Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!

I found two problems with this game, one almost resulting in my computer being completely ruined :cry:. So, I've made a list, 1 being the worst. Please fix these problems in a future patch.

1. The game randomly closes down and messes up the resolution.
2. The game just freezes up and the only way to close it is to turn off my computer by pressing the power button.

The first one is the one that ruined my computer. You can probably find more problems if you look around.

!!!!!!FOR THE MEMBERS!!!!!!
If you agree with me or have another problem, post on this forum. Sooner or later, we will be noticed.

Comments

• Options
    SimberellaSimberella Posts: 139 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There are so many things EA needs to fix. As of now, I will not be purchasing any expansion packs. I really like the sims but I did not intend to spend 50 bucks on a game that has so many errors despite my computer being more than efficient.

I hope EA can promise a better gaming experience because so far it has just been an emotional roller coaster!

• Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Here is a warning from someone who has expeirenced this twice.Don't have your sims making out on the sofa when the message comes up the baby is due.It will freeze and lock.You have to cut the pc off and back on.This happened to me twice thou I was playing on a low end pc one I just use for testing.I still think this is a bug.
  • Options
    bananaprincebananaprince Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I will try the game and see if it is fixed. But the funny part is thereo many complaints abput the game and they aren't even trying to fix it. The time they were working on two patches could have been spent on one patch to fix all the freezing bugs.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This game has caused so much trouble for me, I feel that EA has betrayed us all. The sims was better when Maxis developed it. As of right now, I am going back to the sims 2 until you fix this game. I will check this forum daily to see if anybody has a link to a patch or hack to fix it. :evil:
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The game having problems isn't EA's fault: The game works fine for 99% of people who have the minimum requirements of the game.. Make sure you do meet the requirements, or post dxdiag and people here can tell you if you do.
  • Options
    babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Toppenzap wrote:
    The game having problems isn't EA's fault: The game works fine for 99% of people who have the minimum requirements of the game.. Make sure you do meet the requirements, or post dxdiag and people here can tell you if you do.

Exactly. The game works perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro. The few glitches I had were fixed by the patches. :]

Granted, before my laptop, I had a very high quality PC and the game worked like crap on that one... so I guess get a Mac? X]
  • Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009
    *sighs* STOP COMPLAINING!

:roll:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *sighs* STOP COMPLAINING!

Yeah. Stop complaining. You just spent $50 on a game that doesn't work. Big deal. I mean, so what if you have to go out and buy a $20,000 computer just so you can play a game? So what if you can't play a game that you waited about 2 YEARS for? It doesn't matter. :roll:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Toppenzap wrote:
    Oh really? I searched online and about half the people that I found on Google had problems. So, 99%? Right. :roll:
  • Options
    Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited August 2009
    Not to add fuel to a burning fire, but my game works just fine, i run windows vista (i hate vista) and i dont have any problems with it freezing/crashing, you have to remember everyones systems run differently and even if you have the exact same hardware as a friend they may have tons of problems and you may have none, as with anything software it can and will have issues for some people, i am sure that EA is working on what they can as fast as they can to get as much fixed and they are releasing patches to get fixed what they have already tested with a majority of their "testing machines". I didnt buy the sims 2 when it first came out but for every xpack that came out they released a patch to fix things that they received feedback on for problems that people were having with their current version of the sims 2 and the xpack they just released, give them time and the game will get better, no one is perfect and neither is software (although vista will never amount to the user friendliness that xp had, but thats microsoft not EA).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Silence731 wrote:
    Not to add fuel to a burning fire, but my game works just fine, i run windows vista (i hate vista) and i dont have any problems with it freezing/crashing, you have to remember everyones systems run differently and even if you have the exact same hardware as a friend they may have tons of problems and you may have none, as with anything software it can and will have issues for some people, i am sure that EA is working on what they can as fast as they can to get as much fixed and they are releasing patches to get fixed what they have already tested with a majority of their "testing machines". I didnt buy the sims 2 when it first came out but for every xpack that came out they released a patch to fix things that they received feedback on for problems that people were having with their current version of the sims 2 and the xpack they just released, give them time and the game will get better, no one is perfect and neither is software (although vista will never amount to the user friendliness that xp had, but thats microsoft not EA).
    I know what you mean. It seems it only runs on Vista and laptops, because my dad has vista on a laptop and it works perfectly on it. So I see what you mean, but it doesn't change anything. EA needs to just fix the crashing problems, then move on to the other stuff, like the superspeeds. But, you are right. It runs well on Vista.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The game worked for about a HALF AN HOUR this time!!!!! They are getting closer.
  • Options
    EmoJeanzEmoJeanz Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sometimes when i'm playing the sims 3 my computer randomly turns off...it's kinda weird. When i turn it back on it's fine, it just says windows didn't shutdown properly. don't know what it is but i wish they'd fix it sometime soon. maybe it's the same sort of problem.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2009
    Try the tech forum, the crashing and/or freezing could be a corrupted file, overheating, memory problems, drivers requiring updating etc. etc.
  • Options
    RUAHIPPORUAHIPPO Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Toppenzap said: The game having problems isn't EA's fault: The game works fine for 99% of people who have the minimum requirements of the game.. Make sure you do meet the requirements, or post dxdiag and people here can tell you if you do.

You are completely right: I look at that stuff a lot because I Am a Rome: Total War Fanatic and every time I buy one of those games I always look at the System R.
  • Options
    dragon1988dragon1988 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    2. The game just freezes up and the only way to close it is to turn off my computer by pressing the power button.
    ok you got the problem that your computer, if your computer freezes or resoulution mess up then it not the program fault it your computer unless the game got a program to make it freeze or a virus
    but it not the game fault
    it might be your processer too slow
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    dragon1988 wrote:
    ok you got the problem that your computer, if your computer freezes or resoulution mess up then it not the program fault it your computer unless the game got a program to make it freeze or a virus
    but it not the game fault
    it might be your processer too slow
    I'm 13, so it's not really my computer. It changes the resolution so it can run, but it does this thing called the Emergency Shut down where it just closes the program and doesn't switch back anything it changes. Personally, I don't have a problem, but the owner does. And I'll admit, it was partly me being stupid that messed it up. And also, EA admitted that it might do this sometimes on the best computers because the game is so much to run on it. That's why they aren't making a consol version.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    EmoJeanz wrote:
    Sometimes when i'm playing the sims 3 my computer randomly turns off...it's kinda weird. When i turn it back on it's fine, it just says windows didn't shutdown properly. don't know what it is but i wish they'd fix it sometime soon. maybe it's the same sort of problem.
    And people say it works fine for most. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you had problems while running Riverview, post here. I think I know the problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you had problems while running Riverview, post here. I think I know the problems.
    I CRACKED IT!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :!: :!: YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY IN SUNSET VALLEY!!!!!! I WAS WATCHING A YOUTUBE VIDEO AND READING THE REPLIES WHEN ONE SAID IT NEARLY CRASHED HIS PC!!!! I tested it, and it ran for about an hour! It usually only runs for only fifteen minutes, and my mom made me get off, so it could have probably gone on for a long time! I'VE CRACKED IT! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited August 2009
    -.-

Geeze, when's the last time I've met a guy my age that acts like THAT? Jesus, dude, cool it.
  • Options
    Onewsh1luvOnewsh1luv Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    sooo....the so called "patches" have actually made evreything worse on my computer. In the beginning aside from it freezing for about 30 seconds one time and a few questionable other glitches my game was near perfect until the patches claiming to fix my few glitches came out. Now my game crashes everytime i play it so ive had to start saving over and over,and lots of other strange stuff happened. My sim gave birth to twin girls and went home then she walked into the house...stood still for a few seconds...then began walking again, through the walls, through fences, through trees, through hills, and into the community pool <--at this point i just quit the game and refuse to play until something is done!
    And before anyone responds with "you dont have the basic system requirments" I do....like i said before, my game was near perfect before the patches...
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009

I've never had a problem with either towns. My game loads faster than SV in Riverview.
  • Options
    JragunJragun Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The only problems I've ever had is when I play the game too long. It canceled out my tablet twice (I use a tablet as my mouse), and it completely closed out on one random occasion. Sure, that sucked and all, but it happens to just about any game.
    Maybe you're trying to run the game on a low-end computer as if it were a high-end computer. I don't know, but that would definitely cause problems.
    I have a medium quality computer and run the game on its lowest settings. I never was picky about perfection. I don't need super shaders or fantastic tree detail. I just want to play the game.