greatly appreciated

sorry if this is off topic
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how do you get hairstyles thats not on the game??? not thru the store like the exchange. everytime i download a sim with a cute hairstyle it doesn't show up in the game.

All over the place but you can get them all here: http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Female Hair

If you dont know how to install it please visit my blog it shows you how, in my siggy
    edited August 2009
    thanks a lot! but where does it say download for the hair i want i cant find it on the page?
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Its on there. And by the way it has every single hair, theres like 7 pages The first one doesnt have it because its from TSR and TSR is dangerous :(
    edited August 2009
    ok ok thanks maybe im just blind haha cant find it :(
    edited August 2009
    so yah the hair i want nowhere says download for it this is the name of the hair Newsea SIMS3 Hair#005 Donation Hair
    edited August 2009
    yah i cant find it wow i must sound stupid :( the name of the hair is Newsea SIMS3 Hair#005 Donation Hair and nowhere around it says download???
  • moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Did you know your sims can't burn to death!!!ahhh i tryed twice they just stand in the fire and scream its ******* me off i want a red ghost grrrrr.

here's how I killed my sim kid in a fire,, hope it helps..

I sent "torch" into the kitchen with her mom who did not know how to cook. Then when mom was in the middle of cooking it I had her leave the room. Leaving the food unattended.
    Then I removed the door. It took four tries.. but finally "Torch" turned into a really cool ghost!

( an outer wall seems to work best. Otherwise my ghost's continued to put the fire out through the wall!)

anyone else have another idea??
  • moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Some Sims love to hang out at the cemetery. Why not build a community center over the graves to give you a place? My Sims love it! Especially my ghosts!
  • NewYorkNewYork Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I did not read all 154 pages of this forum. (Who would!?) But I have to say the mysterious moving gnomes are my favorite! You can get them fishing, smelting mettle, or being in the criminal carrer. A sim in my legacy reached the top of the criminal track and ended up getting two. They loved to hang out in the garden and change positions. One kept sitting in my kitchen staring at the dinning table haha. I heard they turn on radios, and watch TV, etc. So much fun, LOVE the sims3!
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Here is a Did You Know, for all of you.
    Did You Know - That ALL of the Store Items are Leaked out?
    That means you better get them for FREE while you can. ;)
  • BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2009
    You can drag patterns when in CAS. I wish I had found out about this sooner. I am probably the only person who didn't know that. :oops:
  • HelBelleHelBelle Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited August 2009
    SimmieK wrote:

NO WAY :roll:

The fact that you have posted your stupid pics in about a gazillion threads and you have started up your own really annoying one gave me no clue.
  • JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited August 2009
    HelBelle wrote:
    SimmieK wrote:

The fact that you have posted your stupid pics in about a gazillion threads and you have started up your own really annoying one gave me no clue.

Just a friendly reminder: Don't feed the trolls. kthnx. :)
  • LulielouisaLulielouisa Posts: 65 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Derella wrote:
    -If you hold the shift key while using the camera controls, it makes them move faster. ie: press shift while zooming in and out, press shift while scrolling the camera.

-If you're having trouble getting the right angle for a photo/painting, press and hold the right mouse button and move the mouse. It gives you more precise control over the camera.

Thanks for this tip. I take a lot of screen shots of the houses I build and it has been troublesome controlling the camera angle.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    You don't HAVE to buy recipes to get some new recipes. If your sim or another sim that they talk to is a natural cook, they can trade cooking secrets, and get a recipe for free. It's especially a good way to get ambrosia. Also, if neither sim is a natural cook and they've been talking about cooking for a bit (option after a meal), they could still get a free recipe. You can also get new recipes from the cooking channel.
  • ReesarooReesaroo Posts: 237 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've read most of this thread. I just learned something new - an easy way to sell items in your inventory.

Selling Fish: If you're trying to keep the best ones, drag the first ones out of the group (still in inventory... I drag my perfect fish to the top). Notice the upper left corner of each inventory item is blue. Click and drag from here and you can sell all of that item.

Example: I have 20 tuna. I drag the first one to the top to keep it. Then I click & drag the remaining 19 all at once to sell.

MUCH faster!
  • shaylan221shaylan221 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    HelBelle wrote:
    SimmieK wrote:

So where could i find these FREE items at?